PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX 95 16x18 Vs Head IG Prestige Pro

holytennis
02-07-2012, 04:53 AM
I've been doing a lot of research to find the 'Perfect' racket for me. The Wilson blx 95 and the Head ig prestige Pro are the finalists. Chris Edwards, you seem to be a player i respect the most in the TW review squad, mainly because you are very experienced and also have a similar game style to mine (except i don't volley or slice that much). As usual my bulletin questions are:

1) The Head is said to have a 98 sq. inch Head Size. Many Posters in the forums deny this, and claim the ig prestige pro has a 95 sq inch head size? Is this true?

2)Which of the TWO DID YOU PERSONALLY PREFER?

3)Which has more Power and which is more forgiving?

Thanks a lot for your Time. Like i said, we both have a similar game style and i guess we share a similar taste for rackets. I wouldn't say I'm a 5.0 yet, maybe 4.0-4.5. Can't Demo. :(

Btw, why did Carol feel that the Ig prestige Mp was heavy? It has a SW of 310!

holytennis
02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Gotta buy it soon, please reply fast...

Power Player
02-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I am not sure if they will reply or not so I will try and help you in the meantime if that is cool:

1. the Head is a 95. Marketed as a 98.
2. ill leave blank for them to respond (i use the 6.1)
3. the Blx has more power. It is a very powerful stick. I'd put it over a Prestige Pro and under a Pure Drive if that helps.

holytennis
02-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I am not sure if they will reply or not so I will try and help you in the meantime if that is cool:

1. the Head is a 95. Marketed as a 98.
2. ill leave blank for them to respond (i use the 6.1)
3. the Blx has more power. It is a very powerful stick. I'd put it over a Prestige Pro and under a Pure Drive if that helps.

Have you tried both the rackets PowerPlayer?

Power Player
02-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I played last year youtek prestige pro and guys who have played the new one say the power levels are the same.

Prestige pro has a very small sweet spot (not a bad thing, just worth noting) and is not as powerful as the BLX 95.

holytennis
02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the Input. I guess i shouldn't have asked them directly about the Ig Pro's head size. But why is the TW Staff so hesitant to answer about the Ig pro's Head size? I have searched many threads, and many people did say it has a 95 head size. not a word from the staff on this matter though. BTW, how is the sweetspot on the six one? How does it repond on off-center hits?

Power Player
02-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Its a pretty nice size, but is still a players stick and if you need more forgiveness, you may want to check out bigger sticks.

It is not bad on off center hits though, you just need to be able to keep them to a minimum or neither of these sticks will be for you.

ZeroSkid
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I think the Six One 95 is in a class of it's own, I have demoed the Prestige Pro and I own the Prestige MP. The Six one 95 pretty much edges the Prestige in every category (spin, feel, plow- through, stability, control, etc) but I would say it's slightly more demanding, honestly you have to demo and see for yourself

holytennis
02-13-2012, 03:25 AM
I think the Six One 95 is in a class of it's own, I have demoed the Prestige Pro and I own the Prestige MP. The Six one 95 pretty much edges the Prestige in every category (spin, feel, plow- through, stability, control, etc) but I would say it's slightly more demanding, honestly you have to demo and see for yourself

Have you tried the New IG Prestige Pro or the old one without Innegra? Unfortunately i can't demo .. :(

ZeroSkid
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Have you tried the New IG Prestige Pro or the old one without Innegra? Unfortunately i can't demo .. :(

oh sorry I was not reading, I have only used the microgel and youtek versions, but how much can they change really?

holytennis
02-14-2012, 03:25 AM
oh sorry I was not reading, I have only used the microgel and youtek versions, but how much can they change really?

People say it's a completely different stick, not what you typically think of recent iterations of the prestige pro. I heard the feel is more soft and silky.

holytennis
02-14-2012, 03:33 AM
People from TW doesn't seem to be responding to this thread, better start a new one.