PDA

View Full Version : Help with buying machine, PLEASE!

katarddx
04-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I am new to stringing, but that is why I need your help...I want to buy machine to string for myself which would be not more then 5-6 racquets a month. Being unemployed means money is a issue.
also, i have read your comments on Eagnas, that they are pretty much just a junk...I was considering buying Eagnas EAG-300, because of the price-$350. Also, my other choices(price wise) are Eagnas EAG-350, 700LE, Flex920. Please consider the ammount or racquets i will be striniging and my experience(almost nothing-1 racquet so far) and help me with the choice. Will EAG-300 work for me if I string about 4-5 racquets a month? Also shoud I maybe go with drop weights or Tension pull?
thanks a lot, every help is highly appreciated!!!

borisboris
04-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Get a cheap Drop Weight on **** and work w/ it until employed and sell it for the same amount you purchased it for and then you'll understand and appreciate what you really need in your next stringer and be able to afford it.

Gaines Hillix
04-30-2004, 01:57 PM
The only Eagnas machines that get positive comments on here are the ones in the Flex model group. I have to agree with boris here. Get your feet wet with an inexpensive drop weight(ATS SS II or SP Swing or even a Klippermate). You can resell it for most of what you paid for it when you decide to upgrade or quit stringing/