PDA

View Full Version : My review on the ASICS Gel Game 3

luishcorreia
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
They have finally arrived.

My first impression was: they are yellow. Definitely yellow :)

Not my favorite color scheme, but being on the hunt for the perfect shoe, I decided to let got of the "look" factor and concentrate more on price, quality, durability and comfort. Mainly comfort.

After trying out several models recently and being - in the most part - disappointed by the shoes I've tryed, I decided to give the ASICS a chance.

I read a lot about several shoes online and n this forum and decided to get the ASICS Gel Game 3.

I will only try them out tomorrow night, but even trying them out at home I can see that comfort is excellent, they feel really confy, mostly when comparing to the Nike's 3.3 - that after 6 months still hurt me feet.

Regarding the shoe size - and TW recommends ordering half a size higher - I ordered my normal size and they fit perfectly.

So I will post my review tommorow..and just leave some photos today.

Cheers.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-me9y1MnHcG8/TzrG7hgnJyI/AAAAAAAADps/a1hDSqrHb7M/s400/DSC03322.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I-whwY5KRKo/TzrG_uxeAII/AAAAAAAADp0/bOFgVIOB2OU/s400/DSC03323.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JEjvjmgNRDQ/TzrHDGv7I8I/AAAAAAAADp8/nV2xPqwm2Lk/s400/DSC03325.JPG

luishcorreia
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
As promised, here is the first review after two hours of play with my new ASICS Gel Game 3.

I feel like screaming: Yessss!!

Finally, after two years looking for my new shoe of choice, I think I can finally say that I found it.

It has everything I like in a tennis shoe: lightweight, comfortable and low to the ground. If it tuens out to be durable - even better, but honestly I'd rather buy shoes from 6 to 6 months than just once a year but always have my feet hurting while playing..

The ASICS Gel game 3 do not require any break-in. It was the first time that I used them, and right out-of-the-box they where very comfortable.

The shoes are lightweight and you can can also see that they will be good for hot weather. Despite its low weight, the stability is very good. The the heel is surrounded by a more rigid inner structure that keeps this part of the foot securely in place in more aggressive movements.

The front of the shoe does not have large rubber cover, but these are the differences in quality (and price) between the Gel Game and the Gel Resolution shoe.

Obviously I can not yet comment on durability, but will leave updates on the upcomming weeks. I'm not waiting for the soles of this show to last longer than the Nike Court Ballistec 3.3, but any shoe that is used a lot in Hard Court will never last long. Anyway this year I have to play more on clay - to see if my knees hold up a few more years.

The ASICS Gel Game 3 or Resolution (his older brother), is a shoe that is worth trying, especially for those seeking comfort or that have wide feet. Especially recommended for those who play most of the time on clay or grass - they will certainly have an excellent shoe that will last for some long time.

Cheers

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Al-7DpSGP0k/TzrHKLFoSsI/AAAAAAAADqM/5yrVAhdh7y0/s400/DSC03329.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mwuIqFW6gDE/TzrHNWkvkxI/AAAAAAAADqU/DdeEGbKQmr8/s400/DSC03327.JPG

luishcorreia
02-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Blog post: http://online-tennis-blog.blogspot.com/2012/02/yellowvery-yellow.html

corbind
02-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Have you ever tried the asics Gel Resolution 3 for comparison?

Dags
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Have you ever tried the asics Gel Resolution 3 for comparison?

Some brief notes from my experience.:

GR2: very responsive, low-to-the-ground feel, the plastic cover over the toe-box meant some break-in was required but great afterwards. Durability mediocre. True to size.

GR3: much more cushioned, more stable around the heel, playable out of the box. However, I felt I lost performance... the low feeling was gone, and it was more like having a pair of pillows strapped to my feet than tennis shoes. Durability was better. True to size.

GG3: similar to the GR2. Low feeling is back, and no break in required. Durability is poor, partly due to lack of toe guard. Some stitching is also suspect, though this may just be a bad pair. Smaller than the GR2 and 3 - I should have gone up half a size.

The GR4 look closer to the 3 than 2, so my next shoe will probably be the Solution Speed.

Shruf
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
since you tried so many shoes, can you give me some opinions on the barricade and ballistecs? it would be helpful to me. :D

luishcorreia
02-17-2012, 09:45 AM
since you tried so many shoes, can you give me some opinions on the barricade and ballistecs? it would be helpful to me. :D

Ballistec 3.3. Nice quality, excellent traction and durability. Very stiff. Require a lot of break in. In my case I couldn't break them in at all. I have wide feet and the show is very narrow. Forget it if you have wide feet.

Barricade. Also nice quality, excellent traction and durability. Somewhat heavy and hot in the summer. They feel to me that i'm very high..and always afraid to roll an ankle. I like more of a low to the ground shoe.

Nike Zoom Breathe 2K10. Excellent shoe. Very comfortable, but the durability was poor. If not for the money and having to buy shoes every 4 months, this would be my "go-to" show.

Head Mojo. Really like these shoes. Comfortable and good looking. A great show. They make a great clay-court shoe - also because they will last more.

Nike Court Ballistec 2.1 - Rubbish...forget about it :) A shoe for the occasional player..that plays 2 times per month. If you play 2 or 3 times per week, minimum, you need a performance shoe.

TLy963
02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I also ordered these shoes and got them a couple weeks ago. Going half up they are just slightly large for my feet buy not much of a problem. I agree that comfort is good but these arent as flexible like my last pair of shoes. Very satisfied though for this pair of shoes that i got for $56. At this price i couldnt find a good shoe with a warranty.

High Five!

luishcorreia
02-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Just played again today, 2 hours, on red clay. Sweet shoes. Very confortable, good support.

Excelent shoe for clay

Racer41c
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
I also ordered these shoes and got them a couple weeks ago. Going half up they are just slightly large for my feet buy not much of a problem. I agree that comfort is good but these arent as flexible like my last pair of shoes. Very satisfied though for this pair of shoes that i got for $56. At this price i couldnt find a good shoe with a warranty.

High Five!

I thought they were a still a little small at 1/2 size up. But I wore them around the house with a very thin pair of socks and I think they'll be good. The upper in the shoe is a nice balance btwn comfy and supportive. I reordered another 1/2 size up, hope it works out.