PDA

View Full Version : Yonex EZONE Xi... my new frame?

Peter Szucs
02-16-2012, 07:26 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/6st5vo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/20fz30o.jpg

Dont know yet but first hit was tempting. :)

Will test it further this evening.

nickarnold2000
02-16-2012, 07:38 AM
How does it compare power wise to the Organix 8?

MAXXply
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
A bit shallow of me but that white bit painted on the side destroys the black beauty of that frame. It should've stayed black to keep the symmetry of the paintjob. Shame.

ArliHawk
02-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Sharp looking frame.

Jack Romeo
02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/6st5vo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/20fz30o.jpg

Dont know yet but first hit was tempting. :)

Will test it further this evening.

what were you using before?

ArliHawk
02-16-2012, 08:58 AM
What's it strung with?

Peter Szucs
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
How does it compare power wise to the Organix 8?

the xi has a little less power than the x8

Peter Szucs
02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
what were you using before?

my current frame is the Volkl Organix 8.

Peter Szucs
02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
What's it strung with?

MSV Hex 1.27

donnygg
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
A bit shallow of me but that white bit painted on the side destroys the black beauty of that frame. It should've stayed black to keep the symmetry of the paintjob. Shame.

Symmetry is boring

XFactorer
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
The Xi98 is my new favorite!

Bartelby
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
It would look better if a white overgrip picked up the white on the shaft.

Nostradamus
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I was not impressed with this frame. I really prefer the RDIS and RQIS rackets much better. much more of solid frames. maybe the demos were strung with bad multi ? not sure. i hit with it for good 2 hours and was not impressed.

Peter Szucs
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
It would look better if a white overgrip picked up the white on the shaft.

That is probably true, white would fit better.
I do really like how the frame looks btw. It has an outstanding quality paintjob just like with all Yonex racquets.To me colours are nicely matched, not too classy and not too modern. The frame looks pretty bulky in the hand but the black paintjob takes some of that feeling away.

i had a 2 hour hit with it last night i will post a brief review soon

Peter Szucs
02-17-2012, 03:17 AM
After the second hitting session i think i really start to love her.

After years of playtesting it is obvious that what i need in a racquet most is the right power/control combo and high racquet head stability at ball contact.
Under the right power/control combo i mean the maximum possible power that i can still control with my medium long strokes.
Btw i put good amount of spin on my driving fh while i hit a flatter with less spin with my 2hbh.

The Yonex Ezone Xi is a very well made quality frame that feels a little bulky in the hand, but not so during hitting. Its throat area is half way between a conventional throat design and the Babolat aero drive series. The handle is long enough for a very very comfortable 2 handed grip, its probably the best grip i have tried on normal length racquets for the second hand.

During hitting the first thing i noticed was its extreme stability and the huge sweet spot. Those two things make things easy at the baseline. Remember that its only a 300gr racquet but its more stable than most 310-320gr frames that i have tried.
Second thing i noticed was the inherent power and spin potential. Just like Yonex frames in general spin production is super easy and thats very welcome when you want to control the power this racquet offers. Its not as powerful as a pure drive or other 70+ stiff tweeners but quite close to them. In other words it needs a little longer, i would say medium long strokes to get it all out.
Beside that i have to mention feel.. This thing definitely feels great when hitting the ball. Great ball cupping and dwell time with a soft, smooth feel is something that is not common or should i say very rare in the tweener type racquet category. Those who felt that the Vcore series had some sort of "plastic" feel to them (i did) should try this one before making a general comment on Yonex frames feeling hollow.

So in short this is what i had to tell after a the first couple of hours with this beauty. Again this is only after a short time with her so my impressions may change a bit later on.