PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hit the IG Radical MP yet?

alidisperanza
02-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Self explanatory-- Wasn't a huge fan of the MG, or YT series, at least not enough to change but the specs for the IG seem pretty close to my preferred LMs.Thoughts?

ae1222
02-03-2012, 05:32 AM
I just hit with it last night, it is a nice frame. I thought it was noticeably stiffer than the youtek version but not to the point of being harsh. It has good pop from the ground, but if I were to actually use the frame I would add a lot of lead to it. Probably a lot more similar to the LM than any of the previous versions but still a bit different in feel. I would recommend you give it a try and see what you think.

bills8
02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
I tried out the IG Radical MP a couple nights ago. Only played with the LM version once so take with a grain of salt - but it was only about 3 weeks ago. I too felt they played similarly, both could benefit from a bit of lead for my game. I felt it was more solid than the LM version, and had some nice pop. Definitely worth a demo for fans of the LM. Not sure if you'll feel it's worth the upgrade, but I think you'll enjoy hitting with it and find it very familiar.

parasailing
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I like it more than the Youtek Radical. To me, it felt more solid and had less pingy compared to the Youtek Radical. Head did a great job of using IG to improve the Youtek Radical.

JackB1
02-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I liked my brief demo time with it as well. More solid and less "tinny" feeling than the Youtek MP. Seems like a great racquet for intermediate level players that want a control oriented racquet with a decent amount of pop on full swings. Definitely more power than the new Prestige MP. Swingweight is a nice middle of the road-ish 325 in stock form.

atatu
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
After reading the review of the IG Radical Pro, I got a demo and as an afterthought, got the IG Radical MP as well. I really, really liked the MP, much better than the Pro, in my opinion. Currently using the Youtek Prestige Pro, but I could easily switch to the Radical MP.

parasailing
02-03-2012, 09:51 PM
The Radical MP IG is much improved over the Youtek Radical MP. I will probably pick one up but need to start selling some of my other racquets before I get one.

I also preferred MP IG over the Pro IG as it felt a lot more solid than the Pro.

heninfan99
02-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Played 2 hours of doubles with the new MP. It's a very, very sweet racquet. I can't compare it to the older MPs but this one had excellent control but I would have liked a little more plow through(lead). You have to bring your own power.