PDA

View Full Version : Racquet specs

yourname1245
02-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I wanna get another blx 90 because I tried a few and only one played right. The specs from Wilson as usual aren't matching to this stick. This stick is actually much heavier then the few I played.
This being the case I need to have my racquet spec'd on a RDC so I can get them to someone who can get me another 2 sticks to match.
Question is do I have to take off the leather to get the best results or even get the right specs? Not sure if I wanna take off the leather and ruin the handle feel.

corners
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I wanna get another blx 90 because I tried a few and only one played right. The specs from Wilson as usual aren't matching to this stick. This stick is actually much heavier then the few I played.
This being the case I need to have my racquet spec'd on a RDC so I can get them to someone who can get me another 2 sticks to match.
Question is do I have to take off the leather to get the best results or even get the right specs? Not sure if I wanna take off the leather and ruin the handle feel.

You want to leave the leather on to measure weight, balance and swingweight. The only reason to take the leather off is to measure stiffness, where you get a more accurate reading if the handle is bare. But I doubt you'll find anyone that will match stiffness, so don't worry about that spec, the other three are the most important.