PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Bio 200 vs Dunlop Bio 300 Tour vs Head YT IG Prestige MP

falc02
02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

After much contemplation I decided to change racquets. I used to use the Head YT Radical Pro. However after starting to play more competitively and not just coach I realized these racquets was greatly lacking control. I have been reading through all the fantastic information available on these forums and after much deliberation I have demoed the Dunlop Bio 200 vs Dunlop Bio 300 Tour. And still want to demo the Head YT IG Prestige MP.

I tried the Bio200 first and thoroughly enjoyed it (due to its control) however after about a week demoing I felt that I could not get enough spin on ground strokes and serves were sluggish and slow. I also got a sore forearm after a few sets of play.

I found the Bio300T to be a solid racquet, maneuverable with much better spin access and good control. Even with crappy demo strings. I agree with other users and found that it could do with a little more weight. If I was going to buy this racquet I would add a leather grip and some let tape (9 and 3 o'clock positions). I feel this would beef it up and further increase the racquets performance.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about what they think in regards to the Head YT IG Prestige MP in comparison to these two Dunlop racquets.

Also any advice in general would be amazing, I cannot for the life of me decide :(.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
FALC

JGads
02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

After much contemplation I decided to change racquets. I used to use the Head YT Radical Pro. However after starting to play more competitively and not just coach I realized these racquets was greatly lacking control. I have been reading through all the fantastic information available on these forums and after much deliberation I have demoed the Dunlop Bio 200 vs Dunlop Bio 300 Tour. And still want to demo the Head YT IG Prestige MP.

I tried the Bio200 first and thoroughly enjoyed it (due to its control) however after about a week demoing I felt that I could not get enough spin on ground strokes and serves were sluggish and slow. I also got a sore forearm after a few sets of play.

I found the Bio300T to be a solid racquet, maneuverable with much better spin access and good control. Even with crappy demo strings. I agree with other users and found that it could do with a little more weight. If I was going to buy this racquet I would add a leather grip and some let tape (9 and 3 o'clock positions). I feel this would beef it up and further increase the racquets performance.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about what they think in regards to the Head YT IG Prestige MP in comparison to these two Dunlop racquets.

Also any advice in general would be amazing, I cannot for the life of me decide :(.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
FALC

Demo the Prestige. It sounds exactly what you're looking for, right between those two sticks in terms of weight/swinging/control. It's a very, very good frame.

RacketFever
02-16-2012, 02:35 AM
I agree with Jgads. The Ig Prestige MP Is a Great racket, but i found that you need to have very verticle swing path in order to generate a good amount of spin. I suggest you demo the Ig Prestige Pro too. The feel on the Prestige pro is not as awesome as the MP, but it gets close to it while offering more power and spin.

falc02
02-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Unfortunately I am in Australia and i have been told they have not bringing that racquet out here. I will double check however that would be an issue.