PDA

View Full Version : Help with buying new shoes.

ASantana
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Hello everybody, recently I wore away my Nike Vapor 8's and was wondering what new shoes i should get. I like a lighter shoe, good stability as I have weak ankles, traction isn't a major problem, and most importantly, support as I have a lot of foot problems (plantar fasciitis), as well as very high arches. Durability isn't a big problem for me and I would prefer a larger brand name as my nearest tennis shop doesn't have a large selection. The shoes that have been most recommended have been the Vapor 9's and the Asics Gel Resolution 4 but I don't want to buy a pair without having a lot of opinions on them. Thank you in advance.

Roddick33
02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Vapor 8 is the lightest you can get.

ASantana
02-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Well I don't mind a little bit heavier but I am saying a generally light shoe. For example: I tried the Barricade 6 and found them too clunky. I have used the Vapor 5,6, 7, and 8 as well as the Breathe 2k11 and would like something in that range of weight.

WildVolley
02-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Vapor 8 is the lightest you can get.

Why do you say this? Several other brands have lighter tennis shoes than the Vapor 8. For example, both the Yonex 304s and NB MC 851s are lighter than the Vapor 8s.

Roddick33
02-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Why do you say this? Several other brands have lighter tennis shoes than the Vapor 8. For example, both the Yonex 304s and NB MC 851s are lighter than the Vapor 8s.

You're right.
My bad.

But vapor 8 is really light still.

WildVolley
02-04-2012, 08:08 PM
You're right.
My bad.

But vapor 8 is really light still.

Yeah, it is a light shoe and I'm a fan of light shoes, especially for match play. I'm willing to put up with a heavier, more durable shoe for practice, but I don't want combat boots on my feet when I'm playing a match.

For a while, K-Swiss was selling a shoe under 10 ounces.:shock: Unfortunately, they were too narrow for my feet. Nike needs to step up and offer a shoe under 10 ounces for match play.

I'd suggest trying the Yonex 304s, except they aren't a widely carried brand. Also, they're not very durable shoes, but very comfy, especially if you have a normal heel and need a wider forefoot.

Roddick33
02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it is a light shoe and I'm a fan of light shoes, especially for match play. I'm willing to put up with a heavier, more durable shoe for practice, but I don't want combat boots on my feet when I'm playing a match.

For a while, K-Swiss was selling a shoe under 10 ounces.:shock: Unfortunately, they were too narrow for my feet. Nike needs to step up and offer a shoe under 10 ounces for match play.

I'd suggest trying the Yonex 304s, except they aren't a widely carried brand. Also, they're not very durable shoes, but very comfy, especially if you have a normal heel and need a wider forefoot.

Lol I used CB 3.3 (always have been since they came out) today in a match and guess what?

....I lost.

kingofstring
02-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Get the vapor nine it is light and very stable.

ASantana
02-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I forgot to mention that my foot is regular width and I don't absolutely need to try them on but it would be helpful if I could. Thank you guys.

ASantana
02-07-2012, 03:22 PM
bump......

PhotoBlue
02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Get the vapor nine it is light and very stable.

Amazing shoes if durability isn't an issue for you

ASantana
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Amazing shoes if durability isn't an issue for you

Alright thank you guys I think I'm going to get those. I gotta get them from TW, I went to my local store and they don't carry the Vapors because they didn't like the 6's. I find that ridiculous.

anhuynh16
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Alright thank you guys I think I'm going to get those. I gotta get them from TW, I went to my local store and they don't carry the Vapors because they didn't like the 6's. I find that ridiculous.

Another +1 on the Vapor 9, its an amazing shoe!!

I would order two sizes first- your current size and a half size larger since some people went 1/2 size larger on theirs and since you can't try them on,

aweil
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Babolat propulse3 I recently switched from the vapor8 to the pp3s. Feel a lot lighter than the list16.1oz feel more like a 15oz shoe great stability lowish to the ground and good arch support