PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Baricade 7.0 CLAY shoes

FootFaultMyeye
02-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Has anyone tried the Adidas Baricade 7.0 CLAY shoes? I'll be playing on Har-Tru courts this spring/summer and want a clay specific sole to play in. The herringbone design on the new Barricade 7 Clay shoes looks great, and the fact that they shaved off some weight makes this shoe very attractive for clay court players. I owned a pair of Barricade V's in the past and found them to be too heavy on clay courts. My current pair of Adidas Feathers are just about worn out.
Any info on the Baricade CLAY shoes would be appreciated.
Thanks,
FootFaultMyEye

adidasman
02-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Has anyone tried the Adidas Baricade 7.0 CLAY shoes? I'll be playing on Har-Tru courts this spring/summer and want a clay specific sole to play in. The herringbone design on the new Barricade 7 Clay shoes looks great, and the fact that they shaved off some weight makes this shoe very attractive for clay court players. I owned a pair of Barricade V's in the past and found them to be too heavy on clay courts. My current pair of Adidas Feathers are just about worn out.
Any info on the Baricade CLAY shoes would be appreciated.
Thanks,
FootFaultMyEye I have the B6 clay shoes, which have the same sole, and they're fantastic. (I was a Feather clay shoe wearer for a long time, then couldn't get them when the adiZeros came out.) I should think the B7s will be as good, if not better.

FootFaultMyeye
02-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks, Adidasman. I'll order a pair of the new 7's. Just wondering if I should hold out for some color choices for spring and summer. The black/white/orange colors are a little severe for my tastes. Do you know if the 7 Clays are lighter than the 6 Clay Barricades?

adidasman
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Adidasman. I'll order a pair of the new 7's. Just wondering if I should hold out for some color choices for spring and summer. The black/white/orange colors are a little severe for my tastes. Do you know if the 7 Clays are lighter than the 6 Clay Barricades? I assume they are, based on the reduced weight of the B7 upper. The shop adidas website has the B7 clay shoes in white, by the way.

rd0707
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I only see the red/white/black shoes on the web, not pure white?

vsbabolat
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks, Adidasman. I'll order a pair of the new 7's. Just wondering if I should hold out for some color choices for spring and summer. The black/white/orange colors are a little severe for my tastes. Do you know if the 7 Clays are lighter than the 6 Clay Barricades?

I wore the 6 Clay all last year and got the 7 Clay. The 7 Clay is lighter and softer. Big improvement.

FootFaultMyeye
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely order a pair of the Clay 7's, just might wait to see if there are different color options come spring. Does anyone know if Adidas plans on offering these Clay Barricade 7's in different colors any time soon?