PDA

View Full Version : Pro kennex tour black ace 98 325?

borgpro
02-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Does anyone has experience with this racket?
what is the difference -apart from a different paint job- between the two versions listed on TW Europe or are the the same?
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/catpage-PROKERAC.html

Gee
02-12-2012, 04:30 AM
I noticed that black/silver BA325 as well. As I use to play with the BA98 I am also very interested in this version.

I already asked TW Europe questions on this BA325. See this thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=408359). Unfortunately he still didn't mention the specifications on the TW Europe website but I guess it is only a paint job update. From the pictures it seems like a matte paint.

You might add a post to that thread. Maybe TW Europe 'll take action when they receive more requests on the PK BA325.

borgpro
02-12-2012, 04:48 AM
You might add a post to that thread. Maybe TW Europe 'll take action when they receive more requests on the PK BA325.

Thanks; and I just did. Might indeed be a very interesting stick!

borgpro
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Anybody played with it?

JGads
02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I hit with the previous Paintjob of that stick. Wasn't impressed. It wasn't a bad racquet, it just didnt have the same beautiful all-graphite, no-frills, full lush feel of these heritage Black Aces we've had now for awhile. This stick just felt kind of like a Youtek Prestige MP, which to me was a pretty ordinary stick that didn't have anything special about it and felt a little brassy.

Now, the stick I'm really clamoring for is the Pro Kennex Q Tour, which appears to be a hybrid of sorts of a Black Ace and a 5G/7G. Do a search for it to find that thread.

Tahsin1982
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Anyone tried this yet? I am planning to order this damn the paintjob is sick!

Agent Orynge
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
See what I mean, JGads? It's a shame that people are more preoccupied with paint jobs when there's already an awesome stick right under their noses.

JGads
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Tahsin, AO is right: that 325 Paintjob is epic, but the Ace 98 and 93 sold here on TW both play and feel 10 times better than that one.

Tahsin1982
02-25-2012, 03:34 AM
Tahsin, AO is right: that 325 Paintjob is epic, but the Ace 98 and 93 sold here on TW both play and feel 10 times better than that one.

lol i agree I am a sucker for paint jobs but I actually I have a BA 98 the one TW sells was very happy with it until my pallet broke which I had to use super glue to fix it and it still plays great. Just curious to try the euro version see how it plays. Did you get to hit with it yet? :D

Gee
02-25-2012, 03:56 AM
lol i agree I am a sucker for paint jobs but I actually I have a BA 98 the one TW sells was very happy with it until my pallet broke which I had to use super glue to fix it and it still plays great. Just curious to try the euro version see how it plays. Did you get to hit with it yet? :D
I also use to play with BA98 (2009 version) and I demoed the PK BA98 325 (the yellow one) once. I was really disappointed about the metallic feel (though the demo was strung with a thicker string than I am used to).

When TW Europe released the new BA98 325 (black/silver one) I was the first person who mailed TW Europe because the specs weren't published yet. Since they updated the specs data on their website I really guess this BA version is only a paintjob update of its yellow predecessor.

BTW You might replace the PK grip pallets with Head or Volkl pallets like I did recently. I wrote about that into this thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=413050).

JGads
02-25-2012, 08:42 AM

I think it's just an updated paintjob of the same frame I tried and wrote about earlier in the thread, the 325 that I thought was basically 'not bad, but nothing special.'

Agent Orynge
02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
I still need to get my hands on a BA98 295. My American model is pushing 12.4 ounces after adding a leather grip, overgrip, dampener, and just 4 grams of lead tape at 3 and 9 o' clock for some needed stability.

Tahsin1982
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I also use to play with BA98 (2009 version) and I demoed the PK BA98 325 (the yellow one) once. I was really disappointed about the metallic feel (though the demo was strung with a thicker string than I am used to).

When TW Europe released the new BA98 325 (black/silver one) I was the first person who mailed TW Europe because the specs weren't published yet. Since they updated the specs data on their website I really guess this BA version is only a paintjob update of its yellow predecessor.

BTW You might replace the PK grip pallets with Head or Volkl pallets like I did recently. I wrote about that into this thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=413050).

Is the metallic feel similar to any rackets like head prestige etc? I have a You Tek prestige 98 and I like that racket also a lot but for some reason I find it more demanding than the BA 98 but the irritating thing is I like the sweetspot and pop more on the prestige more than the BA.

So I am kinda hoping maybe the ba325 will be a hybrid of both :D.

Thanks for the pallet info Ill look into it.

Cheers

JGads
02-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Is the metallic feel similar to any rackets like head prestige etc? I have a You Tek prestige 98 and I like that racket also a lot but for some reason I find it more demanding than the BA 98 but the irritating thing is I like the sweetspot and pop more on the prestige more than the BA.

Cheers

To me the 325 felt more like the Youtek Prestige MP more than any other stick I can think of, feel and performance wise. So, if you like the YT Prestige, then you might like the 325. I didn't find anything too stellar in the 325 and just knew right off the bat I preferred the "US" Black Ace so I didn't bother to tinker with lead and string setups and such; who knows, maybe there's something there. But feel-wise, I feel pretty strongly that the version sold here at TW is the much better stick....

I'm hoping the new Q Tour that's coming out sometime in the near future retains that feel on impact instead of the Euro 325 version. We'll see.

Gee
02-26-2012, 01:33 AM

Cheers
I don't know why but the feel of the BA325 was totally different. I didn't experience that typical PK nice soft feel like with the BA98 and Redondo MP.

You might add lead at 3 and 9 to widen the sweetspot a bit and increase the power potential of the BA98. I would try that first.

scotus
02-26-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm hoping the new Q Tour that's coming out sometime in the near future retains that feel on impact instead of the Euro 325 version. We'll see.

I am afraid the Q Tour would be this exact Euro 325 version + Kinetic System.