PDA

View Full Version : Got tired and......Tie offs

roperteacher
02-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Got tired stringing my Prince Tours last night and I tied off my mains 2 holes lower in the " Cross" tie off holes. I realized it when I went to tie of my crosses. SO I just tied off the crosses in the Main tie off hole. Didn't seem to make a difference and I would hate to have to cut out perfrctly good strings . Just wondering if it has any effect on playability or racket damage?Thanks!:mad:

Irvin
02-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Which Prince tours is that? Should not make a difference though so no matter.

roperteacher
02-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I have the EXo3 Tour Lites. I have strung them and many other rackets a million times... I almost laughed when I saw what I had done!
Thanks for the help!

cap.phillips
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I did the exact same thing a while back stringing my EX03 Hybrid. In a hurry and I tied off the mains in the cross tie-off grommets. I did what you did and tied off the bottom cross in a main tie-off. I didn't notice any difference in playability. I certainly wouldn't cut the string back out before playing with it at least once to try it out.

Irvin
02-13-2012, 02:52 AM
I have the EXo3 Tour Lites. I have strung them and many other rackets a million times... I almost laughed when I saw what I had done!
Thanks for the help!

Because your tie off now (6T) is farther away from the last main (10T) there is going to be less tension on your outside mains because of more drawback, but I doubt you could feel it. Your outside main strings will move easier though. As far as the bottom cross goes there is little or no difference.

It is just better to tie off with the least amount of string on the outside of the frame.

coachrick
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Got tired stringing my Prince Tours last night and I tied off my mains 2 holes lower in the " Cross" tie off holes

Coulda been lots worse! At least you remembered to TIE the knots. I've seen a clamp released on the wrong string a time or two in my day. :)

cknobman
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Coulda been lots worse! At least you remembered to TIE the knots. I've seen a clamp released on the wrong string a time or two in my day. :)

lol happened to me just the other day. Strung my first 4 mains, got in a hurry and accidentally release the wrong clamp.