PDA

View Full Version : Vcore 98D Custimization

tendat
02-03-2012, 05:24 PM
i have a vcore 98d with 2 strips of bumperguard tape on top. because of the weight @12, my swing feels sluggish and i think im hitting late. if i were to counterballence it, where should i place lead tape and HOW MUCH? i was thinking of 5&7 o'clock or maybe even the throat? if i want more racket head speed, where should i place the tape. thanks

TaihtDuhShaat
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
i have a vcore 98d with 2 strips of bumperguard tape on top. because of the weight @12, my swing feels sluggish and i think im hitting late. if i were to counterballence it, where should i place lead tape and HOW MUCH? i was thinking of 5&7 o'clock or maybe even the throat? if i want more racket head speed, where should i place the tape. thanks

wrap 1g of lead tape at a time around the top of the grip. This will speed up the racquet and get rid of the sluggish feeling. Experiment a gram at a time until you get the right feel. The ideal place is 7" from the butt, where you can hide it under the grip.

Bartelby
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
The intelligent Corners in another post suggests the 2/10 treatement as well as any counter-balancing.

In other words, put the weight just before the racquet fattens out at the tip and you get better value.