PDA

View Full Version : Love the IG Prestige Pro! Is it similar to the regular YT Prestige Pro?

edman9898
02-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I demoed the IG Youtek Prestige Pro and LOVED IT! I have demoed at least 20 racquets over the last 6 months and I believe this is the one. My only complaint is the price tag (I like to buy used racquets for $90 or less)! Does the regular YT Prestige Pro play like the IG version? I know I can find some of those cheaper.

So my question is: Can anyone compare the two versions? Thanks!

Fuji
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
No experience from me personally, but from what I've heard from people at my club is that the IG is a lot softer then the old YTK Prestige Pro. The YTKPP was really, really harsh I found, and I guess the IG helped it out a lot.

YMMV though! :)

-Fuji

snoflewis
02-12-2012, 12:01 AM
i hope not. i was looking to demo the ig prestige pro. wasnt too big a fan of the previous version. it's a good racket that's not lacking or great in any particular aspect. just a racket that's good in all areas.

edman9898
02-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Anyone else hit both versions?

movdqa
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I've hit with the YTPMP and the IGPMP (20 minutes today). There's considerable difference in the feel.

BTW, my comments just echo what others have found too. Look at the YT Prestige vs IG Prestige review started by VSBabolat.

edman9898
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
^^^ He only reviews the mid and mp. I am asking about the Pro version. Thanks for your reply though! It seems as though the main difference is in feel.

movdqa
02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
VSBabolat's specs are close to mine, about 370 grams. My YTPMPs are 376 grams, 361 SW. The IGPMPs are 376 grams, 386 SW. Easily much heavier than stock Prestige Pros. The consistent difference between YT and IG, though, is the feel.

atatu
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
I've hit both...I like the IG better as it feels a bit softer to me. As I stated in another post, that could be due to string as my IG is strung with Technifibre NRG2 and the YTPP is a hybrid. Anyway, I was worried that the new IG would feel a lot heavier than the YT, but that fear has been unfounded. Is it worth the extra $$ ? That's up to you, but the IG is a sweet frame.

Bartelby
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Given the changes people make to their racquets, the feel is about the only thing they may be able to review.

mromato64
02-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I've hit with the YT prestige pro and I thought it was a decent stick. All my shots were alright but felt like it was lacking the heft to hit a deep, heavy ball. I just demoed the IG version and it feels way more solid than the previous version. It doesn't have that stiff feeling as the YT and my groundstrokes were considerably better with the IG.

iceman_dl6
02-13-2012, 04:48 AM
The new IG Prestige Pro is better vs the previous one due to the better plowthrough and comfortable feel. This is especially magnified when I hit against hard hitters.