PDA

View Full Version : Aeroprodrive - Unique?

Boricua
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
In another thread someone mentioned the uniqueness of the Aeropro.

What makes it unique and different from other rackets?

martin
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Nothing. I have two Aeropro's and the racket is superstiff and too powerful.
My vantage rackets are ten times better!!

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM

I am the someone. LOL.

As I said the frame design is revolutionary.

Every other racquet has about the same beam width throughout

The Aero is very wide in some places and much thinner I'm others.

In fact TW has no idea what the hell the beam width actually is and lists its as
"0.0"???? Anyone know why?

VGP
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM

Were you not aware of the proliferation of racket designs in the late 80's/early 90's?

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
sigh, obviously not...

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Were you not aware of the proliferation of racket designs in the late 80's/early 90's?

Sure I am ....they were awesome. The Mcgregor , the snauwert ergonom, the Bosworth Fox !

All unique for sure .

But the APD is unique as well. It's the first and only racquet with that shape. 20 years from now they will be talking about the APD the way we talk about 80's racquets.

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I rather doubt that, lol. You imply that babolat invented the variable beam tweener, this is just not the case, such racquets have been around for years.

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I rather doubt that, lol. You imply that babolat invented the variable beam tweener, this is just not the case, such racquets have been around for years.

I didn't think I was implying it .....I actually said it.

But please be my guest .....prove me wrong . Go for it.

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I didn't think I was implying it .....I actually said it.

But please be my guest .....prove me wrong . Go for it.

Are you claiming they originated the variable beam width tweener racuqet? Not just an aero wing like beams?

-SF

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I am the someone. LOL.

In fact TW has no idea what the hell the beam width actually is and lists its as

Racquets with variations in beam widths for performance, feel, stability, etc have been around for years.

Yonex had it with their OPS Metal racquets. Their OPS racquets first came out in the mid-late 1970s.

Here's my Yonex 8600 Green OPS (Oval Pressed Shaft) circa around 1979, strung with some ugly orange string - sorry about the color balance in the image - bad lighting. The wooden palette is a trip..... http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/aerogami/TennisRacquets/YonexOPS.jpg

ZeroSkid
02-15-2012, 05:26 PM

I have always hated Babolat, I guess because I like the touch, feel and volleying of thin beamed player racquets, but I just tried the AeroPro Drive, I am in love, I am have been so ignorant all these years, gonna try the Pure Drive and then decide which I like the best!

Yourtenniscoach
02-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I have always hated Babolat, I guess because I like the touch, feel and volleying of thin beamed player racquets, but I just tried the AeroPro Drive, I am in love, I am have been so ignorant all these years, gonna try the Pure Drive and then decide which I like the best!

Welcome to the dark side. Just know that playing with Babolats are lot like dancing with the devil. You will have flashes of brilliance and at other times you go insane trying to reel in the power they possess.

TopspinAce
02-15-2012, 06:52 PM
BEST STRING SET UP WITH AEROPRO DRIVE GT IS
SOLINCO TOUR BITE
55lbs
=Amazing!

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Racquets with variations in beam widths for performance, feel, stability, etc have been around for years.

Yonex had it with their OPS Metal racquets. Their OPS racquets first came out in the mid-late 1970s.

You have got to be kidding me ???? You think that idiotic racquet is anything like the sleek aerodynamic aero pro drive???

Look bro hate the Babolat APD all you want. Call it crap ....I don't care.....

But the APD is one of a kind love it or hate it.

The fact is that it's shape is in fact unique that's why it's patented. They wouldn't be able to patent it if it wasn't unique .

The APD is revolutionary in design. Having said that you are welcome to hate . But it's design is unique because there has been nothing with thy shape before it or after it .

ZeroSkid
02-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the dark side. Just know that playing with Babolats are lot like dancing with the devil. You will have flashes of brilliance and at other times you go insane trying to reel in the power they possess.

Yes i have already had this, I use a lot of spin so, I just need to be careful when I hit flat for winners, what do you use:confused:

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
You have got to be kidding me ???? You think that idiotic racquet is anything like the sleek aerodynamic aero pro drive???

Never stated it was aerodynamic.

And I quote:

I am the someone. LOL.

The Yonex OPS deigns shows that variable width frames is more than decades old. Moreover, you seem to be grouping variable width and aerodynamic into one.

-SF

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Never stated it was aerodynamic.

And I quote:

The Yonex OPS deigns shows that variable width frames is more than decades old. Moreover, you seem to be grouping variable width and aerodynamic into one.

-SF

the aero pro dive design is patented. You can only patent something if it. Is unique . So the argument is over.

Having said that "unique" does not mean good. There's a truck load of racquets that are unique but suck. You are welcome to think the APD is crap. But I'm sorry by law it is unique. The court has already ruled on this.

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 07:27 PM
the aero pro dive design is patented. You can only patent something if it. Is unique . So the argument is over.

Having said that "unique" does not mean good. There's a truck load of racquets that are unique but suck. You are welcome to think the APD is crap. But I'm sorry by law it is unique. The court has already ruled on this.

Find where I called it "crap" or to the like or stated anything remotely negative about the aeropro.

Where the aeropro would be unique would be with it's proprietary aerodynamic design. As proved, variable width racquets have been around for decades. In your first post you described a variable width beam not specifically an aerodynamic.

-SF

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.oncourtoffcourt.com/images/D/TAVA450.d.jpg

Is this uniquely "arrowdynamic" enough for you?

-SF

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Find where I called it "crap" or to the like or stated anything remotely negative about the aeropro.

Where the aeropro would be unique would be with it's proprietary aerodynamic design. As proved, variable width racquets have been around for decades. In your first post you described a variable width beam not specifically an aerodynamic.

-SF

I didn't say you think it's crap but it is objectively unique.

In order to patent a product it must be unique.

When Babolat applied for a patent they had to prove the APD was unique . In 2004 Babolat won it's case in court and the APD design was patented. If anyone copies it then they can be sued for patent infringement.

The APD has been declared by law to be unique.

The question of this post was whether there was anything unique about the APD.....nothing more nothing less. No hidden inuendos.

This matter has already been decided in court and is a non issue. The APD is unique by law . Case closed.

Move on.

