PDA

View Full Version : battle of 2012 by 3.5 female: babolat PD, PS 6.1 100, Prestige S, Pricne warrior

Pro_Tour_630
02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
well a 3.5 student on mine wants to change racquets from her Kzen to one of these 2012 frames: Pure Drive, wilson PS 6.1 100, Head prestige S, prince warrior.

The PS 6.1 100 was very maneuverable, she could not hit deep. It was great at net, did not have pop on serve.

The Head prestige S was a little heavy and average on every shot. The head size was smaller than what she is used to. she was mishitting a little

The prince warrior (non team) was heavy and had great pop on serves, she would have liked it had it not been heavy, I wish we demoed the team, she might have liked it better.

And finally her pick was the babolat pure drive, it was a wow factor right out of the box, she could hit every shot with ease. She chose the PD. It swung lighter than the GT because of the perforated bumper. almost similar to a PD lite.

Anyway, if there are other frames other than the warrior team that you suggest let us know.

thanks

RoughOG
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Maybe a Radical S or Instinct or maybe the 2012 Blx Pro Open

Pro_Tour_630
02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
good recommendation we thought of the radical S, not sure about the instinct though, she did like the rectangle grip shape on the head so a radical S might be a good demo.

esgee48
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
YT IG Instinct matches up spec wise with the Pure Drive. Also the Dunlop 500 Tours. Just a suggestion!

LeeD
02-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Lots of PD hitters like the Dunlop500's, Tour; for 11 oz, regular an oz lighter.

Pro_Tour_630
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
lots of sticks match up spec wise but sometimes the composition/lay up is different which throws things off.

klementine79
02-13-2012, 07:02 PM
The BLX ProOpen 1st gen is great. I'm hearing good things about the Rebel98 and the Donnay Formula100 seems intriguing.

The PD always wins out for 'ease of swing' and is comfortable with western, eastern and continental grips. I doubt, for her level, that you will find anything more accommodating.

Pro_Tour_630
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
The BLX ProOpen 1st gen is great. I'm hearing good things about the Rebel98 and the Donnay Formula100 seems intriguing.

The PD always wins out for 'ease of swing' and is comfortable with western, eastern and continental grips. I doubt, for her level, that you will find anything more accommodating.

the blx pro open 1st are hard to find and she wants a new 2012 to show off in front of her friends, the rebel and the donnay are a bit heavy for her since she said the prestige S and the warrior were heavy for her.

you are correct not sure if there is anything out there that has a wow factor right out of the box than the PD, almost anyone can play with it. it is very universal.

sansaephanh
02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
the blx pro open 1st are hard to find and she wants a new 2012 to show off in front of her friends, the rebel and the donnay are a bit heavy for her since she said the prestige S and the warrior were heavy for her.

you are correct not sure if there is anything out there that has a wow factor right out of the box than the PD, almost anyone can play with it. it is very universal.

I applaud you for your and her honesty.

I LOL as well.

Pro_Tour_630
02-15-2012, 04:33 AM
I play with a frame that has been designed in the early 90's and is still being used on the tour 20 years later under all the paint jobs.:)

as for the dunlop 500 tour, chris from TW said you need to string at low end to get pop, true if you are a 4.0 and above, my player is a 3.5 female who strings at mid to high and needs pop, she does not have a full swing. looking at the power zone and sweet spot http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/cgi-bin/poweruniverse.cgi the PD is higher. It might be a good frame to test just to compare, TW is making the claim that this is a versatile frame that will appeal to the majority ala PD. Another versatile frame from HEAD that I let her demo was my old extreme, she did not like it as much as the PD 2012.

I think she is going to order the PD on friday.

JackB1
02-17-2012, 05:03 PM
The Head IG Instinct sounds like a perfect fit. Light enough with good pop. Easy to use.

The Rebel 98 swings lighter than the Warrior...might be worth a try. I love the Warrior 100 myself, but it does have a pretty substantial swingweight (near 330). The Rebel is around 320.

The Warrior Team would probably fit her too. If it was too light you could add a little lead tape.

Chyeaah
02-17-2012, 05:38 PM
The chicks want to go with the V-Core 100S.

klementine79
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I play with a frame that has been designed in the early 90's and is still being used on the tour 20 years later under all the paint jobs.:)

PT?... I remember past reviews of yours, in which you would demo certain 'pt630' clones and compare/contrast them to the pt630.

I believe some reviews included the PureStormLTD. and BLX ProTour. Not sure if there were other reviews. But they were absolutely fantastic reading.

Was wondering if you planned on doing anymore. I, for one, would love to read some and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Clone Suggestions:
Dunlop Bio200
Rebel95(2012)
BB Melbourne