PDA

View Full Version : Power of Head Prestige IG Mid ?

DNA2002
02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
I am traditional Head Prestige user.
I am now using Prestige Youtek MP.

In recent TW's review, prestige IG mid is so powerful even than IG midplus.
Honestly, I loved Prestige Classic 600. But its low power made me change into MP.
But if the IG mid's power is improved, i would switch to mid.

Do you think IG mid is much better than previous mid in terms of power?
How can i interpret IG mid is more power than IG midplus in TW's review?
Do you think prestige IG mid is so exaggerated in TW's review? (look: overall 86 point than MP's 79 point)

any comments, appreciate!

Dgdavid
02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Compare the scores of people that played with both on the TW reviews e.g Chris. The MP score seems diluted by reviewers stepping up to the MP that didn't review the Mid at all.

I have both but selling the Mid already. I play far better with Midplus but look out for the thread VSBabolat started on MP and Mid for some very informed discussion by better players than me!

DNA2002
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Compare the scores of people that played with both on the TW reviews e.g Chris. The MP score seems diluted by reviewers stepping up to the MP that didn't review the Mid at all.

I have both but selling the Mid already. I play far better with Midplus but look out for the thread VSBabolat started on MP and Mid for some very informed discussion by better players than me!

thanks a lot
Did you use Youtek prestige mp(previous version)?
If you compare youtek prestige mp and prestige IG mp, i appreciate!

fuzz nation
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Power is sort of tough to quantify. I usually get more of it from my gear if the racquet has more weight, more stiffness, or a little of both. Those two things pretty much give me more "pop" or more lively response at contact, just so long as the racquet isn't too heavy for me to actually use (paging Mr. Mongo).

Having more power in my racquet can be desirable, but if I want more power in my game, that could mean that I want more control from my racquet. I found that with my soft Volkl C10's when I switched away from my stiff, hefty old ProStaffs. Even though the Volkls had a little less pop, they gave me a lot more control, so I could effectively hit my strokes much harder, yet still keep them on the court. Hope this makes sense.

If you can compare the spec's of the newer mid to your older ones, I'd say look for a little more stiffness in a manageable weight for you. If the flex rating is roughly the same, I'd expect the heavier one to have a little more thump on tap.

Alzer
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM

I think I'm currently the owner of your ex IG Radical Pro... the chap that bought it from you (my doubles partner) has given it to me to play test with as he wasn't too keen on it. I'm Currently 'Watching' your IG mid ;)

Bartelby
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Low power follows from low swingweight and at 310 the mp is very low, whereas 317 is reasonable although low for the weight.

Dgdavid
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
I think I'm currently the owner of your ex IG Radical Pro... the chap that bought it from you (my doubles partner) has given it to me to play test with as he wasn't too keen on it. I'm Currently 'Watching' your IG mid ;)

Blimey, small world. Wasn't overly keen on the IG Rad Pro, I felt it was too flexy for me although my serves were amazing with it. The Mid is a lovely racket and my forehand is good with it but my back hand suffered a lot. Needs a better player than me to wield the Mid against players with pace but I imagine it is an absolute weapon in the right hands.

ps. go on, buy the Mid of me. It's got Alzer written all over it (in felt tip :))

Dgdavid
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
thanks a lot
Did you use Youtek prestige mp(previous version)?
If you compare youtek prestige mp and prestige IG mp, i appreciate!

I am a first timer with the MP so IG is the only one I have hit with other than my Mid. However, the owner of the shop I buy rackets from in the UK used to steer me away from the Youtek version but virtually forced me to take the IG version and said I might like it (and I did, switched to it in fact).

Alzer
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Blimey, small world. Wasn't overly keen on the IG Rad Pro, I felt it was too flexy for me although my serves were amazing with it. The Mid is a lovely racket and my forehand is good with it but my back hand suffered a lot. Needs a better player than me to wield the Mid against players with pace but I imagine it is an absolute weapon in the right hands.

ps. go on, buy the Mid of me. It's got Alzer written all over it (in felt tip :))

I just like collecting rackets it seems, I know I wouldn't play with it in matches either. Those days are behind me :) Would like to hit with it given the great review it's getting... we shall see ;)

Out of curiosity where do you buy your frames, I see you're in Surrey so could it be the *** Farnham store? Its about the only decent tennis shop around.

ryushen21
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
The MP is by the far the easier to play with. The Mid has better feel and, at least for me, hits a better ball. If you played with the mid previously and loved it, this version could be right up your alley.

Alzer
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I still bring out one of my many mids for a hit now and then and I love how they feel - especially the Prestige Pro 600 (Gen 2 I think) but it's just too much effort in a match when your opponent is using some 100 Sq inch spin monster. It is oh-so-sweet when you're on your game, though.

Dgdavid
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I just like collecting rackets it seems, I know I wouldn't play with it in matches either. Those days are behind me :) Would like to hit with it given the great review it's getting... we shall see ;)

Out of curiosity where do you buy your frames, I see you're in Surrey so could it be the *** Farnham store? Its about the only decent tennis shop around.

Yes, Farnham and the Wimbledon branch is also very good but doesn't have a rebound net there. I think their Bank Manager probably knows my name! Both about 30 mins drive from me (Weybridge).

DNA2002
02-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Actually my main concern is whether the Mid has enough power than the MP.
Is there anyone who compares the IG mid's power to IG mp or previous youtek mp?