PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous price difference leadtape reel TW an TW Europe

martin
02-20-2012, 02:25 AM
I wanted to order a leadtape reel from tourna but because i live in Europe i want to order it from TW Europe also because of the shipping costs.
To my surprise the leadtape reel costs at TW international $29.99http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Lead_Tape_Reel_12_inch/descpageUNIQUE-LEADMED.html which is a normal price. But the same reel leadtape costs at TW Europe 71,90 eurohttp://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageACUNIQUE-LEADMED.html .

This doesn't make sense to me. It has to be a mistake!!!

Can anyone explain??

forthegame
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Can't explain but do you know anyone who travels between the US and Europe? Might be an option for you.

Hope TWE will give you a satisfactory answer, best of luck.

Bas
02-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Yes, with these prices I would never buy any leadtape reels from tenniswarehouse europe. If I calculated right, the small packages of tourna are +- the same price. How ridiculous is that..

Dave M
02-20-2012, 07:54 AM
There are a few oddities, (and of course the different prices depending on what country you want it shipped to before shipping) the TW hoodie is 37 euros or $20 from the US store!

jmverdugo
02-21-2012, 07:35 AM
You may want to check the customs taxes for things like lead tape. Also I guess it can be expensive to ship lead, not only because of the weight but because it is lead, I do not know in EU but in some countries just because it says lead the want to charge you with some hazardous materials fees. Anyway, I am just guessing.

NJ1
02-21-2012, 07:41 AM
That is a big difference for sure. Verdugo may be correct about the lead/safety point.

BTW, No price differences are more ridiculous than those of Nike. They try to charge people in the US $135 for a jacket that costs $98 in the UK, among myriad other examples.

scotus
02-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I wanted to order a leadtape reel from tourna but because i live in Europe i want to order it from TW Europe also because of the shipping costs.
To my surprise the leadtape reel costs at TW international $29.99http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Lead_Tape_Reel_12_inch/descpageUNIQUE-LEADMED.html which is a normal price. But the same reel leadtape costs at TW Europe 71,90 eurohttp://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageACUNIQUE-LEADMED.html .

This doesn't make sense to me. It has to be a mistake!!!

Can anyone explain??

You might want to post this question in the TWE section.

Just yesterday Meaghan got TWE to lower their prices on older Boris Becker racquets to match the TW prices.

martin
02-21-2012, 03:09 PM
You might want to post this question in the TWE section.

Just yesterday Meaghan got TWE to lower their prices on older Boris Becker racquets to match the TW prices.

This was their answer on my question:

we have found that the increase in price is related to
importing this particular item.

Unfortunately, it does cost quite a bit more to bring the Tourna Lead
Tape Reel into European countries from the United States as opposed to
ordering them domestically, as we do here.
__________________________________________________ _______________

As you see the price is three times higher because of the importing and they won't do anything about it which means i won't buy this particular item from TWE.

scotus
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
This was their answer on my question:

we have found that the increase in price is related to
importing this particular item.

Unfortunately, it does cost quite a bit more to bring the Tourna Lead
Tape Reel into European countries from the United States as opposed to
ordering them domestically, as we do here.
__________________________________________________ _______________

As you see the price is three times higher because of the importing and they won't do anything about it which means i won't buy this particular item from TWE.

I see. Why don't you check some golf stores or hardware stores to see if you can find lead tape at a cheaper price?

martin
02-22-2012, 02:30 AM
I see. Why don't you check some golf stores or hardware stores to see if you can find lead tape at a cheaper price?

I did and the problem has been solved.