PDA

View Full Version : Which racket is the best here?

Jcarlisle2
02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Which racket should i choose?

Babolat pure drive roddick
BLX Prostaff 95
Head Speed 16x19

LeeD
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Best for what?
Power?
Control?
Easy on the arm?
Affordability?
Long fast swing or slower controlled swing?
Image?

Jcarlisle2
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
All around the best. The most stable one here.

LeeD
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Is it that easy?
Why don't all pros use the same racket?
Why are there over 20 car makers?

TheOneHander
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
You can't say one racquet is the "best". They have different characteristics than one another, making them more desirable to different people. What else are you looking for in a racquet besides stability? What's your game style like? What have you liked/disliked in previous racquets?

"Best" is not what you're looking for.

ZeroSkid
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I haven't used the IG version, but the Youtek speed was not a very good racquet imo

Jcarlisle2
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Powerful baseline, no spin on my forehand, a lot of backhand. Serve is average. i am a 4.0 player

TheOneHander
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I haven't used the IG version, but the Youtek speed was not a very good racquet imo

The problem with posts like these (nothing personal) is that they don't tell you anything. You didn't like the racquet, which is what we hear from that post. But why did you not like it? Saying that it's not good does nothing for the audience.

Powerful baseline, no spin on my forehand, a lot of backhand. Serve is average. i am a 4.0 player

Okay...that helps a little. What about all the other questions I asked? Those will assist us more.

Blitzball
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I think the IG Speed 16x19 isn't that great of a racquet, so it goes down to the Prostaff 95 and Pure Drive Roddick. The 95 (in case you haven't hit with it) feels like a more forgiving version of the normal PS90, however, I did notice a bit of instability at times and erratic shots due to such low power in a tweener frame. The Pure Drive, on the other hand, is much more powerful and is very good for baseliners because of the large headsize, but it's more natural for topspin players to whip their forehands for massive spin, but the racquet shouldn't matter if you're good enough.

So, if you choose the PS95, you'll have a racquet that will more suitable for your forehand and allow for customization with lead tape, etc. If you choose the PD Roddick, you'll have a stick that generates easier power and more stability, and probably more suitable for your serve and backhand. Either way you win.

TheBoom
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Roddick if you can handle it, adds power lots of spin and personally the ig was only decent at everything nothin flashy, haven't tried the pro staff

lgbalfa
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
you should just demo all the racquets.

what one person likes, someone else might not, so that would be my suggestion.