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM

When Babolat applied for a patent they had to prove the APD was unique . In 2004 Babolat won it's case in court and the APD design was patented. If anyone copies it then they can be sued for patent infringement.

The question of this post was whether there was anything unique about the APD.....nothing more nothing less. No hidden inuendos.

This matter has already been decided in court and is a non issue. The APD is unique by law . Case closed.

Move on.

Yes the AeroPro is unique. Just as the new Gamma RZR aerodynamic racquets are unique. Just as the Babolat Aero Tour series, babolat's first "Aero" series is unique: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/REVIEWS/BATPL/BATPLReview.html

http://www.faces77.com/2011HEROCLIXPICTURES/aerotour2pic%20copy.jpg

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes the AeroPro is unique. Just as the new Gamma RZR aerodynamic racquets are unique. Just as the Babolat Aero Tour series, babolat's first "Aero" series is unique: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/REVIEWS/BATPL/BATPLReview.html

]

Babolat can't sue itself so it is allowed to make as many aero designs as it wants.

Gamma is nothing like the aero. Check out the beam specs: Beam Width: 22mm / 22mm / 22mm /

Regardless we all agree apd is unique.

End of thread.

This is boring

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Babolat can't sue itself so it is allowed to make as many aero designs as it wants.

Gamma is nothing like the aero. Check out the beam specs: Beam Width: 22mm / 22mm / 22mm /

Regardless we all agree apd is unique.

End of thread.

This is boring

If patented is the qualifier then we can agree the PS 85, Prince O Port / Speed Port, EXO series of racquets, X-45 and AeroPro are all unique as they contain patented designs propriety to their brands.

Also, TW lists the RZR 100T Series Beam Width as: 25mm / 26mm / 23mm

-SF

drakulie
02-15-2012, 08:19 PM
The Pro Supex Dynamic Energy racquet has the same mold as the APD.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_MTDQ50c5OA4/Sir8y4dmngI/AAAAAAAAAjo/0-YpKcE6xck/s800/P1000990.JPG

alidisperanza
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.oncourtoffcourt.com/images/D/TAVA450.d.jpg

Is this uniquely "arrowdynamic" enough for you?

-SF

SF strikes again... Brilliant my friend

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Drakulie,

Lest I forget the Pro Supex (Aero) Dynamic! It's uniquely un-unique I guess.

-SF

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Drakulie,

Lest I forget the Pro Supex (Aero) Dynamic! It's uniquely un-unique I guess.

-SF

Hahaha I love that company . Did you see their yonEx copy? I think it's called the uniflex. They squared off the sides so Yonex couldn't sue them.

Although I think the yon patent is over....I think you can only patent something for 20 years.

SFrazeur
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Hahaha I love that company . Did you see their yonEx copy? I think it's called the uniflex. They squared off the sides so Yonex couldn't sue them.

Although I think the yon patent is over....I think you can only patent something for 20 years.

That's true. In the USA anyway.

-SF

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
The Pro Supex Dynamic Energy racquet has the same mold as the APD.

]

I love that company they make me laugh. How do they get away with it?

drakulie
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I love that company they make me laugh. How do they get away with it?

Its actually a Donnay Pro One painted to look like a Pro Supex Frame. LOL

Just kidding. Not sure how they get away with it, or even if they are getting away with anything. Perhaps they claim their design has some minor difference. ????

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Its actually a Donnay Pro One painted to look like a Pro Supex Frame. LOL

Just kidding. Not sure how they get away with it, or even if they are getting away with anything. Perhaps they claim their design has some minor difference. ????

They knock off everything . Did you see the pro supex nano? Omg! They are just so funny.

Chyeaah
02-15-2012, 09:07 PM

Move on.

So in 20 years they all will be talking about Exo3 ports since their patented as well? how bout d30? My BLX Pro Open is 24/26/24 does that make it worth talking about?

VOLLEY KING
02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
So in 20 years they all will be talking about Exo3 ports since their patented as well? how bout d30? My BLX Pro Open is 24/26/24 does that make it worth talking about?

Yes

Yes

Yes

No....AeroPro racquets feature a frame with varying profiles at three strategic points: the throat, the shaft and the head of the racquet.

Hi I'm Ray
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM

The fact is that it's shape is in fact unique that's why it's patented. They wouldn't be able to patent it if it wasn't unique .

The APD is revolutionary in design. Having said that you are welcome to hate . But it's design is unique because there has been nothing with thy shape before it or after it .

Move on.

I've got the APDGT as my main racket so obviously I like it, but that stuff above really makes me laugh. Serious over-reaction and way too much drama there.

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 02:32 AM
its just too funny, its a big dumb tweener, nothing special except for one endorsee (who uses a custom stick anyway)

but volley boy has fallen for the marketing.

funny

KenC
02-16-2012, 03:46 AM
its just too funny, its a big dumb tweener, nothing special except for one endorsee (who uses a custom stick anyway)

but volley boy has fallen for the marketing.

funny

Yeah, but think of all the massive spin he is getting now!!!!! :)

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
I've got the APDGT as my main racket so obviously I like it, but that stuff above really makes me laugh. Serious over-reaction and way too much drama there.

Yeah big drama......

The APD is unique.

Hope that wasn't to much drama for you?

What's weird is the hateful dramatic reactions. What's the big deal? Who the hell cares if it's unique or not?

VGP
02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
This is boring

I don't find your cluelessness boring at all.

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 07:14 AM
I don't find your cluelessness boring at all.

I just don't get the reactions here?

Your right .....I'm completely puzzled at how such a simple statement like
"the APD is unique" cause this much excitement.

Does it really matter ?

Why do you care ? I certainly do not.

But what I do find intriguing is why is everyone so upset?

There can be only two reasons I can think of......

1- people hate Nadal and anything associated with him.

2- "Purists" hate new overpowered racquets that make the game easier .

I understand both contentions. But please be advised that by saying the APD is unique I am not commenting on Nadal or whether the APD is a good stick.

All I said is that it's patented and therefore legally defined as unique.

This is not an opinion but a legal fact . If you have a problem with the courts ruling you should file an appeal and litigate it. But I merely stating a fact. Nothing more and nothing less. Please don't read into it.

alidisperanza
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I think it's more like TT dislikes absolutes and that's been dealt in spades here.

