PDA

View Full Version : TW item picking and packing: YOU CAN DO BETTER

MAXXply
02-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I've just received my TW package comprising one 6-pack bag and numerous smaller accessories like sweatbands, overgrips and a few softcover books.

Obviously you need to use the racket-size shipping box to fit the tennis bag. I just wished the pickers and packers on duty went that little extra step to bundle up all the smaller items into one bag instead of just throwing them loose into the box. As a result, my tennis books have been received in a crumpled, dog-eared state that now look well-thumbed and used. If these smaller items were bundled up they wouldn't have had to endure being schlepped to the other side of the world while being shaken around the whole time like a barman's cocktail shaker.

I realise the staff must work to deadlines. I just wished the warehouse pickers on this particular shift were a bit more attentive, that's all. My previous TW purchases did arrive with the loose items bundled together so it was disappointing it didn't happen this time around.

TW Staff
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
We're very sorry to hear that! I've forwarded your post to one of our Customer Service Managers and he will be in contact with you.

Once again, we apologize for handling your order the way we did.

Jason, TW

MAXXply
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you Jason for forwarding my matter. I wish to thank Devin Sullivan, Customer Service Manager for his prompt and satisfactory resolution to my issue. TW Customer Service truly rocks!

zapvor
02-09-2012, 10:41 PM
eh....is it really that big of a deal if your grips and stuff is floating around in a box?

Big_Dangerous
02-10-2012, 12:31 AM
eh....is it really that big of a deal if your grips and stuff is floating around in a box?

Yeah I wouldn't care much about that, those are typically fine to move around in the box.

The books, however, are certainly a legitimate problem.

scotus
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah I wouldn't care much about that, those are typically fine to move around in the box.

The books, however, are certainly a legitimate problem.

I agree concerning books.

However, the OP could have contacted TW directly and resolved this matter more discreetly (Trust me, TW has great customer service), but instead decided to make it a public affair and embarrass TW into catering to his/her needs.

I myself may very well decide to post something like this, but only if TW were to refuse to make things right in the first place.

MAXXply
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
The racket-size shipping boxes, we all know, are relatively big. That's a lotta cavernous space in there for goods to toss around like a, you get the idea...Sure, soft items like sweatbands mightn't be a big deal to pack securely but new books are a different matter entirely.

I did not - as if by some calculatingly deliberate act of b@$7#rdry - post my issue here in order to "out" TW and publicly embarrass them, in the hope of exacting some exceedingly-generous measure of recompense.
Merely, the TW Questions/Comments thread was the nearest point for me to vent my disappointment at the time so if anything, it may be said that I reacted with undue haste. Clearly, during my moment of apoplectic consumer rage I didn't think to navigate a few more steps to TW Order Enquiries.