PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever ordered the European version of a shoe?

mcenroefan
02-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Was just wondering:

Is it possible to order/import the European version of a shoe (maybe to get a color not offered in the US) and, if so, is the fit/sizing different from the US version?

Thanks!

kingofstring
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I think it is.

Borrelli
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Was just wondering:

Is it possible to order/import the European version of a shoe (maybe to get a color not offered in the US) and, if so, is the fit/sizing different from the US version?

Thanks!

The size is still marked in US sizes. You just need to know what particular euro size correlates to your US size in the particular brand you want. For instance I'm a US 9.5 in Nike, which equals a UK 8.5 or EUR 43. Some sites will still list the shoes by their US size, it varies.

Sveinsson
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Like the post above says. Shoe sizing is different between brands.

I'm a total Nike freak so I only buy Nike products and being in Iceland I have both shoes from USA and Europe. I'm a 42 Europe, wich is 8.5 USA and 7.5 in the UK.

Just be 100% on the different size between brands and country.

mcenroefan
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks!

What is the best method to order a European shoe from the US....just call US TW or should I order it off the TW Europe website?

Sveinsson
02-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks!

What is the best method to order a European shoe from the US....just call US TW or should I order it off the TW Europe website?

I don't think there is one "best" way. I think it's pretty much the same. I think most of the online stores ship worldwide. I've used *Bay, p w p . c o m and Tennis Warehouse both Europe and USA.

If you see a shoe on the Europe TW site I'd just use that. It ships fast with Fedex.

dr325i
02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Was just wondering:

Thanks!

First, ask yourself if it is worth paying extra 70% premium just for the color.
WHatever you pay in the US, the price would be the same, but in Euros which adds about 30%. The shipping to the USA would be at least 30 Euro = $40. So, for a $100 shoe in the USA, you would end up paying $170...

Other than that, it is doable, TWE would do it. Most of the EU online stores actually do NOT ship to the USA.