PDA

View Full Version : modern prestige vs prestige classic?

bc-05
02-09-2012, 04:02 AM
hi guys, its been a long time since im back on the board.. however ive been playing with a pc600 for a while.. and im currently using a pc600 leaded up to (well i don't know if my scale is wrong but it seems high) 380grams in weight (add 8 strips on 3&9 oclock, 4 strips on 2&4 oclock and counterbalance on the buttcap)..

for me this is the perfect racquet.. i don't play competition anymore but i do use to play alot of national tournament in the past and just got back to hitting again since the aussie open (yes i do miss tennis since been off for nearly a year).. now that i started playing again, i just realised that i only have 2 pc600 and 2 pt600 left...

and despite loving these racquets.. i prefer not to play with them anymore since they are my favourite racquets and they are very rare..

therefore im in a hunt for a similar racquet to a pc600, so today i was having a hit with my friend, who is a state player, but he is also a tennis racquet maniac.. he was showing me his collection of all the prestige lines that he has..

i got to try the LM, MG and YT prestiges.. this is what i found

- i found that the LM isn't as solid as the PC600, in fact even if you hit the sweetspot, the PC seems to have a sweeter sweetspot.. it is also more vibrating than the PC, infact controls are abit harder to achieve in the LM than the PC -- however though the PC600 feels a bit stiffer??? am i right in saying this?

- i found that the microgel and the YT is stiffer than the PC600. For some reason they both feel somewhat hollow compare to the PC600.. again not as solid as the PC600, however i felt that the 2 racquet has too much of a dampening feel to it.. once again am i right??

i don't know if im feeling the right thing.. but im looking to get a replacement for a pc600.. in fact if there is a better midsize racquet than pc600, please let me know.. i did try ps 6.0 85 and i don't get the same feeling as the pc600..

POG mid gives me alot of satisfaction but for some reason it just lacks the control..

dr325i
02-09-2012, 04:43 AM
hi guys, its been a long time since im back on the board.. however ive been playing with a pc600 for a while.. and im currently using a pc600 leaded up to (well i don't know if my scale is wrong but it seems high) 380grams in weight (add 8 strips on 3&9 oclock, 4 strips on 2&4 oclock and counterbalance on the buttcap)..

for me this is the perfect racquet.. i don't play competition anymore but i do use to play alot of national tournament in the past and just got back to hitting again since the aussie open (yes i do miss tennis since been off for nearly a year).. now that i started playing again, i just realised that i only have 2 pc600 and 2 pt600 left...

and despite loving these racquets.. i prefer not to play with them anymore since they are my favourite racquets and they are very rare..

therefore im in a hunt for a similar racquet to a pc600, so today i was having a hit with my friend, who is a state player, but he is also a tennis racquet maniac.. he was showing me his collection of all the prestige lines that he has..

i got to try the LM, MG and YT prestiges.. this is what i found

- i found that the LM isn't as solid as the PC600, in fact even if you hit the sweetspot, the PC seems to have a sweeter sweetspot.. it is also more vibrating than the PC, infact controls are abit harder to achieve in the LM than the PC -- however though the PC600 feels a bit stiffer??? am i right in saying this?

- i found that the microgel and the YT is stiffer than the PC600. For some reason they both feel somewhat hollow compare to the PC600.. again not as solid as the PC600, however i felt that the 2 racquet has too much of a dampening feel to it.. once again am i right??

i don't know if im feeling the right thing.. but im looking to get a replacement for a pc600.. in fact if there is a better midsize racquet than pc600, please let me know.. i did try ps 6.0 85 and i don't get the same feeling as the pc600..

POG mid gives me alot of satisfaction but for some reason it just lacks the control..

Next, you should try the IG Prestige Mid and all of your problems may be solved...

bc-05
02-09-2012, 05:22 AM
i know tw reviews said that the ig prestige feels similar to the pc600.. but i need others view as well..

btw im in australia, and i don't think many shops have demos of it let alone do they stock the current IG prestige

tball
02-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I find that Donnay X-Blue 94 is quite similar. ( But for me, X-Blue 99 is better: it is bigger, it feels bigger -- definitely a step away from PC600, and definitely some precision is lost. )

sargeinaz
02-09-2012, 07:44 AM
I agree that you should check out the IG Prestige mid.