PDA

View Full Version : Tennis One vs Tennisplayer.net

El Caver
02-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Well, I want to subscribe to one of these instructional sites and I want to get some feedback from you guys. I used to get Tennisplayer.net when USPTA pros could get it for free and I was very happy with it. The feature when they analyze a stroke from a member and compare it side by side with a pro is very cool. Tennis One has that free SportsCAD Video Analysis Software, which seems like a nice tool. Has anybody tried it?

I am anxiously waiting for you opinion.

JohnYandell
02-05-2012, 06:28 PM
El,

If you decide to go with Tennisplayer you can still get a USPTA discount by clicking on that link upper left.

As you probably know you can download any clip on Tennisplayer and get in in a local QT movie file to compare side by side. This gives you a lot of flexibility in making the comparisons, different players, different angles, stance, court positions etc.

kiteboard
02-06-2012, 07:15 AM
http://www.tennisplayer.net has 65,000, that's thousands of clips to compare your own shots with. No other site has as good a selection or as good articles from all types of experts. It's for the serious student. Video side by side is the fastest way to improve your game, and only video survives the ages.

There was an article on the grunt in this month's issue. I believe that grunting can focus your energy and speed/core strength. It's the best article I've ever seen on the subject and no other site has ever had a more complete piece on that one. The video really made that piece pop.

sureshs
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Very interesting. I got into trouble in the Pro Player section for suggesting that since Azzy and Masha, the two finalists in the AO, are both shriekers, there must be some advantage to it and is giving them an edge over the others.

02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Very interesting. I got into trouble in the Pro Player section for suggesting that since Azzy and Masha, the two finalists in the AO, are both shriekers, there must be some advantage to it and is giving them an edge over the others.

Interesting that some would not see that as an advantage?
Quite annoying at the very least.

kiteboard
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
It is annoying. But would you rather see gladiators fighting to the death or a polite/quiet chess match? Blood in the Hamburg sand (Seles via Parches knife), or Martina's, "I can't hear the ball."? No one complains about martial artists or weight lifters making too many grunting noises. Do Ninjas grunt?

02-08-2012, 01:32 PM
It is annoying. But would you rather see gladiators fighting to the death or a polite/quiet chess match? Blood in the Hamburg sand (Seles via Parches knife), or Martina's, "I can't hear the ball."? No one complains about martial artists or weight lifters making too many grunting noises. Do Ninjas grunt?

To each his own.
I don't care for it and another reason I don't watch the
women as often.

sureshs
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Interesting that some would not see that as an advantage?
Quite annoying at the very least.

I meant physical advantage as in breathing (exhaling). Are you referring to advantage by distracting others?

Their judgement was clouded by the annoyance. But even beyond that, there was disagreement about its advantage. For example, Federer does not grunt. Would he be better off if he did?

02-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I meant physical advantage as in breathing (exhaling). Are you referring to advantage by distracting others?

Their judgement was clouded by the annoyance. But even beyond that, there was disagreement about its advantage. For example, Federer does not grunt. Would he be better off if he did?

I'm not convinced that grunting is always best, but
I think it may help some athletes with their breathing.

larry10s
02-11-2012, 05:16 PM
back to the op
if you are analytical tennisplaayer.net is the BEST site on the web
imho
icbw

tennisone had very good articles not as detailed as tennisplyer

my opinion
tennis one is great UP TO 4.5
tennisplayer is GOOD UP TO PRO

kiteboard
02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
back to the op
if you are analytical tennisplaayer.net is the BEST site on the web
imho
icbw

tennisone had very good articles not as detailed as tennisplyer

my opinion
tennis one is great UP TO 4.5
tennisplayer is GOOD UP TO PRO

I was thinking this but did not say it. Judgment is often clouded by annoyance/anger/disgust/hatred/violence. Thus we do not see any value in those things that cloud us.

larry10s
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
i am just a young jedi
i say what i feel
havent learned to control it yet:)