PDA

View Full Version : EXO3 Rebel vs TFight 320 VO2 Max

tymmh789
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
If anyone has any experience with both racquets it would be much appreciated. I currently play with the rebels but was thinking about switching over to the 320's because of the more open string pattern and also for the slightly lighter weight. Thanks in advance.

PED
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
There is around 14g or so difference in static weight between the 2 of them. the Rebel is a bit more head light but the Tec comes around really fast, it's a great combo of power and control from the 95 head.

The Prince feels much more cushioned than the Tec. The Tec isn't too stiff but it sounds somewhat metallic on impact, especially with full poly strung tighter. A dampener takes care of that if it bothers you but I play without one.

They are very different sticks but I think you could adapt nicely to the Tec. I wanted a 340g ish stick that I could play without mods. I got sick of leading up apds and ytpp's and the Tec has been perfect in that response.

The string pattern is very open but control doesn't suffer because of the 95 hoop. It also works well with almost any string. My fav setup is full Tour Bite 1.25mm at 54/52. Great power and control.

It's almost impossible to be late on a shot-even caught out wide,
it swings so quickly that you still have plenty of control. You can almost create a really heavy ball pretty effortlessly. The weight of the Prince is a bit much for me-I turn into a pumpkin over 345g or so :)

The Prince comes around quickly but there's that small lag at first because of the greater mass involved. Prince may be slightly better on the 2hbh but the Tec is better on serve and on the FH.

I would suggest demoing the Tec before buying but I've got 2 of them and really like them alot.

tymmh789
02-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Thanks a lot for the comparison. I'm planning on hitting with the 320 on monday for an hour to see how it plays. I really love the rebels because of the weight and the plow through but at the same time in a 3 set match my serve starts to suffer so the switch to a slightly lighter racquet may help.

sansaephanh
02-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Don't do it Tymmh!! We need Rebel users =D

PED
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks a lot for the comparison. I'm planning on hitting with the 320 on monday for an hour to see how it plays. I really love the rebels because of the weight and the plow through but at the same time in a 3 set match my serve starts to suffer so the switch to a slightly lighter racquet may help.

As I mentioned above, the TEC doesn't have quite the plow that the Reb has but there is enough difference in weight between the 2 that you can easily add more mass without it getting too heavy. I used one Rebel demo that was 360g, it punished the ball but just weighed too much for me.

The Tec offers really nice placement on serve because of all the tip speed.