PDA

View Full Version : wilson k six one 95

acintya
02-17-2012, 10:15 AM
is the wilson k six one 95 a good racquet for an intermediate player?

ryushen21
02-17-2012, 10:24 AM
It's great if you want your arm to fall off after about an hour of hitting. Harshest, stiffest frame I have ever hit with.

HEADfamilydynasty
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
It's great if you want your arm to fall off after about an hour of hitting. Harshest, stiffest frame I have ever hit with.

What was your string and tension because it was one the "crispiest soft" rackets i've hit with(16/18). Spin was insane, the ball dipped like stones in the water. control was the same. if you use it right you can hit a dime and the plow was perfect. its one of the few i've hit with that i didn't feel the need to customize.:shock:

Torres
02-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Harshest, stiffest frame I have ever hit with.

You can't have hit with many frames then.

HEADfamilydynasty
02-17-2012, 10:46 AM

that is true.:lol:

acintya
02-17-2012, 10:55 AM
everybody say that the pros has pj why doesnt del potro have it :)

ZeroSkid
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
short answer: no

bluetrain4
02-17-2012, 11:37 AM
You need to define "intermediate" a little more.

K 95 never got a lot of love, espcially since so many people loved the nCode, which it replaced (and was considerably softer), and seemed to like the BLX which came after it.

It's not the greatest Wilson 95 ever, but with the right string job, it's pretty great, IMO.

acintya
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
i am 25 years old play 2-3 times a week about 3 years have a one handed backhand and eastern forehand a powerfull serve. now i play with the blx 90 i lead it up bacause its to hl but now maybe a litle to heavy.i used to play with a k six one 90 it was 300g unstrung and i thik i was better than

Seth
02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
i am 25 years old play 2-3 times a week about 3 years have a one handed backhand and eastern forehand a powerfull serve. now i play with the blx 90 i lead it up bacause its to hl but now maybe a litle to heavy.i used to play with a k six one 90 it was 300g unstrung and i thik i was better than

o3 Blue and call it a day.

sunof tennis
02-17-2012, 01:55 PM

If I understand what you are saying you have played with the K90 and are wondering how you would do with the K95. Personally, while the K90 is a demanding racquet because of its headsize and weight, I liked it a lot better than the K95. Had more feel and more control. The extra 5 sq. inches is nice, but the K95's swing weight is higher than the K90 and stiffer and harder on the arm. I would try the BLX version or the NCode version before the K95. Sorry if I misunderstood your last post.

redbirdone
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm an "intermediate" level player and I love my K95s...I keep cheating on them with other good looking babies, but in the end they just don't give me that lovin' feeling like the K95s do and I keep crawling back begging for forgiveness...

tlm
02-17-2012, 06:44 PM

I agree that stick gave me pain even in my neck from serving, way to harsh.

chrisberchris
02-17-2012, 07:12 PM
The best thing about this stick is that it shows you where your technique is lacking. It will bring you up from an intermediate player and make you better. If you can handle the weight, go for it. But, you need to use a racquet that feels good to you, not what some guys on a forum say. If you like it, play with it and learn from it

ryushen21
02-18-2012, 04:54 AM
What was your string and tension because it was one the "crispiest soft" rackets i've hit with(16/18). Spin was insane, the ball dipped like stones in the water. control was the same. if you use it right you can hit a dime and the plow was perfect. its one of the few i've hit with that i didn't feel the need to customize.:shock:

I was using SPPPP at 55/53 in 18x20 version. I don't disagree that the stick hits a massive shot and has good control but I do not get where you are getting anywhere near a soft feel out of that frame. Maybe if it had been strung with full gut at 45.

I've actually hit with quite a few but I will admit that my own preference is towards those frames that have more flex. Just curious though, what frames would you say are stiffer or harsher?

I agree that stick gave me pain even in my neck from serving, way to harsh.

I never had that but I do remember rather clearly that I hit with the frame for about an 2 hours and had some noticeable elbow pain immediately. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who had a bad experience with this frame.

HEADfamilydynasty
02-18-2012, 05:00 AM
I was using SPPPP at 55/53 in 18x20 version. I don't disagree that the stick hits a massive shot and has good control but I do not get where you are getting anywhere near a soft feel out of that frame. Maybe if it had been strung with full gut at 45.

It was strung up with syn gut, i dont use poly. That's probably why.

tyu1314
02-18-2012, 05:43 AM
lol, when i first start playing tennis , the racquet i bought is k six one 95 16x18, and i the reason i bought i because i thought it was federer's racquet. :shock:

Cfidave
02-18-2012, 05:58 AM
I have been playing with the K6.1 95 18x20 for several years. Never bothered my arm, strung with a poly hybrid, I would not call the racquet stiff, but would call it firm, and very much a control racquet. I have full stokes and like to hit the ball hard, the K6.1 has power but IMO, is not for players with short choppy type strokes. It is on the heavy side, but is also quite headlight, so it does come around nicely. The only racquet that I have tried that I like better is the new Head IG Youtek Prestige Pro, damn, what a stick!