PS... 84 posts says you care... especially since ~20 of them were from last night at least!

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
I think it's more like TT dislikes absolutes and that's been dealt in spades here.

PS... 84 posts says you care... especially since ~20 of them were from last night at least!

No it says I have no life....lol

equinox
02-16-2012, 07:45 AM

So unique it has clones...

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 07:55 AM
So unique it has clones...

Every racquet has knockoff clones. Just go check out prosupex racquets. All they do is make knockoffs of everything from Head to Wilson .....I don't understand how they get away with it?

But from my understanding they even have iPhone knockoffs and even have fake apple stores in china where they wear the same uniforms as apple employees.

Itnsorta funny.

equinox
02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Every racquet has knockoff clones. Just go check out prosupex racquets. All they do is make knockoffs of everything from Head to Wilson .....I don't understand how they get away with it?

But from my understanding they even have iPhone knockoffs and even have fake apple stores in china where they wear the same uniforms as apple employees.

Itnsorta funny.

I don't need to check them out, I've held/played them from local distributor.

Maybe similar mold with a horrid pj but not even comparable to real thing.

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm sure ....I tried the IPad knockoffs and they sucked as well.

martin
02-16-2012, 08:45 AM

I have 2 apdc's and a wilson kobra tour. They were different like night and day but then i customized it to the same specs and now they play the same though the kobra is a bit more flexy but that's all.

Ramon
02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Babolat certainly wouldn't be the first company to get away with BS patents, and they won't be the last.

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 09:26 AM

FYI, "Unique" is not even remotely close to the standard for patentability.

What is this law you speak of that makes the aero pro drive design "unique," and what "court" has already ruled on the "uniqueness" of this design? Please provide a citation, or a copy of the opinion.

FWIW, I've seen a lot of people assert that the aero beam design is patented. Babolat certainly doesn't make any such representations on its own website or its products. I've searched on Google Patents and the USPTO database to find a patent owned by Babolat covering the aero beam design with no success. If anyone can point to a specific patent I've love to read through it. :)

alidisperanza
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Itnsorta funny.

Indeed they do, but what most people don't realize that patents can be circumvented very easily. The biggest application of this is in the pharmaceutical business. The slightest modification in chemical structure of a compound can warrant something to be different enough to not violate a patent. Something could functionally share the same properties/ stye as the APDs but have some small variance that qualifies it as different. I'm going to stay out of the discussion because I don't know enough about the babolat frames to comment but I've certainly seen my share of knockoffs.

I have 2 apdc's and a wilson kobra tour. They were different like night and day but then i customized it to the same specs and now they play the same though the kobra is a bit more flexy but that's all.

Martin, I hate to say it but I fail to see that as possible. I'm not a fan of the APD line but imo it's a far superior frame to the Kobra. I don't see how any measure of customization could bring the two frames comparable. My reasoning lies in an experiment I tried some time ago. I brought a LM Radical to very near the same specs as the MG Prestige but ultimately, they did not play even close.

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
FYI, "Unique" is not even remotely close to the standard for patentability.

What is this law you speak of that makes the aero pro drive design "unique," and what "court" has already ruled on the "uniqueness" of this design? Please provide a citation, or a copy of the opinion.

FWIW, I've seen a lot of people assert that the aero beam design is patented. Babolat certainly doesn't make any such representations on its own website or its products. I've searched on Google Patents and the USPTO database to find a patent owned by Babolat covering the aero beam design with no success. If anyone can point to a specific patent I've love to read through it. :)

Legal Patent Conditions
The two main patentability conditions are the invention must be new and it must involve an inventive step. According to French law, an invention is new if it does not constitute anything that was made available to the public before the date of filing of the patent application, especially by means of a written or oral description or by use. A French patent application or an international patent application designating France, which has been filed but not yet published, constitutes work which has to be taken into account in order to consider the novelty of the applying invention.
Inventiveness
The inventiveness of an invention is judged on the basis whether the invention is obviously similar to a previous invention. Article L. 612-5 states that under penalty of nullity of the patent, the invention has to be described in a manner sufficiently clear and complete for it to be carried out by a man skilled in the art. The patent application must have specifications that are clearly documented in support of the inventor's claims. This clarity is what protects the patent according to Article L. 612-6.

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Sorry buddy, you've described "novelty", and "inventive step" (similar to "nonobviousness" in US patent law), both requirements under French patent law, not "uniqueness." (See 35 U.S.C. 102, 103 for the corresponding provisions in the Patent Act; see also MPEP 2100, "Patentability" for what US Patent examiners refer to when examining patents.)

I'll make it easy for you:
(Patent Act text: http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/consolidated_laws.pdf)
(MPEP 2100: http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/documents/2100.htm)

You've also yet to provide an opinion, or any citation pointing to a court that has ruled on the "uniqueness" of the aero beam design contributing to its patentability, or any actual patent whose claims read on the aero beam design.

FD3S
02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah, sounds like Babolat came up with a racquet that differed slightly from the norm and gave it to a guy who picked up 10 majors with it. Poof, instant mystique.

gameboy
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Actually, the first time I saw a beam like what Babolat does today is with Kneissl White Star from the 80's. (the third racquet from the left)

http://i39.tinypic.com/qx55wy.jpg

This is something that has been around for a long time. Just because they have a patent on it does not mean the overall shape is unique, it just means that their implementation is unique.

Here is the thread about it:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246221

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry buddy, you've described "novelty", and "inventive step" (similar to "nonobviousness" in US patent law), both requirements under French patent law, not "uniqueness." (See 35 U.S.C. 102, 103 for the corresponding provisions in the Patent Act; see also MPEP 2100, "Patentability" for what US Patent examiners refer to when examining patents.)

I'll make it easy for you:
(Patent Act text: http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/consolidated_laws.pdf)
(MPEP 2100: http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/documents/2100.htm)

You've also yet to provide an opinion, or any citation pointing to a court that has ruled on the "uniqueness" of the aero beam design contributing to its patentability, or any actual patent whose claims read on the aero beam design.

OMG !!!! I think I need to hire a freaking Patent lawyer.

Ok so The APD was not patented because it was unique? So how the hell did they get a patent?

