PDA

View Full Version : Biomimetic 200 L vs. Donnay Gold 99

emmanuel
02-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Hello,
I would like to read some comments about the Dunlop Biomimetic 200 lite vs. Donnay X-Dual Core Gold 99.
Thanks for your help!
E.

subz
02-14-2012, 07:12 AM
DB200L is a nice stick with specs made for an all court player. Don't care about the Donnay

emmanuel
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Thx Subz. Currently I am using a Dunlop Aerogel 100. I am looking for something more forgiving with low SW, and I realized the Donnay Gold 99 has these characteristics...

Uvijek Argen
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Dunlop Bio 200 lite is a great stick for sure. I did have a good last year using it. Sadly for my arm is quite stiff regardless what TW put in the spec section, and I can see it comparing with my new Yonex 95d.

Good thing with the 200 lite its that its not string sensitive, it goes with anything. As different than my ex RDS 001 MP and now this vcore 95d, is a little more of a hassle to find what im looking for.

Hope you find the best stick for your game!!

Sreeram
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
I recently demoed these 2 sticks. I have a Gold 99 and I demoed 200L. 200L had very small sweet spot. I had a rally and serves with it. When I hit the sweet spot I had good weight on the ball, I framed the ball more.
I liked Gold 99, but it is a racquet that is stable only when you take big swings at the ball. The racquet is highly mobile because of its frame structure so taking big swings should not be a problem and also has a big sweet spot. But when I tried to hit flat, I felt my arm a bit due to some viberation. But when I started swinging freely putting more spin on the ball, I was able to hit some nice shots. I would say this racquet is for 4.0+. Also I could not get used to backhand with this racquet. So I stopped using it.

emmanuel
02-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Thx for your comments.
I use a semi western forehand and one handed backhand, 4.0 level.
I guess the Donnay Gold 99 is more powerfull than Biomimetic 200 L.
Sreeram, If you have to choose, Which one?

corners
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Thx Subz. Currently I am using a Dunlop Aerogel 100. I am looking for something more forgiving with low SW, and I realized the Donnay Gold 99 has these characteristics...

The 400 Tour might also suit your needs. Got a very positive review from the TW testers and some reviews on this forum.

Sreeram
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Thx for your comments.
I use a semi western forehand and one handed backhand, 4.0 level.
I guess the Donnay Gold 99 is more powerfull than Biomimetic 200 L.
Sreeram, If you have to choose, Which one?

I would choose Gold 99. I am Semi western FH as well. I can both flatern it out and also spin it. Gold is good for spin and I found it not too stable for flat. It is great fun to play with it due to the feel and the ease of use and big sweet spot. My Gold is stung with a dead poly still it plays powerful. I am planning to give this racquet another try stung with multi to see how it plays.

emmanuel
02-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Thx, Sreeram
Is the Donnay Gold 99 more powefull than biomimetic 200 l?
And the control?
How do they compare in the serve?

emmanuel
02-20-2012, 06:21 AM
I've tried Biomimetic 200 l. I like it a lot!
It has bigger sweetspot and more powerfull than my AG100 with amazing control.
I can't imagine the Donnay gold 99.
Is it Better?

AndrewID
02-26-2012, 09:37 AM
i have 200L and love it
strung BHBR at low end + they looks good)

aimrobot
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I've played with 200L for about ten months, and I loved it a lot. The weight and its distribution was perfect for me, and my one hand backhand couldn't be better. I thought I found my raquet finally. Unfortunately I've played way too much tennis and got tennis elbow. 200L is stiffer (65) than the TW spec (58), and I have weak arms. Recently I switched to Wilson BLX Pro Staff 6.5 95, which is almost identical to 200L spec-wise. You may want to check it out, too. My 200Ls are on sale if you want. :-) If you want a stiff one, then go with 200L. If you prefer a flexible one, then consider PS 95. I haven't tested donnay because of head size. My ohbh works best with 90 or 95 at tops.

ManuGinobili
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Really liked the 200 Lite - nice balance, really good control, though it's a bit low powered for me to be competitive. I've had friends at different levels all enjoy it ( though I don't know how good it is for them in actual play).

For me, the Donnay didn't have enough heft and the balance wasn't quite my favorite. Hitting with it is pretty nice, but my forehands were outright pushed around. I didn't even realize how much worse it made my forehand until I switched to my main stick which had more heft. So the most important thing for a player to be able to enjoy this stick is that you have to be able to generate quite a bit of power. I wouldn't suggest this stick to anyone lower than a strong 4.0

Sreeram
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Now that my winter league is almost over I gave Gold 99 a serious shot. It is really good for my FH. I have played with many racquets but this is the first racquet that helps me take big cuts on the ball without losing much control and with excellent spin. 1st serve has good control and decent speed. But the highlight is my 2nd serve which already had good kick for my playing level (3.5-4.0), now with Gold, I feel like my serve is moved to 1 level above. 2nd serve is almost unattackable because of the kick i get.

BH is the only area i am still struggling with this racquet. I am a flat 2hander BH player so I hit the deeper than what I aim with this. Gold is not for flat hitters or pushers at all, it is for spin players who seek a spin friendly racquet with more power for hitting outright winners with excellent spin. Slice is great as well.

EDK
03-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I hit with the Gold 99 last night. The feel was old school muted graphite, reminded me of the Volkl Tour 10 MP and I.prestige. Unfortunately I had some trampoline effect going on, the launching felt like what an 110sqin OS racket does sometimes. Seems like flat hitting would be too risky. Maybe the demo strings played a factor, some kind of poly hybrid.