PDA

View Full Version : Any Love for the Dunlop Bio 500 Tour?

SteveI
02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Have done a number of searches on Talk Tennis and read through the customer feedback and TW review (and video) posted. Not really that much buzz either way on this one. The TW review was mixed and maybe the 400 Tour did a bit better. The customer feeback seems very solid. I played and owned both the AG and the 4D sersions. The new Bio Tour seems much less stiff and powerful from specs and reports.. even underpowered??. The other 500 Tours never could be said to be a control frame.

Any thoughts.. loved it.. hated it??? Thanks..

SteveI
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Posted In The Wrong Section.. Just Reported Myself..;-(

tennisaddict2223
02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Have done a number of searches on Talk Tennis and read through the customer feedback and TW review (and video) posted. Not really that much buzz either way on this one. The TW review was mixed and maybe the 400 Tour did a bit better. The customer feeback seems very solid. I played and owned both the AG and the 4D sersions. The new Bio Tour seems much less stiff and powerful from specs and reports.. even underpowered??. The other 500 Tours never could be said to be a control frame.

Any thoughts.. loved it.. hated it??? Thanks..

I demoed the racquet before settling with the Dunlop 200 Plus. It is a great racquet and has great touch. A bit Sluggish at the net because of the balance (1 to 2 points head heavy) but the ground strokes pack a massive punch. It does have great control, but the power is there when you need it. I would definitely recommend it.

keithfival
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I demo'd about every frame in the category and the Bio 500 Tour was in my top 3 for sure. I just didn't happen to come across a cheap used one to try out further. Tons of easy power from the baseline and easy to use.

SteveI
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I demo'd about every frame in the category and the Bio 500 Tour was in my top 3 for sure. I just didn't happen to come across a cheap used one to try out further. Tons of easy power from the baseline and easy to use.

How does it compare to the AG and 4D versions?

Thanks for the insights..

keithfival
02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
How does it compare to the AG and 4D versions?

Thanks for the insights..

I didn't get to compare them with the same string job but my exp between the 4D and the Bio was:

4D- More solid feel, more control & directional precision, stiffer, a little harsh on my wrist even though the impact is muted, better touch and bigger sweet spot

Bio- More power, more spin, not as stiff but also not as solid feeling. Maybe faster swinging.

I am trying the 4D some and like the performance of it a ton but it maybe just be too stiff for my wrist. Definitely more of a precision and touch frame than the Bio which is just a spin & power monster to me. I may demo the Bio again actually.

JackB1
04-27-2013, 09:37 AM
anyone else coming we using this stick? I couldn't resist an incredible deal today and picked up two brand new ones for 60 bucks each! Can't wait to check them out, seems like all the review comments were favorable under the comments section.

LeeD
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Spec says a bit.....
4D has a SW of 325.
Bio5T more like 313.
Same overall weight, same stiffness basically.
My weighted Aero5's are in between, but closer to 322 SW with 18" of 1/4 lead at 10-2, and 24" of the same stuff in the handle above the buttcap.

JackB1
04-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Spec says a bit.....
4D has a SW of 325.
Bio5T more like 313.
Same overall weight, same stiffness basically.
My weighted Aero5's are in between, but closer to 322 SW with 18" of 1/4 lead at 10-2, and 24" of the same stuff in the handle above the buttcap.

The bio is 65 stiffness. Isn't the 4d around 69?

un6a
04-28-2013, 10:49 AM
I have one Bio 500 Tour. It is decent stick, although i prefer Bio 400 Tour a bit more. It have very open string pattern so string it with thick string, otherwise it will lose tension fast.

LeeD
04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
JackB1, good catch!
But I think TW is off here.
Old 4D500T was 71, new F5T is 70, all 500's are 68-70, so how can B5T be 65, when even 200Plus is 65 and all 300's are 64?
TW made a mistake.
Oh, I played 3 different Bio5T's, and they are as stiff or stiffer than my Aero5's.

KFwinds
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
anyone else coming we using this stick? I couldn't resist an incredible deal today and picked up two brand new ones for 60 bucks each! Can't wait to check them out, seems like all the review comments were favorable under the comments section.

I think you will enjoy your Bio 500T's. I have one that I also picked up on a whim, and while I still find my Ezone xi 100's to pack a little more punch I like to pull the 500T out every now and then. I added a little lead to it at 10 & 2 for some extra pop and stability. As someone else mentioned, it's pretty easy to use. It reminds me of the Wilson Pro Open but with a bit more feel and spin.

KFwinds
04-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh, and on the side - pics of this stick online don't do it justice. It's got that "chrome" finish that the other Dunlop Tours have and it looks sweet -

JackB1
04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh, and on the side - pics of this stick online don't do it justice. It's got that "chrome" finish that the other Dunlop Tours have and it looks sweet -

Yes, the paintjob is top notch.

zapvor
04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
i have the old AG 500 and i love them for serves. but i dont use it anymore. for the same amount of stiffness my rqis 1 xl is better

JackB1
04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
played for an hour today with a Bio 500T demo.
Swingweight felt much heavier than TW's (315?).
Felt around 325 to me. Very weighty in the hoop...
feels almost evenly balanced. Liked it pretty much.
Feels a little like the PD 2012. Pretty much a racquet that almost any 3.5-4.0 could pick up and use with minor adjustments needed. Great power and spin with the very open pattern. Not much not to like...maybe a tad stiff?
Had some nice pocketing and an enjoyable feel at impact.
Not sure if I will give up my Blade 104 for these, but a nice temptation at a bargain price!

scottydc5
04-29-2013, 07:27 PM
What kinda stiffness did it feel like?

JackB1
04-29-2013, 08:04 PM
What kinda stiffness did it feel like?

Felt firm with a little flex....like an upper 60s stiffness

un6a
04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
played for an hour today with a Bio 500T demo.
Swingweight felt much heavier than TW's (315?).
Felt around 325 to me. Very weighty in the hoop...
feels almost evenly balanced. Liked it pretty much.
Feels a little like the PD 2012. Pretty much a racquet that almost any 3.5-4.0 could pick up and use with minor adjustments needed. Great power and spin with the very open pattern. Not much not to like...maybe a tad stiff?
Had some nice pocketing and an enjoyable feel at impact.
Not sure if I will give up my Blade 104 for these, but a nice temptation at a bargain price!

I agree that Bio 500 Tour have nice feel and good pocketing. Narrow head shape make sweetspot smaller than others 100 inch head size rackets though.

scottydc5
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Anyone go from a pure drive to this? I been thinking about switching or maybe getting one for doubles play since it seems (from what i been reading) they are alil more manuverable and alil less pop and more control.

JackB1
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Anyone go from a pure drive to this? I been thinking about switching or maybe getting one for doubles play since it seems (from what i been reading) they are alil more manuverable and alil less pop and more control.

not much different really....not sure its worth a switch.

ryydman
05-03-2013, 04:07 AM

Less free power, smaller sweet spot, a little softer and a more traditional feel...