But let's make this really simple for us non lawyers ok? Show us a frame that looks like the APD prior to 2004 .

If you cannot then the frame is unique .

Case closed. The defense rests . :-)

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Actually, the first time I saw a beam like what Babolat does today is with Kneissl White Star from the 80's. (the third racquet from the left)

http://i39.tinypic.com/qx55wy.jpg

This is something that has been around for a long time. Just because they have a patent on it does not mean the overall shape is unique, it just means that their implementation is unique.

Here is the thread about it:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246221

What do they have a patent for is the question?

Let's not forget that Babolat also patented the Woofer system. Clearly that's unique?

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 11:48 AM
OMG !!!! I think I need to hire a freaking Patent lawyer.

Ok so The APD was not patented because it was unique? So how the hell did they get a patent?

But let's make this really simple for us non lawyers ok? Show us a frame that looks like the APD prior to 2004 .

If you cannot then the frame is unique .

Case closed. The defense rests . :-)

Even laypeople untrained in the law can read the statutes that you cite and see that "uniqueness" is not mentioned as a condition for patentability. You don't need a technical degree/background and three years of law school to be able to read.

Whether or not there existed a frame prior to 2004 that "looks like the APD" is irrelevant to whether Babolat holds a patent on the aero design. Your argument is the APD is unique because it is patented, and as evidence that the APD is patented, you cite to its "uniqueness." Circular logic much?

While you're busy logically chasing your own tail, again, please:
(1) Post the Babolat patent on the Aero technology. Even a patent number, or a patent application number would be great. For example, U.S. Patent App. 11/161,345, "Godly Powers" (http://www.google.com/patents?id=cdaYAAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=godly+powers&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cms9T9j3BeWg4gSGweS0CA&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA)(a fun read, if I might add)
(2) Provide a citation to the case you refer to above in 2004 in which Babolat successfully adjudicated the validity of (1). Even better if you can post the ruling.

gameboy
02-16-2012, 12:01 PM
What do they have a patent for is the question?

Let's not forget that Babolat also patented the Woofer system. Clearly that's unique?

People get patents for many reasons. A lot of the times it is for marketing purposes. Sometimes it is just so that they can crowd out third party manufacturers.

For example, many car and other manufacturers patent their own specified sized nuts and bolts so that they are the only ones who can produce them. They are just nuts and bolts and only thing unique about them is the specific size (or the shape of the driver).

Put it another way, if Babolat shapes were really novel and patented, you would not see other manufacturer knockoffs like Wilson Kobra and other models.

stormholloway
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
All I said is that it's patented and therefore legally defined as unique.

This is not an opinion but a legal fact . If you have a problem with the courts ruling you should file an appeal and litigate it. But I merely stating a fact. Nothing more and nothing less. Please don't read into it.

Nonsense. You said:

Unique and revolutionary are not the same, first of all. Second of all, we know for a fact that not every other racquet has the same beam width throughout.

First you said revolutionary and claimed no other racquet had variable beam width, then you covered and tried to act like all you said was unique, "nothing more nothing less." It's a classic bait and switch.

Then you had the nerve to call others out on the drama that ensued.

Bud
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Are they the original non-cortex in grip size 4?? :):D

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Nonsense. You said:

Unique and revolutionary are not the same, first of all. Second of all, we know for a fact that not every other racquet has the same beam width throughout.

First you said revolutionary and claimed no other racquet had variable beam width, then you covered and tried to act like all you said was unique, "nothing more nothing less." It's a classic bait and switch.

Then you had the nerve to call others out on the drama that ensued.

Let's just make this very simple.

The question this thread has posed was simply whether the APD was "unique".

The answer is clearly yes in that the APD design has been patented.

Whether or not it's revolutionary or crap is an opinion that can go on forever and NOT the point of this thread nor something I really care to debate as there is no real answer.

The bottom line : the APD is legally ruled on as unique and if you copy it you can be sued for patent infringement .

I believe the patent protection lasts for 20 years. The APD won its patent in 2004 so in 2024 you can copy it and it will no longer be unique.

Can we move on now?

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Let's just make this very simple.

The question this thread has posed was simply whether the APD was "unique".

The answer is clearly yes in that the APD design has been patented.

Whether or not it's revolutionary or crap is an opinion that can go on forever and NOT the point of this thread nor something I really care to debate as there is no real answer.

The bottom line : the APD is legally ruled on as unique and if you copy it you can be sued for patent infringement .

I believe the patent protection lasts for 20 years. The APD won its patent in 2004 so in 2024 you can copy it and it will no longer be unique.

Can we move on now?

While you're busy logically chasing your own tail, again, please:
(1) Post the Babolat patent on the Aero technology. Even a patent number, or a patent application number would be great. For example, U.S. Patent App. 11/161,345, "Godly Powers" (http://www.google.com/patents?id=cdaYAAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=godly+powers&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cms9T9j3BeWg4gSGweS0CA&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA)(a (http://www.google.com/patents?id=cdaYAAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=godly+powers&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cms9T9j3BeWg4gSGweS0CA&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA%29%28a) fun read, if I might add)
(2) Provide a citation to the case you refer to above in 2004 in which Babolat successfully adjudicated the validity of (1). Even better if you can post the ruling.

We're still waiting. It's not that hard to find a patent. For example, here is Babolat's patent covering the Y-line of rackets:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=kBHsAQAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=babolat&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mok9T4X7DI7S4QTry8XBCA&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAQ

Here is Wilson's recently issued patent covering "articulating grommets:"
http://www.google.com/patents/US7887444?dq=articulating+grommets&ei=AIo9T6v4DJSL4gTlqqC_CA

That took me 30 seconds to find. Surely a search for Babolat's patent covering its "unique," "revolutionary" technology would not be difficult?

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
why do you keep talking in circles?

what patents? what are the patent numbers? 'legally ruled on' where? what court? Evidence?

put up or shut up!

*edit, sorry Onyx, you said it for me..

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM

what patents? what are the patent numbers? 'legally ruled on' where? what court? Evidence?

put up or shut up!

Actually I'm still waiting.

Show me another racquet with the APD design.

So I believe it's you guys who need to "put up or shut up".

