PDA

View Full Version : Looking for demo suggestions - ~11.3oz racket

snoflewis
02-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, looking for some suggestions on rackets for my sister.
she's currently using a couple of pure storms (Carbon Xtreme) version, which will go up for sale shortly.
specs are 10.9oz, 309 SW...or something along those lines iirc

now looking for something with a bit more weight and more stability while not being too hefty, but with a good amount of power. not necessarily pure drive powerful...pretty much something that falls along these specs:
95-100 sq in
11.0-11.5oz
HL balance
SW < 330
stiffness < 70
16 main pattern

i've got the IG radical pro and the yonex 98D in mind so far. also thinking about the new pure drives, but kidna want to stay away from the stiffer rackets. Thanks in advance

mmk
02-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a Dunlop Bio 200 Lite fits the bill

snoflewis
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Sounds like a Dunlop Bio 200 Lite fits the bill

how is the power level on the 200 lite? my experience w/ dunlop rackets has been that they're good rackets, but lacking in pop. may consider the bio 300 tour maybe.

AverageJoe
02-11-2012, 12:23 AM
I would put the IG Radical MP on there as well even though it's 18x20. I preferred it to the pro. A little easier to swing and a bit more control. The Prestige S seems like it would also be a nice fit. Forgiving, nice feel, generous sweet spot and plenty of pop.

snoflewis
02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I would put the IG Radical MP on there as well even though it's 18x20. I preferred it to the pro. A little easier to swing and a bit more control. The Prestige S seems like it would also be a nice fit. Forgiving, nice feel, generous sweet spot and plenty of pop.

hmm...the reason i chose the radical pro over the mp is that my sister has a harder time generating spin, and i've been reading quite a bit of stuff on the ig radical pro. personally havent been the biggest radical fan over the years. i find the 11.2ish oz weight plus the 18x20 pattern to make them feel kinda boardy/hollow, if you know what i mean.

i was originally considering the prestige s as well, but the radical pro and the prestige s seem pretty similar in specs...will definitely reconsider the prestige s.

so far, got the v-core 98D, IG radical pro, IG prestige S, and dunlop bio 300 tour

snoflewis
02-11-2012, 12:50 AM
also looking at the exo3 rebel 98 and the blx blade pink (lol)

AverageJoe
02-11-2012, 01:04 AM
hmm...the reason i chose the radical pro over the mp is that my sister has a harder time generating spin, and i've been reading quite a bit of stuff on the ig radical pro. personally havent been the biggest radical fan over the years. i find the 11.2ish oz weight plus the 18x20 pattern to make them feel kinda boardy/hollow, if you know what i mean.

i was originally considering the prestige s as well, but the radical pro and the prestige s seem pretty similar in specs...will definitely reconsider the prestige s.

so far, got the v-core 98D, IG radical pro, IG prestige S, and dunlop bio 300 tour

Yah that definitely separates the two. The ball trajectory comes off much higher on the Pro from the open string pattern but with regard to generating spin I dont think it's all that much easier. I think spin is MUCH more related to the stroke. I couldnt generate anymore spin with the Pro than with the MP and I'm a 6.0

I would definitely give the S a shot. Pretty different feel and more pop. Good luck.

snoflewis
02-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Yah that definitely separates the two. The ball trajectory comes off much higher on the Pro from the open string pattern but with regard to generating spin I dont think it's all that much easier. I think spin is MUCH more related to the stroke. I couldnt generate anymore spin with the Pro than with the MP and I'm a 6.0

I would definitely give the S a shot. Pretty different feel and more pop. Good luck.

definitely agree with you there in terms of stroke and spin. coming from a pure storm though, it'll probably be a smoother transition to a radical pro than a radical mp. and the radical pro is a bit heavier so i think that'll benefit her more. we'll see. if it's an 18x20, it'll be the blx blade pink more if anything lol

thanks for the suggestions. appreciate it

Captain Tezuka
02-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Maybe try the Wilson Pro Staff BLX 95 or Yonex V Core 100 S for spin they should be around that range of specs. The Juice 100, and the Head IG Radical.

-Tezuka

vsdtrek
02-11-2012, 07:31 AM
The Becker London might be a nice option. Very nice all-around. I use the PB9 and am thinking of switching. Had the 98D and didn't like the firm feeling.

AverageJoe
02-11-2012, 08:36 AM
definitely agree with you there in terms of stroke and spin. coming from a pure storm though, it'll probably be a smoother transition to a radical pro than a radical mp. and the radical pro is a bit heavier so i think that'll benefit her more. we'll see. if it's an 18x20, it'll be the blx blade pink more if anything

Make sense. I would also agree the London might be a good demo.

rafafan20
02-11-2012, 08:56 AM
dunlop bio 400 tour