PDA

View Full Version : Question for Granville: Good baseline set-up for a Wilson KSix-One 95 18x20?

Murrayalmagrofan
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm a 4.0 player who's used a Head Microgel Radical Pro weighted to 12.2oz for the last year. I just bought a K6.1 95 18x20 from TW last week and ordered it with a set of Luxilon BB Alu power 16L strings @ 57lbs. This set-up worked well with the radical pro, but that has a 100sq in head, so I'm not sure how it will work with the Wilson.

I've seen that this has been your racquet of choice for a few years. What's a good baseline set-up to try? (e.g. tension, add lead tape to the head, switch to a leather grip, etc)

Thanks in advance!

twbuyer
02-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Greetings -
Guessing your 6.1 strung up a bit tighter due to the smaller head size? I've recently dropped my string tension considerably due to tennis elbow pain.
I'd suggest dropping your tension to 50 pounds and see what happens.
Prior to my elbow issues I thought I had found nervana - Klip V-Fuse w/ gut crosses at 55 and Cyclone poly crosses 52.
My elbow issues are from overuse in 2011 - have just restrung a Prestige S with Wilson Kai's Choice - gut mains at 50, poly crosses at 47. I like it, does not have the "pocketing" I found the with the previous set-up but easier on the arm - a bit more power.
Hope this helps - your weighted up Radical must have been very flexible/whippy - apples and oranges to a 6.1 - good luck!

Murrayalmagrofan
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Many thanks Grant. I'll get the racquet re-strung at a lower tension (w/ Lux BB) and then start playing with different strings.