"Ralph Nadal and the Aero Pro Drive

The aero technology in the Aero Pro Drive racquet was first patented in 2004 and sponsored immediately by Rafael Nadal; four years later he was ATP world number one. The aero modular design of the racquet frame provides greater stability and a faster swing. The circumventing woofer, the cortex frame joint and the aero modular frame are the three technologies of the Aero Drive Pro that combine to make one of the highest performing racquets on the market. This racquet is 27 inches in length and has a head size of 100 square inches.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6036940

martin
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM

martin
02-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Indeed they do, but what most people don't realize that patents can be circumvented very easily. The biggest application of this is in the pharmaceutical business. The slightest modification in chemical structure of a compound can warrant something to be different enough to not violate a patent. Something could functionally share the same properties/ stye as the APDs but have some small variance that qualifies it as different. I'm going to stay out of the discussion because I don't know enough about the babolat frames to comment but I've certainly seen my share of knockoffs.

Martin, I hate to say it but I fail to see that as possible. I'm not a fan of the APD line but imo it's a far superior frame to the Kobra. I don't see how any measure of customization could bring the two frames comparable. My reasoning lies in an experiment I tried some time ago. I brought a LM Radical to very near the same specs as the MG Prestige but ultimately, they did not play even close.

Did you professionally match them through a professional customizer who has the equipment to make them identical or did you do it yourself without the equipment to really measure it?

Did you measure the swingweight on a machine?

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM

its a variable beam tweener!!!

there are dozens of them!!!!!! Heck, my son has a bag full of HEAD Extreme MPs that are almost identical specs Go to the TW shop and use the 'compare racquets' feature. There are more of these things than anything else, and they all have varaible beam widths, are 100 sq in with a sw around 320. God, man, listen to yourself!

and before you start the whole 'oh, they are all copies of the APD' drivel, consider this.

that statement can be true or false. If it is true, then the APD is hardly 'unique', if it is false (it is), then these frames have been around for decades (fact)

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM

I don't take issue with your claim that the APD is revolutionary. I don't care about that.

Unlike you, we haven't made any factual or legal assertions and have nothing to put up. You, on the other hand, have asserted variously that 1. The APD is protected by a patent owned by Babolat, and 2. Babolat litigated the patent in court and prevailed, resulting in either: (a) it being granted patent rights, (b) affirmed existing patent rights, or (c) holding that the APD is "unique" as a matter of law.

You make these assertions and consistently fail to back them up with any reflection of reality, despite the fact that patents and (generally) court rulings are publicly accessible. Instead, you rely on logical fallacies, circular arguments, and straw men such as "show me another racket with the same design as the APD."

Let me put this in short, simple sentences. You say there is an APD patent. Show me. You say Babolat won a court case in 2004 over the APD design. Show me. That's it. Stop weaseling.

Recon
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Lol, this thread is funny, because he chooses to ignore facts, ignore his own mistakes such as his illiteracy and misinterpretantion (one he obviously made up "uniqueness"? really?) of patented work, then continues to try to win by saying, "lets make this simple" yet, it doesn't get any more simple than this

-They're MANY, if not the majority, tweeners on the market are variable beamed racquets. Period.

The aeroprodrive is not revolutionary like you say it is, moving from wood to graphite was REVOLUTIONARY. There have been thick beamed, stiff, large headsized frames before the aeroprodrive, and there will be many more after it.

In lay mans terms - YOU LOSE.

VOLLEY KING
02-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Omg ......the APD was patented in 2004.

I posted that already , just scroll up.

This is just getting stupid already.

The APD is one of a kind, unique, novel, whatever you want to say.

After all these posts no one can show another racquet that looks like the APD.

But ya know what??? This is getting really childish at this point .

This is no longer fun.

I'm out.

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
OMG! You said that someone else said that Babolat has a patent! Well then, it's settled!! Shoot, what was I thinking, asking for the actual patent itself, when something referring to something else referring to the existence of a patent is all I need, right?

Patents are not black holes. You do not need to deduce their existence from their effects on their surrounding environment. (Look, that star is orbiting something else and in a way that is not consistent with our normal projections, versus ... here, read this patent.)

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
give it up, Onyx

this guy isn't a critical thinker, he doesn't listen and he has obviously never seen the racquet in your sig in the flesh, either!

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I think I've been trolled. Fail.

FD3S
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
This thread is the TT equivalent of watching a dog try to run outside its house while not noticing the glass door it keeps running into.

HEADfamilydynasty
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/myspaceshtt/z102823664.png

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/tommy_vercetti1/1.jpg and he is a master.

THIS THREAD IS COMEDY!!LOL

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I think I've been trolled. Fail.

nah, I reckon he really IS that dumb!

MesQueUnClub
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
APD is so "unique" that when you hit with it, it sounds and feel like VOLLEY KING's arguments - hollow.

klementine79
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Too serious to be Fedace.... too coherent to be buckethead....

Who is this guy?

alidisperanza
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Did you professionally match them through a professional customizer who has the equipment to make them identical or did you do it yourself without the equipment to really measure it?

Did you measure the swingweight on a machine?

I don't need a professional matcher-- I'm more than capable of doing it myself and yes, I do have the equipment. I forgot the exact specifications since it's been quite a while and I've deconstructed the stick but I can share with you my approach. In the spirit of this incredibly long thread and the arguments held within, I don't have any empirical proof since I didn't take pictures/ have thrown away my records on it therefore you'll simply have to believe me, or not; the choice is yours.

My first approach was to put both on a friend's RDC machine for swing weight and stiffness then I worked with the radical using silicone in the hand and lead to balance them (using the appropriate balance table) the same and get the weights as close as possible (using a digital scale). After some trial and error, I had to adjust the prestige a bit in a similar manner but ultimately they were comparable (note; not identical). After, I strung them with the same string at the same tension and tested.

I wish I could backtrack and take pictures of the frames in their current conditions but I've since sold the prestige and since matched the radical to my others.

In short, the modified frame was playable but definitely not a prestige.

APD is so "unique" that when you hit with it, it sounds and feel like VOLLEY KING's arguments - hollow.

Bazinga!

martin
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Alidisperanza

I believe you but you might get another result with matching the kobra and apd.

