PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Grip Size

Chopin
02-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi,

This has been discussed before, but the grips on the RDiS 100 line always struck me as a bit bigger than the Yonex of old (RD-7, for example). Is this because that line uses the Yonex Cushion Grip as opposed to the Yonex Synthetic Grip?

How do the grips feel on the VCore 95?

Also, anyone care to compare the Yonex RDiS 100, Yonex VCore 95D, Yonex Ti-80 and the Yonex RDiS 200 Midplus? Those seem to be the current "player" offerings from Yonex.

Thanks,
Chopin

dekko1
02-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi,

This has been discussed before, but the grips on the RDiS 100 line always struck me as a bit bigger than the Yonex of old (RD-7, for example). Is this because that line uses the Yonex Cushion Grip as opposed to the Yonex Synthetic Grip?

Also, anyone care to compare the Yonex RDiS 100, Yonex VCore 95D, Yonex Ti-80 and the Yonex RDiS 200 Midplus? Those seem to be the current "player" offerings from Yonex.

Thanks,
Chopin

I just switched from RDiS100mid to Vcore 95.
They grips size seems to be the same of those two rackets. One thing, the original grip is terrible. I took it off once to make the buttcap thicker, and when i put it back, it just did not stick to the racket and moved during play.

Vcore 95, is a bit more forgiving than RDiS, but can still feel very stiff if you string it at high tensions. It is also a bit faster through the air, and you can get a bit more spin than the RDiS. I got used to it pretty quick, so the differences are not so big, but the changes are for the better, at least for my game.

The RDiS200, I played with it once. I did not really like that it felt quite thick, but still flexible. I would have liked it to thinner, less bulky. It does not feel as solid as Vcore and the RDiS100.

ollinger
02-04-2012, 05:56 AM
There is a cast model of Chopin's hands (said to be rather small for the only major composer to have written every single one of his pieces for piano) at the British Library in London. Bring the racquet there to see if it fits.

edwincen
02-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi,

Thanks,
Chopin

For me, vcore 95's grip is the smallest and weird compare to RDiS, it felt terrible but overall i love that racket.

Xpherex
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't know what about the RDiS series grip size, but I used to play with head racket, grip 3/8 (without overgrip) and when I bought Yonex RQiS Tour 1 I thought that 1/4 will feet me the most with 1 over grip, but it feels perfect without so I made a little mistake that I haven't bought 1/8.

Chopin
02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I just switched from RDiS100mid to Vcore 95.
They grips size seems to be the same of those two rackets. One thing, the original grip is terrible. I took it off once to make the buttcap thicker, and when i put it back, it just did not stick to the racket and moved during play.

Vcore 95, is a bit more forgiving than RDiS, but can still feel very stiff if you string it at high tensions. It is also a bit faster through the air, and you can get a bit more spin than the RDiS. I got used to it pretty quick, so the differences are not so big, but the changes are for the better, at least for my game.

The RDiS200, I played with it once. I did not really like that it felt quite thick, but still flexible. I would have liked it to thinner, less bulky. It does not feel as solid as Vcore and the RDiS100.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm thinking of trying both the Ti-80 and the Vcore95. I like the RDiS a lot--it's perhaps a little stiff, but I really like it. How does the power compare between the Vcore95 and the RDiS 100? Everyone keeps talking about how powerful the Vcore95 is but the RDiS is also powerful.

Chopin
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
There is a cast model of Chopin's hands (said to be rather small for the only major composer to have written every single one of his pieces for piano) at the British Library in London. Bring the racquet there to see if it fits.

Amazing post, Ollinger.

dekko1
02-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm thinking of trying both the Ti-80 and the Vcore95. I like the RDiS a lot--it's perhaps a little stiff, but I really like it. How does the power compare between the Vcore95 and the RDiS 100? Everyone keeps talking about how powerful the Vcore95 is but the RDiS is also powerful.

In terms of power, I think they are very similar. Vcore just a little bit more powerful, but I don't feel I'm over hitting any balls. U can also get more spin with the Vcore, so it's a great balance between power and control.