PDA

View Full Version : APDGT vs BLX Pro Open vs Youtek Extreme

Veninga
02-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Guys,

Got my first hit with the APDGT. I was surprised, less stiff than expected and very solid and strong on groundstrokes. Always thougth I should go for a stiffer and balder frame like these, but I think it really suits my game and I should give it a try.

Above three options. APDGT vs BLX Pro Open vs Youtek Extreme (not the IG, too stiff).

What are the differences? What are the pros and cons of all? Or are they similar?

Any insight would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Chyeaah
02-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Guys,

Got my first hit with the APDGT. I was surprised, less stiff than expected and very solid and strong on groundstrokes. Always thougth I should go for a stiffer and balder frame like these, but I think it really suits my game and I should give it a try.

Above three options. APDGT vs BLX Pro Open vs Youtek Extreme (not the IG, too stiff).

What are the differences? What are the pros and cons of all? Or are they similar?

Playtest them all.

And depends what strings you have. The APDGT might be an arm killer with poly.

Veninga
02-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Which one is stiffer? According to TW the PD, is that correct?

And yes guys, I will be testing them all, if I get the change. Just interested in your views. Thanks.

Chyeaah
02-03-2012, 04:48 AM
APDGT and PDGT has been covered the most. Just google some old threads and you'll find heaps of info.

Hi I'm Ray
02-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Guys,

I tried the APDGT and BLX Pro Open side by side for a few days and IMO they played extremely similar to each other. There is a small difference in weight that is easily addressed with lead tape, and a difference in feel. If you liked the APDGT you will probably like the Pro Open. Didn't try the Youtek.

Chyeaah
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
If you have every played with the Pure Drive, BLX Pro Open plays more similarly to that. Imagine a Pure drive which isn't as good at its good areas, and isn't as bad in it's bad areas and thats the Pro Open.