It seems you like the prestige more than the modified radical which is playable but no prestige so why didn't you sell the radical instead of the prestige??

TheOneHander
02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Omg ......the APD was patented in 2004.

I posted that already , just scroll up.

This is just getting stupid already.

The APD is one of a kind, unique, novel, whatever you want to say.

After all these posts no one can show another racquet that looks like the APD.

But ya know what??? This is getting really childish at this point .

This is no longer fun.

I'm out.

All he did was ask for you to prove the existence of a patent. Post a link to it and he'll stop asking. But until you do, his claim stands.

alidisperanza
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Alidisperanza

I believe you but you might get another result with matching the kobra and apd.

It seems you like the prestige more than the modified radical which is playable but no prestige so why didn't you sell the radical instead of the prestige??

Check out my signature :) Time ago I played with the radicals and loved them-- they were my developmental sticks but I started to seriously hurt my wrist and couldn't play with them anymore. Switched to the prestige and loved it but ultimately I didn't have the same serve precision/ power as I did with my Radicals. I kept playing with them (Prestiges) because they allowed me to play pain free. Once I healed enough, I changed my strings/ tension/ stroke and am able to play with my Rads again.

I still have a couple prestiges but they're YT

Pro_Tour_630
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
international patent on babolate VS

http://fr.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=FR&NR=2844721A1&KC=A1&FT=D&date=20040326&DB=fr.espacenet.com&locale=fr_FR

see page 10-11 and you will see the patent photos of the aeropro drive

Cup8489
02-16-2012, 05:12 PM

[K]obra Tour disagrees http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/img2722br3.jpg/sr=1

SFrazeur
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Clearly: Yonex Muscle Power Grommets.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMv-MPtgZ798yV1sMWg6nQXeIh7p3F21Ekx_ieXz-5vqKDFZ5Xnz-_GG-g

http://www.yonexusa.com/images/tennis/musclepower.jpg

-SF

nalvarado
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Too serious to be Fedace.... too coherent to be buckethead....

Who is this guy?

LOL.

10bannedposters

SFrazeur
02-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Rounding off the string holes is hardly a new and unique concept. It has been around for decades.

Here are some shots of Federer's and Sampras's racquet stung with power pads, they are located on the grommets under the throat bridge at 6 o'clock

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/SFrazeur/1074247.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/SFrazeur/72218654.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/vrvs7s.jpg

-SF

SFrazeur
02-16-2012, 05:36 PM

"Ralph Nadal and the Aero Pro Drive

The aero technology in the Aero Pro Drive racquet was first patented in 2004 and sponsored immediately by Rafael Nadal; four years later he was ATP world number one. The aero modular design of the racquet frame provides greater stability and a faster swing. The circumventing woofer, the cortex frame joint and the aero modular frame are the three technologies of the Aero Drive Pro that combine to make one of the highest performing racquets on the market. This racquet is 27 inches in length and has a head size of 100 square inches.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6036940

Did you forget about the posting of the Pro Supex (Aero) Dynamic?

They can patent their proprietary shape, however, being aerodynamic or claiming to be is not something you can patent.

-SF

SFrazeur
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_hL4up7uAV_ORW6grGiTjQpUOubU_M 4OgKJivQ5E6UeGOmCtWeJsxVQ-v

I have suddenly seen the light. . .

The Babolat AeroPro Drive is a revolutionary, patented and unique racquet.
. . . . .

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM

http://fr.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=FR&NR=2844721A1&KC=A1&FT=D&date=20040326&DB=fr.espacenet.com&locale=fr_FR

Whoa cool! Thanks! Here are the patent claims -- can anyone give a translation?

1. Cadre (2; 102) de raquette de tennis (1; 101), comprenant un manche (4; 104) et un tamis (8; 108) 5 prolongeant ce manche, ce tamis comportant une tête (81; 1081) opposée au manche, ainsi que deux côtés latéraux (82; 1082), disposés de part et d'autre de cette tête, caractérisé en ce que, au moins sur les deux côtés latéraux (82; 1082), ce cadre présente une dimension parallèle à un 10 plan de cordage (P), ou largeur (1; 11), qui est supérieure

à une dimension perpendiculaire à ce plan de cordage (P), ou hauteur (H; HI), et en ce que ce cadre est pourvu de deux méplats intérieurs (22; 122) , qui sont disposés de façon globalement symétrique par rapport à ce plan de 15 cordage (P).

2. Cadre selon la revendication 1, caractérisé en ce que les côtés (82; 1082) s'étendent selon un secteur angulaire (D) qui est compris entre 30 et 1200, de

préférence entre 70 et 1200.

3. Cadre selon la revendication 1 ou 2, caractérisé en ce que la longueur (L; LI) des méplats (22; 122) est

supérieure à 5 mm, de préférence à 15 mm.

4. Cadre selon l'une quelconque des revendications

précédentes, caractérisé en ce que le rayon de courbure 25 (p; Pi) de ces méplats (22; 122) est supérieur à 10 mm, de

préférence à 30 mm.

5. Cadre selon l'une quelconque des revendications

précédentes, caractérisé en ce que le cadre est pourvu de deux branches divergentes (14; 114), s'étendant à partir 30 du manche (4; 104) en direction du tamis (8; 108), et en ce que chaque branche est pourvue de deux méplats extérieurs (14'; 114'), globalement symétriques par

rapport au plan de cordage (P).

6. Cadre selon la revendication 5, caractérisé en ce que les méplats extérieurs (14'; 114') possèdent une longueur (L'; L'I) supérieure à 5 mm, de préférence à 15 mm, ainsi qu'un rayon de courbure (p'; P'l) qui est supérieur à 10 mm, de préférence à 30 mm.

7. Cadre selon l'une quelconque des revendications

précédentes, caractérisé en ce que le cadre (2) possède une largeur (1') qui est supérieure à sa hauteur (H'),

également dans la zone de la tête (81) du tamis (8).

8. Cadre selon la revendication 7, caractérisé en ce qu'il est prévu deux arêtes saillantes (24), disposées de façon symétrique par rapport au plan de cordage (P), qui s'étendent au moins dans la région de la tête (81) et des

côtés (82).

