PDA

View Full Version : Who else loves Gamma?

DoctorBackhand
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't actually own one, but they have so many rackets I would buy if I had the money to blow. They know how to make good rackets with just graphite and the right mix of specs. Big Bubba, 320x, 340x, and now the new RZR 98t & 100t. They just put together a racket that no other company seems to be willing to make, and perhaps due to the small customer pool they can get away with making such outlandish rackets (speaking only of the 100t). But what is your opinion on Gamma rackets?

ATP100
02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Racquets....Yuck
Stringers....Yeah

PhotoBlue
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Racquets....Yuck
Stringers....Yeah

Couldn't agree more... :)

DoctorBackhand
02-05-2012, 05:33 PM
How come? I'm actually really curious to see why you don't like them. Just from the specs they seem like rackets I would enjoy, although the paint jobs leave much to be desired.

nalvarado
02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I really enjoy the 98T.

DoctorBackhand
02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I really enjoy the 98T.

You have it already? How is? Is the swingweight really in the 350s or was that a typo on TW's part?

vergica
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I am still demoing it and I might buy it. It has in stock the static weight and SW I like as I am tired of playing with lead...
The only concern its the stiffness of the racquet (though rated at 62 by TW..?) as I saw in other reviews and the one at TW ( I do not have an arm problem yet using it..used for only 2 hours only).

sstchur
07-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I am still demoing it and I might buy it. It has in stock the static weight and SW I like as I am tired of playing with lead...
The only concern its the stiffness of the racquet (though rated at 62 by TW..?) as I saw in other reviews and the one at TW ( I do not have an arm problem yet using it..used for only 2 hours only).

I have all of the RZRs. I like the RZR 98 quite a bit. The 100T and the 98T are also both great, but quite heavy to swing.

The newer RZR 95 is a seriously sweet stick. And the RZR 105 fills a niche that should please a good number of fans looking for a solid tweener.

I actually still use the Gamma T-7 (I have 8 of them!). But if/when my T-7s bite the dust, the RZR 98 would likely be my racquet of choice.

aced_Tezuka
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
I have the RZR 98. I absolutely love it when my footwork's great.

Unforgiving on lazy days though. I want to try the 98t, but I can probably just lead up the 98. Lots of room for customization.

I also have a Gamma Progression 2. I love it to death. Glad I got it over the Klippermate, mainly because of the racheting mechanism.

Their strings are also good too. Yet to have tried their grips. Thinking of buying a box and gripping them on my clients' rackets.

Kalin
07-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Gammas are awesome. I have 2 DF 9.5's that are a dream to hit with, very stable yet maneuverable (18 mm beam!) and very, very smooth. Not a spin or a serve monster but supreme control from the ground and enough mass to withstand (and deliver) a heavy ball.

Also have a 8.0 OS 27.5" which is also beautifully balanced with a nice hit; just the combo of large head and extra length is a bit too much sometimes especially at the net

Also have some brand new 325's still unstrung with the wrapper on the grip :) Soon will put them in action.

In short, Gammas are fantastic sticks. I still need to find the original 32" 135 sqin Big Bubba for the days I just want to take it easy... or walk in deep snow :)

floide
07-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Racquets....Yuck
Stringers....Yeah

Same here.

JackB1
07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
The Rzr 95, 98 and 105 are all seriously strong sticks. If more people tried them they would agree. I currently have a 105 and it's a great tweener that feels more like a players stick.

El Diablo
07-17-2013, 11:35 AM
If I read this thread correctly, the OP loves Gamma racquets though has never actually used one??

DoctorBackhand
07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
If I read this thread correctly, the OP loves Gamma racquets though has never actually used one??

Yes. I like the fact that they aren't afraid to push the boundaries on racket specs.
Probably not going to try one for a long time though. I'm set with my rackets.

tennixpl
07-17-2013, 12:06 PM
have the RZR 95. its a bit uncomfortable to hit with after long days.
teh string pattern is also strange as there is a larger than normal variance in distance between strings. i went back to a PSLtd after trying it. tried it again after getting better and in a grove with the PSLtd. its a stiff stick but has good specs, if you arm and shoulder can handle it its worth a whirl. I would like something similar in the 60RA stiffness though. Also vibrates like a mother on of center hits. The RZR is a beautiful mold though.

darklore009
07-17-2013, 12:48 PM
for me their rackets are meh,
but they're stringer and strings is the best

jdog
07-17-2013, 12:55 PM
i have a perferred player package with them and i am using the rzr 95 and i love it i used to use the six one 85 18/20 i lost a little weight on my shots but gained accuracy and consistency also i find gamma moto to play pretty good as well but it comes second to volkl cyclone
but over all i love gamma

sstchur
07-17-2013, 01:18 PM
i have a perferred player package with them and i am using the rzr 95 and i love it i used to use the six one 85 18/20 i lost a little weight on my shots but gained accuracy and consistency also i find gamma moto to play pretty good as well but it comes second to volkl cyclone
but over all i love gamma

Have you tried the new RZR Rx string? It's really really nice. You should ask them for a sample pack.

I also really like iO.