PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Stringer Issue

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I got this stringer used about a year ago from a friend. It was in perfect condition when I got it. No issues at all and I had no problem stringing 50+ racquets. Yesterday I finished one of my rebels with no issues what-so-ever but halfway through the second racquet's mains I realized something was horribly wrong. I'm not really sure of the technical name, but the top of the stringer is not staying level during tensioning. So pretty much instead of just turning around the top of the stringer now moves up and down for some reason. It is really hard to explain, but if someone else has had the issue I'm sure they know what I'm talking about. I'll try and get a video or something at some point, but in the mean time if anyone has had the problem and knows what to do or just has any suggestions I really need them.

Irvin
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
It sounds like the bearing that turntable rotates on is worn out.

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
What do you do for that?

mad dog1
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
which eagnas model do you have?

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM
The Combo 910. Here is a link http://www.eagnas.com/com910.html

mad dog1
02-04-2012, 01:47 PM
It sounds like the bearing that turntable rotates on is worn out.

the combo 910 doesn't have a turntable bearing.

mad dog1
02-04-2012, 01:50 PM
What do you do for that?

i can't understand the issue based on your 1st post so gonna need to see a video.

you'd replace the bearing if the combo 910 had one, but it doesn't.

COPEY
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you saying the the turntable wobbles during stringing, that if you placed a hand at either end you could rock it back and forth?

jim e
02-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Is it turntable or mounting arms that are loose? You were very vague on problem.
Just look close at what is loose, (try and wiggle the mounting components or table) , and see if there could be a loose screw or bolt that could have come undone. Threaded hardware can come loose over time,if so then try to tighten.

Steve Huff
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Jim, a lot of us guys have loose screws.

jim e
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Jim, a lot of us guys have loose screws.Very true. As time goes on it seems more apparent.

rich s
02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm going to venture a guess that the 4 cap screws in the middle of the turntable need to be tightened.....

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Are you saying the the turntable wobbles during stringing, that if you placed a hand at either end you could rock it back and forth?

Ya that is pretty much the problem. Here is a link to the video I made of the problem. If you need to see something up close just let me know and I can make another real quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bInXs_odJA

mad dog1
02-04-2012, 05:52 PM
i agree w/ rich s...if that doesn't work, i recommend removing the 4 allen bolts securing the turntable and remove the turntable to see what else might be amiss.

jim e
02-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Looks like the best way to determine what is wrong is to remove the turn table and look at all the hardware that secures it in place.

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 06:18 PM
So if I just unscrew the 4 bolts in the center of the turntable then I will be able to remove the whole table right?

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
i took the turntable off and here is a video of the stringer now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlHfMDn12VA

Kevo
02-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I haven't seen that particular machine before, but it looks like the axle that should be in the center fell down in the upright post. I think that is a set screw on the side that came loose and it dropped in. I'd tip the machine over and see if anything comes out of the upright.

tymmh789
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I haven't seen that particular machine before, but it looks like the axle that should be in the center fell down in the upright post. I think that is a set screw on the side that came loose and it dropped in. I'd tip the machine over and see if anything comes out of the upright.

Will definitely try that, but it looks as if all is in order in terms of parts (they just aren't working). Also, after I took the table off I looked down the center and there was a plate a few inches down and there was nothing on top that may have fallen through.

fortun8son
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Loctite, man, Loctite!:twisted:

mad dog1
02-04-2012, 10:01 PM
undo the bolts holding the brake disc and you'll be able to lift the turntable mount and center spindle out to see what's going on.

rich s
02-05-2012, 04:45 AM

Agree completely with this...... if you look at the second video at ~24 seconds it looks like the pivot shaft dropped down into the stand...... turn the machine over get the shaft out, remove the table mount from the brake disk and re-install the pivot and tighten the large set screw that you see at ~14 sec in the second video.....

like fortunate said.... loctite the set screw threads.... if you don't have loctite, nail polish on the threads would be an acceptable substitute in this situation.....

jim e
02-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Those guys are right.
Look in center and the center axle shaft fell in. Just position it properly and tighten down with the set allen (hex screw ) on the side that holds it into place.If you look at the shaft that slid down, you will most likely see a mark where the set locking screw tightens against it, and that will be the place to reposition it.Looks like you are lucky that nothing broke.

tymmh789
02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Ya I actually tried that last night because I was at a loss at what to do and luckily it worked. Thanks.

seekay
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I had a very similar issue with my Eagnas Hawk. Even when the set screw was tight, the table would still wobble a little bit, which slowly loosened the screw (even with thread locker), and eventually, the central support would drop into the stand (like you saw).

I ended up taking the clamps and mounts off the base so I could flip it over and put some J-B Weld in the mounting hole. Now that central pin/axle is permanently attached and there's no more wobbling.

The main downside that I can see is that it would be a little bit more awkward to transport the machine in pieces, but I have no plans to string anywhere else, so I've been pleased with my solution.

levy1
02-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Yes, I have to tighten my screws on my 910 often.

BlxTennis
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes, I have to tighten my screws on my 910 often.

I bought a 910 last december but mine does not have a center set screw and the turn table wobbles a little. Not sure what I can do about it.:cry: