PDA

View Full Version : Why Federer will not win USO 2005!

TwistServe
07-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Instant replay! aka shotspot

Federer has publicly made statements against the instant replay rule. If the USO does employ this new feature, Federer will lose his edge at bullying the linesmen, umpire, and in general, he'll lose more points than he would have gained when he's balls are called out.. This is why Federer has been so against the instant replay rule.

Hewitt will simply say.. "Instant replay it mate!"... and Federer in his headband will have to replay the point of which he'll eventually lose!

I predict federer out by semis.. anyone want a wager?

Muse
07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the only reason Federer is opposed to instant replay is that it's a change in the game that he's currently dominating. He just doesn't want anything to change, however I dont think he'll be any less dominating now that it's in effect.

Will I make a wager? Put my money where my mouth is? Nope:D

I'll leave that to Rickson.

Marius_Hancu
07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Fed is not bullying anyone. It's simply not his style.
He's for the traditional game.
That's it.

Remember that Cyclops haven't eliminated errors and complaints at Wimbledon.

ymtmac
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
It's always easier when you bet against someone. Twist, why not name one player who you believe will go further than Roger? It should then make a fairer bet.

GRANITECHIEF
07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Fed seems to be one of the fairest and most accurate line callers out there. Whenever a close ball is called in/out and he looks at the umpire in disagreement, he is almost always right when confirmed by shotspot/hawkeye.

Dr.Lobster
07-21-2005, 04:53 PM
i don't think i've ever seen federer bully around any officials, well he did talk to them during wimbeldon 04 and rolland garros 05 about it being too dark

Rickson
07-21-2005, 05:09 PM

Federer has publicly made statements against the instant replay rule. If the USO does employ this new feature, Federer will lose his edge at bullying the linesmen, umpire, and in general, he'll lose more points than he would have gained when he's balls are called out.. This is why Federer has been so against the instant replay rule.

Hewitt will simply say.. "Instant replay it mate!"... and Federer in his headband will have to replay the point of which he'll eventually lose!

You got it, TS! Your PD for 3 sets of gut. Are we on?

erik-the-red
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Didn't Twistserve make this same prediction for Wimbledon?

ATXtennisaddict
07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
TS loves drama he creates here.

ucd_ace
07-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not a Federer lover but I don't think that he tries to bully the linesmen either... even it he did, I don't think that's where he gets his edge. I think he gets it from being better than everyone else. He might not win it because there's always randomness to a tennis tournament, but it won't be because of instant replay. It might effect a player like Roddick though who likes to stare down linesmen all the time.

hoosierbr
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
There are plenty of players who are against the instant replay rule, not just Federer. The USTA will test how well it works during the US Open series before making a decision about the Open itself.

As for Hewitt, if he asks for a replay and loses the point anyway then that'll give him just another reason to bully linesman, umpires, etc. How much you want to wager he'll accuse someone of not reading the replay accurately or the camera getting it wrong? I can hear the word "poof" ready to burst out of his mouth.

Finally, as for Federer and winning the Open again, I think he won it last year when he beat Agassi in the Quarters. Forget Henman and Hewitt. That was the real final. But New York is still not a place where Federer, like Stefan Edberg before him, feels all that comfortable because of his personality. The noise, the planes flying overhead. I doubt Roger will dominate Flushing Meadows the way he has Wimbledon.

Andy Hewitt
07-21-2005, 06:15 PM

i truly believe your a ignorant fool who has no experience playing tennis. i have played for years. from personal experience i know instant reply will ruin the game for everyone. we will see new types of whining about the shots going out. play will be stopped to figure it out. the linesmen are part of the game. just think about it how many shots really are not called right 2 maybe 3 shots. so next time you want to mouth off against the best player of the world do some research. Federer usually wins by more than just 3 or 4 points.

andfor
07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
I can't believe anyone engages this bait. Including me!

Rickson
07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
i truly believe your a ignorant fool who has no experience playing tennis. i have played for years. from personal experience i know instant reply will ruin the game for everyone. we will see new types of whining about the shots going out. play will be stopped to figure it out. the linesmen are part of the game. just think about it how many shots really are not called right 2 maybe 3 shots. so next time you want to mouth off against the best player of the world do some research. Federer usually wins by more than just 3 or 4 points.
Andy, Andy, relax. TwistServe has a right to his opinion and besides that, I win bets with his wrong predictions. TwistServe is my boy even though we don't agree about Federer's talent.

arosen
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
You guys better hope Fed has his feet ready to go. He already pulled out of Canada and who knows where next.

MegacedU
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM

Couldn't agree more Twisty.

TwistServe
07-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Couldn't agree more Twisty.

Please meg, call me TS :)

Nyl
07-21-2005, 10:32 PM
it's better for tennis not having instant replay. I'm sure serena wont like it coz she will lose one potential excuse for her loses. Line Calls are where the drama of tennis come from. I bet J.Mac/J.conners wouldnt be as famous if they had the instant replay.

