PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a poly setup on a POG O/S

Carolina Racquet
02-12-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm getting my first POG O/S next week and I'm interested in a good setup for a poly string and what tension I should start with.

I currently play with the Warrior O/S using Cyclone at 58#. I play an aggressive all-court game.

Strings I have in stock:

Big Hitter Blue
Big Hitter Blue Rough
Isospeed Baseline 16L
Volkl Cyclone 17

Thanks for any suggestions.
Carolina

ccelis
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I know it is not one you have listed, but a friend, really like Solinco Tour Bite in the POG Os, and he has tried may of the best poly's including BHB.

DonBot
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah I agree with Carlos, Solinco Tour Bite was really awesome...Probably my favorite so far... tons of spin and really great grip with the string bed. It stays playable for a long time too. I think the only downside is when it is freshly strung it absolutley destroys your tennis balls. If you are playing in a tournament I could see someone looking at the fuzz on your string bed then looking at the balls and giving you a piece of their mind.

I have also tried a full bed of WeisCannon Silver String and that was really awesome too. I think the 16l would be my go to if I didn't like the Solinco Tour Bite as well as I do.

Here are the ones I would avoid... Tourna Big Hitter Blue and Big Hitter Blue Rough were mediocre in this frame. I think Pro Hurricane tour even at 64 lbs was way too powerful. It has nice touch on volleys, lobs, and drop shots, but you really have to be careful not to send the ball sailing. RPM blast was a great string too, I just wished the playability didn't drop off as quickly as it did. I really felt like I was due for a new set of strings afte four hours. I also have tried hyrbids with xp beast and gut and also PHT and gut. The Beast hybrids had really great feel but I broke them at around 6-8 hours; however, the playability stayed up there the whole time.

As for the fully poly beds I would really suggest Solinco Tour Bite in the low 60s or Weiscannon in the low 60s. Just a word of warning they are really stiff right out of the gate but they end up settling into a very nice and playable tension after about a half hour or so of hitting.

Carlos- I really want to give you a set of the Tour Bite and see how much spin you can generate with it. I think it will be down right silly.