PDA

View Full Version : blacking out a racquet?

bc-05
02-09-2012, 05:52 AM
i know theres alot of discussion about this.. and for some odd reason i couldn't find any old thread answering what i'm about to ask..

i want to black out an old racquet of mine that i don't use at all (a beaten up TT graphite).. however it is badly beaten that it's not funny.. and i want to black it out.. most of the thread that i've read explains for a paint strip before re-spraying..

my question is that if i didn't care about balance nor weight.. how could i paint over the top without stripping the original paint? and so that the re-spray doesn't peel/flake off?

i do have a precision approach tennis racquet that i bought from someone, and i'm sure that it was painted over, i'm confident because there's part that are cut-off and still have the original paint (ie the prince logo and the "precision approach" logo)..

any help would be appreciated

bc-05
02-09-2012, 07:45 AM
no one?????????/

Larrysümmers
02-09-2012, 07:50 AM
cover up what you dont want painted with some tape. spray a coat of primer on then a coat of black.

klementine79
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
^ I wish it was that easy... :smile: and maybe it could be.

The thread on the matter, thanks to username.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=172828&highlight=paint+user+name

EDIT: Devilito also had a very good thread on painting a racquet, not sure if he used user name's thread.