PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm Tour - Wow

c_hari_c
02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
I managed to pick 3 of these sticks on the bay after demoing it for a week. I am talking about the non GT version that came out in 2009.This is the best racket I have ever hit with. I am coming along the lines of the Prostaff 90, K90 line and this is a welcome sign for my arm and elbow. I use Head Fibergel Power 17 on this racket. All I can say is amazing. Can someone be able to help me customize this racket as it still feels little lighter to me especially coming from a 12 plus oz prostaff line. I am definitely keeping these for a while.

KenC
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
The pre-GT PST is a great racquet! I have one and also have 2 PSTGTs. I also have the pre-GT PSLGT but it isn't even close in performance compared to the PSLGT; the GT makes the PSL a great racquet. But on the PST it just offers a different feel that some will like better and some will not.

As for weight, note that the PST has a lot of power, especially when you step in and drill the ball. For that reason I wouldn't put any more weight on the hoop. I would start by taking off the grip and putting on a heavy leather grip. Then slowly add lead tape to the throat area. This gives more plow thru but adds little additional power. If you want more head light add lead well below the balance point in the throat. If you want less head light I suppose you can put tape in the top of the throat or even at 6 on the hoop but you will add power.

mikeler
02-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Like KenC said, I'd avoid adding much or any lead to the hoop. I developed shoulder problems after doing so. Weight in the handle will make it more head light which will be even more arm friendly.

c_hari_c
02-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Sounds like a good suggestion. I will try adding lead in slow increments in the throat and see how it plays.

TimmyG
02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
I switched the base grip on mine to leather and put an over grip on. All 3 of them ended up being right around 12.5oz without any lead tape added and felt amazing

KOtennis
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
just like the other 3 posters, i also use leather grip, and under it i added lead tape on the handle.
all my PST are 4 1/4 grip size, so adding the lead tape+leather grip+over grip makes it almost 4 3/8.

i have 4 of these, all weigh in at around 12.7oz. and about 9 pt headlight.

mikeler
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Leather grips are a good first start for adding weight to this racket.

SlapShot
02-17-2012, 05:54 AM
I agree re: leather grips. I have leather on all of mine, and after leather and an overgip, they're all right around 332g unstrung, which puts them in Pro Staff land, both weight and balance-wise.

parasailing
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
The pre-GT PST is a great racquet! I have one and also have 2 PSTGTs. I also have the pre-GT PSLGT but it isn't even close in performance compared to the PSLGT; the GT makes the PSL a great racquet. But on the PST it just offers a different feel that some will like better and some will not.

As for weight, note that the PST has a lot of power, especially when you step in and drill the ball. For that reason I wouldn't put any more weight on the hoop. I would start by taking off the grip and putting on a heavy leather grip. Then slowly add lead tape to the throat area. This gives more plow thru but adds little additional power. If you want more head light add lead well below the balance point in the throat. If you want less head light I suppose you can put tape in the top of the throat or even at 6 on the hoop but you will add power.

Yeah this racquet doesn't need lead tape in the hoop and I agree, if you step into the ball, it's got a lot of power. Only racquet that has more is the KPS 88 but this one plays much softer and not as stiff on the arm.

I am trying to track down a Pure Control which is the racquet before they change the name to Pure Storm to see how it plays. I heard that it is a much more solid racquet and wondering if anyone here has hit with it and can compare to the Pure Storm Tour line.