9. Cadre selon l'une quelconque des revendications 1 à

6, caractérisé en ce que, au moins dans une région médiane de la tête (1082), la hauteur (H'1) du cadre est supérieure

à sa largeur (l').

10. Raquette de tennis (1; 101) comprenant un cadre 20 (2; 102) comportant un tamis (8; 108), ainsi qu'un cordage (10; 110) tendu autour de ce tamis, caractérisée en ce que ce cadre (2; 102) est conforme à l'une

quelconque des revendications précédentes.

drakulie
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Holy ***** this thread is hilarious.

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-10-George-Costanza.gif

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
1. Frame (2, 102) tennis racket (1, 101), comprising a handle (4, 104) and a string bed(8, 10 5 extending this handle, this string bed having a head (81; 1081) opposite the handle, and two lateral sides (82; 1082), arranged on either side of this head, characterized in that, at least on both lateral sides (82; 1082), the framework has a dimension parallel plane to a 10 rope (P) or width (1, 11), which is greater

to a dimension perpendicular to the stringing plane (P), or height (H; HI), and in that the framework is provided with two internal flats (22, 122), which are arranged generally symmetrically with respect to this 15 string plane (P).

2. Frame according to claim 1, characterized in that the sides (82; 1082) extend in an angular sector (D) which is between 30 and 1200,

preferably between 70 and 1200.

3. Frame according to claim 1 or 2, characterized in that the length (L; LI) of the flats (22, 122) is

greater than 5 mm, preferably 15 mm.

4. Frame according to any one of claims

preceding, characterized in that the radius of curvature 25 (p, Pi) of these flats (22, 122) is greater than 10 mm,

preferably to 30 mm.

5. Frame according to any one of claims

preceding, characterized in that the frame is provided with two diverging branches (14, 114), extending from 30 of the handle (4, 104) towards the string bed (8, 10, and in that each branch is provided two external flats (14 ', 114'), generally symmetrical

relative to the stringing plane (P).

6. Frame according to claim 5, characterized in that the external flats (14 ', 114') have a length (L '; The I) greater than 5 mm, preferably to 15 mm and a radius of curvature ( p '; P'l) which is greater than 10 mm, preferably 30 mm.

7. Frame according to any one of claims

preceding, characterized in that the frame (2) has a width (1 ') which is greater than its height (H'),

also in the region of the head (81) of the string bed (.

8. Frame according to claim 7, characterized in that it is provided with two sharp edges (24), arranged symmetrically in relation to the stringing plane (P), which extend at least in the region of the head (81) and

sides (82).

9. Frame according to any one of claims 1 to

6, characterized in that, at least in a middle region of the head (1082), the height (H'1) of the frame is greater than

to its width (l ').

10. Tennis racket (1, 101) comprising a frame 20 (2, 102) having a string bed (8, 10, and a rope (10, 110) stretched around this string bed, characterized in that said frame (2; 102) is according to any one

preceding claim.

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
ask and you shall receive.

breaking it down, there is nothing here unique to the APD, but teh translation might be dodgy

klementine79
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Timbo's sippin' on the kool-aid... :smile:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/klementine79/drink-the-kool-aid.jpg

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Timbo's sippin' on the kool-aid... :smile:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/klementine79/drink-the-kool-aid.jpg

it's friday afternoon in my part of the world fella...

klementine79
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
^ Just messin' with 'ya.... all in good fun.

VolleyKing...??? What say you to the translated manuscripts from the babolatian vault ???

OnyxZ28
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Timbo:
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/gallery/data/500/big_bowdown.gif

klementine79
02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
^ Nice. But it reads like a google translation. For a native english speaker to translate and write out that article in a matter of 9 minutes is pushing it. 30 minutes tops.

flashfire276
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
How would it be unique if AeroPro's are practically everywhere you look? It's like saying that a white Toyota Camry is unique.
That's just my POV on it. But it is an interesting racquet, since it did bring the whole "spin for the win" hype.

Hi I'm Ray
02-17-2012, 04:05 AM

Nope, its not unique there either. The majority of frames in the 11.4oz and under range feel hollow, not just Babolats as some would try to make it seem.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 04:21 AM

Ha!!! You guys are screwed !!!! I hired the best law firm at TW

Protour & Protour!!! They are expensive but damn they are good!!!

Johnny Pro Tour ESq went TWarvard and quickly passes the bar exam. He has freed Mr oport Simpson in one of the most famous defenses of the. OPORTS ever seen. Absolutely brilliant !!

Unfortunately My lawyers have advised me not to comment on the uniqueness of the APD as even though he has already won the case and it over . Rather because if I am to tell my story then I should be paid for a book deal.

Hey guys ,

I'm not commenting in the uniqueness p the racquet anymore.....

But what I am actually amazed at is the racism on this board.

That's right .....you hear me right racism.

Not against color but against racquets!!! :-)

All racquets should be treated equally, regardless of who produces them, or which players use them.

I propose an amendment to the TW constitution where all racquets are given equal protection of the laws and those who discriminate based on a pro who uses a particular racquet be punished under the law .

Uh oh .......the TW KKK lynch mob are soon gonna hang me . Bye. :-)

Hi I'm Ray
02-17-2012, 04:59 AM
But what I am actually amazed at is the racism on this board.

That's right .....you hear me right racism.

Not against color but against racquets!!! :-)

racism is about race, I'm not so sure that applies to rackets...

But yeah, the hating of brands & rackets is pretty pathetic. There are real problems out there and ppl are pullin out some lame ***** like that. I remember back in the day when ppl where hating on Wilson because they were the most popular brand & the obvious target. Ppl were saying wilson sucks, especially the hammer line. Ppl just love to hate.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 05:03 AM

But yeah, the hating of brands & rackets is pretty pathetic. There are real problems out there and ppl are pullin out some lame ***** like that. I remember back in the day when ppl where hating on Wilson because they were the most popular brand & the obvious target. Ppl were saying wilson sucks, especially the hammer line. Ppl just love to hate.

Racquets are people too! :-)

I highly recommend the firm of pro tour & pro tour to defend the rights
Of racquets on this board.

My hats off to Johnny Cochran Protour esq. !

Thank you.

