PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Rzr 98T (BlackRacquet)

TimmyG
02-14-2012, 06:32 PM
I just got a couple of these, switched the base grip to leather and put on an over grip to make it a little heavier and a little more head light.
So far I love it.. I've been playing with pure storm tour gts (with leather grips so theyll be a little heavier and more head light) for the past couple years. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stick with them or switch over to the gamma sticks..
The weight and balance are the exact same on both of them and the stiffness feels about the same too..
The thing that's getting me to lean toward gamma is that they seem to have a slightly more solid feeling than the babolats on slightly off center shots which I noticed the most while volleying..
I never thought I'd find a racquet that felt as good or better than my storm tours (especially from gamma..hah) but after a little more testing these 98ts might be taking their place in my bag..

nalvarado
02-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I also preferred the 98t to my usual apdc. I may experiment with a bit of lead to see how they compare matched in specs. The plowthrough of the 98t really sold me.

ucr_tennis90
02-14-2012, 07:36 PM
i've already switched from my APDGTs to the 98T and i'm not looking back. i'm using the gamma version as my main racquet and the black racquet prototype as a back up.

i even loved my black racquet set up so much that i copied it when i got the gamma version (i bought a 4 3/8 grip and put 2 full size shrink sleeves on it and put lead from 2 to 10 to counterbalance) the final specs are in my signature.

RacketFever
02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Is the Swing Weight really 356?

flashfire276
02-14-2012, 07:49 PM
It's an amazing racquet. I actually sold my Aero Storm Prototype to Fuji because of this thing, and have no regrets.
What the 98T offers that the AS didn't have was the extra pop. With this, it's so much easier to generate a heavy ball. I don't need to go wild on my swings, which was needed with the AS. But goodness, it's an all-out player's frame with ease of use.

Note to self: change signature sometime soon.

djnemo
02-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Is the Swing Weight really 356?

Gamma's website lists the strung swingweight as 328 and unstrung balance as 310 mm.

Fuji
02-15-2012, 05:43 AM
It's an amazing racquet. I actually sold my Aero Storm Prototype to Fuji because of this thing, and have no regrets.
What the 98T offers that the AS didn't have was the extra pop. With this, it's so much easier to generate a heavy ball. I don't need to go wild on my swings, which was needed with the AS. But goodness, it's an all-out player's frame with ease of use.

Note to self: change signature sometime soon.

And I'm loving the Prototype btw! It's working awesome! :)

-Fuji

nadalex
02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
anybody looking for 98T email alex@darreners.com

ucr_tennis90
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
the only problem with this racquet i've personally experienced so far is how fast i'm going through strings now.

on my APDs i could get 4-6 weeks out of my RPM Blast before i had to cut them out.

but on this racquet it's been like 2 weeks and i'm already cutting them out this weekend.