Hewitt rulez
07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I don't think Federer doesn't bully linesman, but I do think that at times he get to upset about a call and I have seen him mess up more calls than not.

devila
07-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Cincinnati '03- Scott Draper lost a match point when a bad line call helped Federer in the 3rd set tiebreak.

Indian Wells '04- Agassi couldn't get a break after a bad call benefitted Federer.

Miami '05- Nadal got robbed by a bad line call when he had a break point. He lost his serve and the 2 set and break lead.

Federer sat down in the Halle match. He admitted that he could've lost the match, but
Soderling double faulted.
Federer barely saved match points vs. Ferrero and he escaped 4 other matches.
That's not "domination."

Hewitt rulez
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Cincinnati '03- Scott Draper lost a match point when a bad line call helped Federer in the 3rd set tiebreak.

Indian Wells '04- Agassi couldn't get a break after a bad call benefitted Federer.

Miami '05- Nadal got robbed by a bad line call when he had a break point. He lost his serve and the 2 set and break lead.

Federer sat down in the Halle match. He admitted that he could've lost the match, but
Soderling double faulted.
Federer barely saved match points vs. Ferrero and he escaped 4 other matches.
That's not "domination."
And he's only won one slam when at the beginning of the year everyone thought he would win the Grand Slam.

devila
07-22-2005, 12:12 AM
He won because all the other players aren't trained properly, lack fitness and
have less skills than grass players from 15 years ago.

Noelle
07-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Dammit Twist, now you've gone and jinxed it.

Federer will win the whole thing now just to prove you wrong. After all, he does read these forums. ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=52214
http://photobucket.com/albums/v602/noelledeg/talktennis.jpg

TennisD
07-22-2005, 02:40 AM
And he's only won one slam when at the beginning of the year everyone thought he would win the Grand Slam.
Yeah, he's number one in the world by about 60,000,000,000 points, he has two Grand Slam semis and a win, and several titles so far this year. Geez, he's really in a slump :rolleyes:

federerhoogenbandfan
07-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I hope he wins the U.S open, but I really dont believe he will. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it happening.

counterpunch
07-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I dont know why Federer wouldnt win the US open. Who do you think is going to beat him, after all, whens the last time he lost to a relative unknown? Against roddick his chances on hard are about 80/20, against hewitt 95/5, Nadal 90/10, Safin 80/20. Considering he will only have to play maybe 2 of those players, his odds are extremely good. And i really enjoyed that post about why fed wont win because of the "noise" and planes flying over.

Andy Hewitt
07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Andy, Andy, relax. TwistServe has a right to his opinion and besides that, I win bets with his wrong predictions. TwistServe is my boy even though we don't agree about Federer's talent.
Lol i let my tennis partner do some posting and this was one of them.

RiosTheGenius
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM

yeah, I think Federer is extremely worried about that...........
terrible thread.

doriancito
07-22-2005, 11:57 AM
federer will go to the USO with so much confidence that eventually he will become superior to the linesmen and make the linesmen inferior so they will be very nervous and try to do their best so roger will try to not play to much to their limits and thatbwhy he will lose.

scotus
07-22-2005, 11:58 AM
What kind of instant reply rule did the US Open adopt?

I thought each player would be permitted to contest just one or two calls, no?

Aykhan Mammadov
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Fed is going to win USO.

He is very restarined player.

devila
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Your Fed God's not intellectually superior to anyone else.
You should be happy that he wins the overrated contest.
It's obvious that his physical agility and endurance make tennis much easier for him.

People buy the hype even though he's not admirable like Laver and Borg.
They had pleasant personalities and success even though they lacked much power.
Sampras was as arrogant as Federer. But Sampras suffered from physical weakness and illness, and knew how to win.

It's so much better when we don't hear Federer's conceited comments such as, "I hope everyone else plays poorly."

gts072
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM

Yeah, how bout $5K? Put your money where your mouth is! Federer is an overwhelming favorite to win the USO. You gotta lay down $1.75 to win $1.

FedererUberAlles
07-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Twist, you are hilarious. Goodluck on the wager!

Yours!05
07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
It's obvious that his physical agility and endurance make tennis much easier for him.
Sampras was as arrogant as Federer. But Sampras suffered from physical weakness and illness, and knew how to win.Laver "lacked much power?" How much?
"Pleasant personality" - Bjorn Borg?

Hewitt rulez
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah, he's number one in the world by about 60,000,000,000 points, he has two Grand Slam semis and a win, and several titles so far this year. Geez, he's really in a slump :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying he's in a slump. I was commenting on how he's won a slam. Thats something Roddick and Hewitt haven't done this year.

TwistServe
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
damnit no instant replay at the USO.. apparently federer has a great "influence" with the committee..

The tennis guy
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Sampras was as arrogant as Federer. But Sampras suffered from physical weakness and illness, and knew how to win.

It's so much better when we don't hear Federer's conceited comments such as, "I hope everyone else plays poorly."
delusional

AJK1
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Twisty!! Beautiful