The TW KKK better be careful now because racquet racism is not gonna happen
On Johnny Cochran Pro tours watch . :-)

El Diablo
02-17-2012, 05:08 AM
^^ Virtually every racquet I've used in the past decade has had a patent number or patent-pending number on it. It's not a very meaningful indicator.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 05:54 AM
^^ Virtually every racquet I've used in the past decade has had a patent number or patent-pending number on it. It's not a very meaningful indicator.

My attorney Mr Pro tour has advised me that contractually you are barred from
Discussing this matter any further . Please read the fine print on the agreement.

All he did was ask for you to prove the existence of a patent. Post a link to it and he'll stop asking. But until you do, his claim stands.

put up or shut up!

Boricua
02-17-2012, 07:03 AM
We're still waiting. It's not that hard to find a patent. For example, here is Babolat's patent covering the Y-line of rackets:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=kBHsAQAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=babolat&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mok9T4X7DI7S4QTry8XBCA&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAQ

Here is Wilson's recently issued patent covering "articulating grommets:"
http://www.google.com/patents/US7887444?dq=articulating+grommets&ei=AIo9T6v4DJSL4gTlqqC_CA

That took me 30 seconds to find. Surely a search for Babolat's patent covering its "unique," "revolutionary" technology would not be difficult?

When I asked the original question. I did not even think or bothered about the patent. Im a lawyer and it would be interesting to know about the patent, but my question was directed towards the way the Aero plays, its shape or overall characteristcis. Thats what I meant by unique.

ArliHawk
02-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Who cares if it's unique? I think it's a great racket.

Power Player
02-17-2012, 07:14 AM
I think the Pro Kennex Destiny was the first Pure Drive.

Babolat made the Pure Drive from the PK mold and then took that design and made the APD so they could have their own original version.

So if the APD's aero throat is that unique and special to you..thats awesome.

Just figured I'd drop some more info in here, not looking for a battle.

alidisperanza
02-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Uh oh, you've incurred the knowledge of the Power Player. He's got Senior Partner Safin on his side.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 07:39 AM
I think the Pro Kennex Destiny was the first Pure Drive.

Babolat made the Pure Drive from the PK mold and then took that design and made the APD so they could have their own original version.

So if the APD's aero throat is that unique and special to you..thats awesome.

Just figured I'd drop some more info in here, not looking for a battle.

Holy crap !!! I think an appeal has been filed!! We even have real life lawyers getting involved!! Holy sheet.....I'm having fun again!!

As a side note......this is gonna cause the TW KKK to go nuts. ....well here goes....

I have a report of an inter racquet racial marriage!! Rumor has it that Pete Sampras has dropped his Wilson for a lowly Babolat !!! Is this true??

Maybe there will even one day be a president of TW that uses a Babolat ? Would his name be Barack Obamolat ?? :-)

Power Player
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
My bad, I thought you actually wanted to learn about the racquets. I didn't realize you were attempting comedy.

alidisperanza
02-17-2012, 07:54 AM
My bad, I thought you actually wanted to learn about the racquets. I didn't realize you were attempting comedy.

Pardon my humor, you were absolutely correct, this thread has just lost all plausible discussion value about 60 posts ago.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 07:55 AM

Actually I'd like to learn about racquets and have fun as well.

I found what you said actually fascinating .

Thank you.

Power Player
02-17-2012, 07:57 AM
It's all good guys. I wasn't sure what was going on..lol.

luishcorreia
02-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Vantage rullez!

I have 2 custom frames and just got a bast core..

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Vantage rullez!

I have 2 custom frames and just got a bast core..

I never saw what the big deal was about vantage.

It just a boring stick .

Back in the days when I used the APD I got a custom made vantage to be the same measurements as the APD but with a head grip because I liked the shape better.

The Vantage was far inferior to the APD. I will happily sell it to you of you want .

There's nothing wrong with Vantage. But they just make a plain old graphite racquet with virtually no technology behind it.

Their gimmick is that it's a "custom" stick. But actually they jut have so many stock models that there's bound to be one you like.

Donnay did the same thing the difference is that they have done something special by making just as many racquets of not more than vantage with customizable options plus they are the thinnest racquets on the market .

Vantage better step it up because from my vantage point Donnay has out vantaged vantage. :-)

ZeroSkid
02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I never saw what the big deal was about vantage.

It just a boring stick .

Back in the days when I used the APD I got a custom made vantage to be the same measurements as the APD but with a head grip because I liked the shape better.

The Vantage was far inferior to the APD. I will happily sell it to you of you want .

There's nothing wrong with Vantage. But they just make a plain old graphite racquet with virtually no technology behind it.

Their gimmick is that it's a "custom" stick. But actually they jut have so many stock models that there's bound to be one you like.

Donnay did the same thing the difference is that they have done something special by making just as many racquets of not more than vantage with customizable options plus they are the thinnest racquets on the market .

Vantage better step it up because from my vantage point Donnay has out vantaged vantage. :-)

I had a Donnay, one word to sum them up would be garbage, they are seriously lacking in the stability department. Anyways my Vantage is amazing, I think if you want a control oriented racquet with great feel it doesn't get much better than vantage. If you want a power racquet go with Babolat.

NetNinja68
02-17-2012, 12:02 PM

It sells more than any other racquet based primarily on Nadal using it.

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 12:15 PM

The same can be said for Feds stick.

I see 3.0 players using that 90 inch frame. Insanity .

VOLLEY KING
02-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I had a Donnay, one word to sum them up would be garbage, they are seriously lacking in the stability department. Anyways my Vantage is amazing, I think if you want a control oriented racquet with great feel it doesn't get much better than vantage. If you want a power racquet go with Babolat.

Whats so special about Vantage? It's just a boring piece of graphite. There's nothing to them.

NetNinja68
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM

oragne lovre
02-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Racism is bias about race, then bias about racquet should be RACQUETISM or RACKETISM :)

aerivus
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
He's either a troll or a idiot pretending to be a troll. Stop feeding him food. Now he's so absurd that it's not even funny to observe anymore

PrinceMoron
05-12-2012, 01:02 AM

Because you will be the only person with one..........

TheOneHander
05-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Good bump, good bump.

ArliHawk
05-12-2012, 05:39 AM
I really don't care if it's unique, it's a very good racquet.