PDA

View Full Version : B7 or 2K11

kaku
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Looking for a new pair of shoes, and I can't decide between the B7 and the 2K11. Used a B6 previously, didn't have any problems with that shoe aside from a longer break in time compared to my previous B5's. Should I get the B7 or the 2K11, which i heard is comfy right out of the box? I'm also open to other suggestions.

PED
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
The 2k11's is great right out of the box but they'll last you 9 to 10 weeks tops and there is no 6 month guarantee on them.

I really liked my 2k11's: very fast and excellent traction but the cushioning is not as nice as the barricades and my legs felt beat up a bit more than I'm used to.

the 2k11's are really low to the ground and are great for changing direction plus the herringbone rules on clay.

If you play mostly on clay(better durability), go for the 2k11's but otherwise, I'd stick with the barricade.

kingofstring
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Personally I would get the b7 b/c the durability guarentee and I think comfort is equal on them.

tennisjon
02-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Personally, I love the B7s. They have less break-in than prior generations, but they still need a few days of walk-around time to soften up. Once that happens, you get tremendous durability and stability. They are a little roomier than they used to be and the arch might be a little forward, but you get used to it in a day or so. The Nikes are more comfortable out of the box and likely stay that way, but lack the durability and its not even close.

ArliHawk
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
All these responses make me wonder how much we use the durability guarantee?

With my work schedule, I can't play enough to come close to wearing out a sole in 6 months. And the midsoles are pretty much worn out by the time you get a hole in teh sole.

In response the question, the 2K11s are crazy comfortable, but if the warranty is important, get the Barricades. The blue and orange ones look fantastic!

TheRed
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
All these responses make me wonder how much we use the durability guarantee?

With my work schedule, I can't play enough to come close to wearing out a sole in 6 months. And the midsoles are pretty much worn out by the time you get a hole in teh sole.

In response the question, the 2K11s are crazy comfortable, but if the warranty is important, get the Barricades. The blue and orange ones look fantastic!

I agree with you, especially for us older guys with sensitive joints and no time to play everyday. Luckily, I'm a toe dragger.

ArliHawk
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Looking for a new pair of shoes, and I can't decide between the B7 and the 2K11. Used a B6 previously, didn't have any problems with that shoe aside from a longer break in time compared to my previous B5's. Should I get the B7 or the 2K11, which i heard is comfy right out of the box? I'm also open to other suggestions.

Maybe the Barricade and the Ballistec might be a better comparison?

The Big Kahuna
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
2K11s all the way!

One of Nike's best shoes in years.

Anyone else get "black toe" with every pair of Barricades they buy? Something about the fit on narrow feet that does not work for me - seems to be a constant for the entire line. You toes slide forward when the shoe gets moist.

dr325i
02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
2K11s all the way!

One of Nike's best shoes in years.

Anyone else get "black toe" with every pair of Barricades they buy? Something about the fit on narrow feet that does not work for me - seems to be a constant for the entire line. You toes slide forward when the shoe gets moist.

They are the best shoes if you play on CLAY. Otherwise, as already mentioned, you would have to buy a lot of them. The durability is a total shame.

B7 are totally different from the B6 -- they are wider and do not affect the toes.I had the toe issues with the B4 and B5

spillai
02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
If durability is a factor, get the B7

zumzool
02-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I had the same dilemma a month ago as I was considering these two shoes. Previously I had worn the Barricade 6's and hated the break in time. but the B7s supposedly fix this....

I ended up going with the 2k11s because they were $45 cheaper... They're comfy but I think I'd rather have the B7s...Assuming they're better than the B6s i had, I suspect the B7s will have a bit more stability than the 2k11s.....

Now, whether that's worth an extra $45 is another question.... if durability is an issue than get the B7s.

kaku
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM
How does the comfort of the B7 stack up against the 4.3 in terms of the arch? Specifically, which shoe seems to have a more forward arch, and which one has a higher arch?