PDA

View Full Version : IG Rad MP vs Pro

The_Steak
02-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi All,

I've used the search function I promise, but I havn't found anything conclusive. It seems from what people have been saying they play the same? Could anyone identify key differences for me?

-Steak

Recoveringhobo
02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I haven't hit with the MP but it looks to be a little easier to swing and lower powered than the Pro. The Pro also has a more open string pattern giving it better access to spin but less to control.

Also, it would be interesting if someone could compare the two to the Prestige S.

atatu
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I really liked the MP better than the Pro, the power level felt pretty similar to me, but the pro was just harder to volley with. I'm using the YT Prestige Pro, so it could be that the swing weight of the Pro was just too high for me.

The_Steak
02-05-2012, 06:02 PM
harder to hit volleys with? how so?

AverageJoe
02-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I've had extensive time with both and really liked both. Since they are the same mold this time around they play fairly similar. The 16x19 string pattern in the pro makes a noticeable difference in spin and ball trajectory though. Too much so for me. The pro also doesnt want to come around as quickly as the MP (the cap grommet). That aside I felt like they were both extremely good frames and I've tried every player frame out there including the H19, H22, PT57E and A, TGK line, etc. But I would agree they play very similar, both very strong from the ground and at the net, and both served extremely well. I should qualify and say that I added a leather grip and a little lead (2g at 12) to the MP when I played with it. Stock for stock I'd say the pro is a better frame but after a little modification the MP, I think, it definitely has the edge.

The_Steak
02-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Interesting, looks like ill try the pro first

parasailing
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I was excited about the Pro but came away disappointed with it. The Rad MP has improved over the previous versions with a much more solid feel. Power is slightly better too. I owned the previous two version of the Rad MP so I will be getting one of these to add to my collection.

The Pro just felt sluggish and power felt the same to me as the Rad MP. My current racquet is a PSTGT so SW is about the same and doesn't play a part. It does feel a bit more solid than the Youtek Rad Pro. I think the IG makes their entire lineup a bit more solid overall.

JackB1
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
The Pro has a MUCH higher swingweight than the mp.
Around 338 to 324-

The_Steak
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
hmm, seems like weight is the only key difference?

Bartelby
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
weight, swingweight and balance are different

frame is the same but not the grommet

Yourtenniscoach
02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
The Pro has a MUCH higher swingweight than the mp.
Around 338 to 324-

338? Mine checked in at 330 strung w/ damp and overgrip.

jedd
02-08-2012, 04:48 PM
hey can anybody tell about the grip shape of the new radicals?? similar to ytk rad or speed?

Yourtenniscoach
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
hey can anybody tell about the grip shape of the new radicals?? similar to ytk rad or speed?

I think its more like the Youtek Radical. Its more of the new rounded head shape thankfully. I've hated the retangualr grip shape of the old Head frames!

JGads
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Every two years people wonder if Head has changed the grips of the Prestiges and Radicals. And every two years, Head doesn't change it at all.

Speed series is still the only one with the rounder grips. (actually, I haven't hit with Extreme/Instinct, so can't comment there).

Bartelby
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Extreme is like the Prestiges and Radicals.

Yourtenniscoach
02-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Every two years people wonder if Head has changed the grips of the Prestiges and Radicals. And every two years, Head doesn't change it at all.

Speed series is still the only one with the rounder grips. (actually, I haven't hit with Extreme/Instinct, so can't comment there).

The grips on the IG Radicals are rounder than the grips on the LM and MG series. They are getting rounder, just not very quickly.

Bartelby
02-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Changes in base grip need to be factored in, if any.

Ten_nuts
02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
The grips on the IG Radicals are rounder than the grips on the LM and MG series. They are getting rounder, just not very quickly.

Rounder? I don't think so. The Head Youtek IG Radical MP still has the TK82 pallets, same as the Utek Radical MP. As a matter of fact, the Utek IG Rad MP is the new paint job of the Utek Rad MP. I hit with both and couldn't feel any difference. The new IG Rad MP is stiffer? i don't think so. I sold my IG Rad MP and with this cash, i got 2 new Utek Rad MP. Amazing.

Yourtenniscoach
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Rounder? I don't think so. The Head Youtek IG Radical MP still has the TK82 pallets, same as the Utek Radical MP. As a matter of fact, the Utek IG Rad MP is the new paint job of the Utek Rad MP. I hit with both and couldn't feel any difference. The new IG Rad MP is stiffer? i don't think so. I sold my IG Rad MP and with this cash, i got 2 new Utek Rad MP. Amazing.

I said the new grips were rounder than they LM (liquidmetal) & MG (microgel). Clean out your ears! I didn't say anything about the Youtek version!