PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six One 93!!

RogerRacket111
02-11-2012, 12:04 PM
We have the SAP open at San Jose and the pros come over to my club to practice. Just notice Dimitrov playing the new BLX Pro Staff Six One. I was right behind him and I asked him if it was a 90 or a 95. He tell me its a 93. I asked where can I buy that. He tells me you can't!!

All us suckers buying these look alike rackets.

Here is a picture I snapped

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h335/rvidhun/DSC_9749.jpg

BTW Roddick is gonna play tonight. Who wants to be my friend :)

aimr75
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
It's already been posted in other threads he uses a 93.

RogerRacket111
02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
It's already been posted in other threads he uses a 93.

The point is not that he uses a 93. Its that there is a 93 that is not available for us general public. I tried the 95 and it was a dud. I'm sure the pro grade rackets a different breed but I didn't expect a different size. I'm not on the boards everyday so I might have missed it. Cheers!!

aimr75
02-11-2012, 01:10 PM
There are many racquets not available to the general public that pros have access to. Pt57a's, pt57e's, tgk's, h22's, h19's etc are not in your local store :)

FEDERERNADAL13
02-11-2012, 01:11 PM
What club are you at? That's awesome that you talked to Dimitrov! You should have asked for his racket ;)

stormholloway
02-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised they made a custom frame for such a low level player.

aimr75
02-11-2012, 01:36 PM
It's interesting though that he admitted its a 93 and not available to the public

RogerRacket111
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
What club are you at? That's awesome that you talked to Dimitrov! You should have asked for his racket ;)

Clubsport Fremont. I should have. Pro's leave a lot of stuff actually. One of them left the markers to paint their racket I found it. Might paint a smily face on my racket. I know it is available for purchase but I'm not a ****** to buy it.

RogerRacket111
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised they made a custom frame for such a low level player.

He is 80th best at something in the whole damn world. Probably #1 in his country. That is impressive.

stormholloway
02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Sure, that's impressive to you.

To make a custom mold for someone is still significant. I wonder how many players higher ranked than he have custom molds made for them. I'm guessing not many.

TheOneHander
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Rank alone does not determine whether or not someone gets a custom mold. Because of his perceived "Federerness", even though it's not entirely correct, and the fact that he's a rising junior with some potential, Wilson would probably be willing to shell out a bit more cash for him than another top 100 player.

RogerRacket111
02-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Rank alone does not determine whether or not someone gets a custom mold. Because of his perceived "Federerness", even though it's not entirely correct, and the fact that he's a rising junior with some potential, Wilson would probably be willing to shell out a bit more cash for him than another top 100 player.

True I see these guys come every year and they are no names and soon they are big names. I have seen Del Po when he was no one in my club. Talking of Fed thats what I was thinking watching him play today the Forehand is very similar. Saw Raonic last year before he won his first title and he was no one. Potential is very important than their current rankings.

Bartelby
02-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Its the post-Federer stick. To be released upon retirement.

stormholloway
02-11-2012, 04:14 PM

I do realize this--not totally dense. I'm just saying it's... a bit odd.

Its the post-Federer stick. To be released upon retirement.

This may not actually be that far from the truth. They may try and broaden the appeal of the box beams a bit.

Frankly I don't see the need for 3 inches.

FEDERERNADAL13
02-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Clubsport Fremont. I should have. Pro's leave a lot of stuff actually. One of them left the markers to paint their racket I found it. Might paint a smily face on my racket. I know it is available for purchase but I'm not a ****** to buy it.

That's awesome! That's sick that they play at your club! :)

corners
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
One thing doesn't make sense about the Grigor PS 93: He used the Prestige mid for many years before signing with Wilson. Prestige mid is a 93, so it does make sense that they would build him a 93 as part of their effort to get him to sign. But wait! The Prestige mid is actually an 89 square-inch head - Head measures differently than Wilson and the ither manufacturers. So if he's used to playing with an 89, why make him a 93?

Is it possible that Wilson told him they made him a frame with the same headsize as his Prestige, he knows the Prestige is a 93, and so he tells people his Wilson is a 93?

If so, the he's probably playing some version of the Tour 90.

ZeroSkid
02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
One thing doesn't make sense about the Grigor PS 93: He used the Prestige mid for many years before signing with Wilson. Prestige mid is a 93, so it does make sense that they would build him a 93 as part of their effort to get him to sign. But wait! The Prestige mid is actually an 89 square-inch head - Head measures differently than Wilson and the ither manufacturers. So if he's used to playing with an 89, why make him a 93?

Is it possible that Wilson told him they made him a frame with the same headsize as his Prestige, he knows the Prestige is a 93, and so he tells people his Wilson is a 93?

If so, the he's probably playing some version of the Tour 90.

that's because the prestige is actually 93, they just feel smaller because of the shape of the head, my friend had a prestige mid, and he measure it to be 94.

stormholloway
02-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I think it's been pretty well documented that the Prestige mid is 90 inches. They just measure it differently than Wilson.

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-12-2012, 12:58 AM

Lucky you, it's a very very nice gym/fitness club.

Adidas_Anderson
02-12-2012, 05:35 AM
if its 93,is that a prestige mid mold :/?

SFrazeur
02-12-2012, 08:44 AM
The Prestige Mid size is not actually 93"but 89.5" If you look at the older pre-prestige name predecessors (TXP I think) they are labeled 89.5." Yet they are the same headsize as modern prestige mids. New grommets/caps fit these older models perfectly.

At some point HEAD decided to label the mids as 93." This was probably for marketing purposes of some sort.

-SF

ZeroSkid
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
The Prestige Mid size is not actually 93"but 89.5" If you look at the older pre-prestige name predecessors (TXP I think) they are labeled 89.5." Yet they are the same headsize as modern prestige mids. New grommets/caps fit these older models perfectly.

At some point HEAD decided to label the mids as 93." This was probably for marketing purposes of some sort.

-SF

hey I was wondering if you could tell me what type of game you have and why you use the Pure Drive Roddick, I'm trying to decide between that, the AeroPro Drive and Six one 95

SFrazeur
02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
hey I was wondering if you could tell me what type of game you have and why you use the Pure Drive Roddick, I'm trying to decide between that, the AeroPro Drive and Six one 95

Attacking style game. Semi-Western Forehand, between eastern and semi-western, one-handed Backhand. My PDR GTs are leaded up to mimic 6.1 specs, about 9 points Head Light and 12.5 oz. I use them due to their forgiveness, spin, power and stability. Probably in that order. Although, I could probably use just about any 100inch racquet and customize it with lead and be happy. Next time I get new racquets I'm going to experiment with 27.5 inch PDRs.

-SF

corners
02-13-2012, 08:30 AM
if its 93,is that a prestige mid mold :/?

No, it looks like a Wilson box beam (Pro Staff, Tour 90) mold.