PDA

View Full Version : New PDR vs old

TennisMD
02-18-2012, 07:05 AM
So those that hae hit with both and real difference. It appears new PDR received a more favorable review, but all new reviews are higher in ratings. Curious what other board members think

PrinceMoron
02-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Well, would love to help but 3 weeks after ordering still no show. Are the French all on holiday?

Dennison
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
I have new PDR. I have to say I never experienced such feel from Babolat racket, PD or APD. It doesn't feel hollow. I think swing weight is lower and it is much easier to swing. It swings like APD actually.

I think power is a bit less, but overall it is better than the previous PDR GT.
Spin, control and stability are excellent.

I strung it with Signum Tornado 1.23 54lbs full bed

srvnvly
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
It's so good, I made the switch from the APDGT. Lower swing weight, increased power and a comfortable racquet. It took me a few hits to get used to the higher static weight, but it didn't take long and I love the increased power.

tennisnut09
02-21-2012, 04:34 AM
I have new PDR. I have to say I never experienced such feel from Babolat racket, PD or APD. It doesn't feel hollow. I think swing weight is lower and it is much easier to swing. It swings like APD actually.

I think power is a bit less, but overall it is better than the previous PDR GT.
Spin, control and stability are excellent.

I strung it with Signum Tornado 1.23 54lbs full bed

How is the power level? Have you tried it with any other strings beside tornado? Thanks!

Dennison
02-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Power is there, I think it is more powerful than APDGT. Overall I found that power, spin and control are very nicely balanced. I never felt like there is too much power.

If you want massive power potential look at PDR +.

I only tried it with full bed Tornado

SVP
02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
The new PDR has a slightly plusher, less hollow, less clangy feel than the old PDR. The old PDR produces a little more sting on groundstrokes for me.

If I stare at the paint job on the old PDR too long, it starts to look tacky to me, but I still like it. The paint job on the the new PDR is cool- like a rave party, mostly black with red and blue highlights.

TennisMD
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
thanks for the replys

sandiegoman
02-21-2012, 08:45 PM
The new pure drive seems to have more spin potential also