PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape on Handle Placement

srvnvly
02-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm sure there are multiple threads, but I couldn't find one with a simple exact answer: Where on the handle should you place lead tape? I use an overgrip, so do I place it on top of the grip, risking making for a bulky handle, or do I take the grip off and place the lead tape there? or what? I appreciate any help you can give-

Larrysümmers
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
i take the grip off, and put the lead on the handle. then i wrap the grip over then the og.i personally cant feel it, and i doudt you really are unless you use a massive amount. but ive used 3 of lead before and it didnt make it any bulkier.

Xizel
02-11-2012, 04:25 PM
7" from buttcap. You may be interested in the concept of MgR/I.

ben123
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
7" from buttcap. You may be interested in the concept of MgR/I.

i dont know one good tennis player who knows something about "MgR/I". the pros dont know it either i think. strangely its only famous here on this forum.

the trend of the pros goes to less headlight minimum static weight but big swingweight racquets. and thats a trend really not going to the "MgR/I" theory. i looked travlerajam up and i came to the conclusion that he tried to defend his theory with everything he could. when things didnt went good he began to push it to the wristbands players are using blabla...

in the end there are many pros with many different specs out there. i dont take this "MgR/I" too seriously... and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. better go out and concentrate on your tennis

lgbalfa
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
how about putting it inside the handle?

if you have a trap door then it should be easy.

Xizel
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
i dont know one good tennis player who knows something about "MgR/I". the pros dont know it either i think. strangely its only famous here on this forum.

the trend of the pros goes to less headlight minimum static weight but big swingweight racquets. and thats a trend really not going to the "MgR/I" theory. i looked travlerajam up and i came to the conclusion that he tried to defend his theory with everything he could. when things didnt went good he began to push it to the wristbands players are using blabla...

in the end there are many pros with many different specs out there. i dont take this "MgR/I" too seriously... and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. better go out and concentrate on your tennis

I find it interesting that popular sticks in the 12 oz neighborhood like the 6.1 90 and Prestige Mid when plugged into the formula comes out with the targeted number of 21. The concept is most likely flawed, but it is interesting and possibly worth an experiment.

travlerajm
02-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Double post

travlerajm
02-14-2012, 01:48 AM
MgR/I is just a way to apply the laws of physics to tune your racquet so that it comes around at the right speed, giving you a longer linear hitting zone for optimum control and better immunity to timing errors.

The consistency of my game improved tremendously once I figured out how to use the MgR/I concentp to tune my racquets. It allows me to maintain perfect timing on groundstrokes while enjoying the advantages of a much higher swingweight.

Here are three threads where I posted interesting correlations between pro racquet specs and performance, and answer many questions on the MgR/I concept:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=387620&highlight=mgr%2Fi

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=387805&highlight=mgr%2Fi

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=390065&highlight=mgr%2Fi