PDA

View Full Version : New Racket?

thienzsch
02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
HI Guys,

I,m currently using a Wilson KSix.One 95 16x18. Mostly I'm happy with it but one big problem for me is that I mishit my 1HB way to much, so I probably need a Racket that has a bigger Headsize but otherwise plays the same.

Do you Guys have any tips???

Andyroo10567
02-13-2012, 12:24 PM
There's a Prince CTS Synergy 28 MidPlus that has almost the same specs as the K6.1 95 all thanks to Tennis-Warehouses "Racquet Finder". I doubt you would be able to find a prince though :(. IMO, the Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour with some lead on 12 o'clock is pretty similar i guess. Demoing racquets also helps.

thienzsch
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
I will try that one!!

Any other ideas

djnemo
02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I have a CTS synergy 28 in my closet if you want to try it, great racquet, nice old school feel :)

thug the bunny
02-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Just something to consider before you throw away your 95 - one of the benefits of a smaller players frame (besides the satisfaction of the solid feel on contact) is that they 'force' you to adopt good form and especially good ball focus. You are experiencing the feedback these sticks are supposed to give. Instead of using equipment that allows you to play sloppy, work and elevate your game? I would say throttle back on the 1HBH until you can hit it cleanly with consistency, and then start to add some juice. It will probably take some time though. Just my .02..

subz
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I will try that one!!

Any other ideas

yeah, instead of focusing on a new racquet, spend money on getting more practice hours. There is no grantee you won't miss hit with a bigger head size,

thienzsch
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry but I didn't post this to get sarcastic and stupid answers. So could only the people answer who are wanting to help me.

aimr75
02-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry but I didn't post this to get sarcastic and stupid answers. So could only the people answer who are wanting to help me.

i think subz was trying to help you. Youre not going to get that much more margin if you up it to a 98 or 100. Its likely you may still frame the ball.

BlakeAF
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I would give the BLX Juice Pro a shot. I know it is not much bigger of a head, but it is solid and I hit it much better than I hit the 6.1 95. If you have to go up to the 100 sq in heads you could try the new 100 sq in pro staff. I don't think it will be what you are looking for, but you never know.

All I can recommend trying is the Juice Pro or 100 sq in pro staff. After this you can try some more standard tweeners, the BLX Pro Open is a solid stick, or start dabbling in some Head frames. Might as well try them all at 100 sq in to see what feels right.

rafafan20
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
In my opinion the Juice Pro would be way too overpowered compared to your current racket w/o improving headsize. I might try the Dunlop bio 200 plus or the bio 400 tour. Another good one to look at would be the new prince rebel 98

thug the bunny
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM

Just something to consider before you throw away your 95 - one of the benefits of a smaller players frame (besides the satisfaction of the solid feel on contact) is that they 'force' you to adopt good form and especially good ball focus. You are experiencing the feedback these sticks are supposed to give. Instead of using equipment that allows you to play sloppy, work and elevate your game? I would say throttle back on the 1HBH until you can hit it cleanly with consistency, and then start to add some juice. It will probably take some time though.

Was mine sarcastic or stupid, or both?

Well, if you are hell bent on using equipment to correct your mishits, here's the Babolat Y 118:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-Y118.html

thienzsch
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Was mine sarcastic or stupid, or both?

Well, if you are hell bent on using equipment to correct your mishits, here's the Babolat Y 118:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-Y118.html

Actually you were the one that I never meant to critcise

ricki
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
definitely try to get Prince Ignite Team, nice round head shape.

MAX PLY
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think it's a racquet issue, if your are shanking backhands, you are doing something incorrectly--take the $150 you would spend on a new stick and buy a few sessions with a local pro. You will realize a much more significant improvement than a new racquet can give you.