PDA

View Full Version : Prince Warrior 100 Review Coming?

JackB1
02-20-2012, 05:49 AM
just wondering if you guys have one planned for this outstanding racquet?

TW Staff
02-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Yes, we just shot the video last week, so it shouldn't be too much longer for the video portion to be done.

Tiffani, TW

JackB1
02-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes, we just shot the video last week, so it shouldn't be too much longer for the video portion to be done.

Tiffani, TW

Sounds great. Please post one of those "tiny" links when its viewable, before it gets posted to the TW site.

This racquet should be a big hit with the 3.5-4.0 crowd.

Dgdavid
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Any news on this Tiffani? Any hints about whether it did well or not? Anyone switching?

TW Staff
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Dgdavid,

Our reviews are a little back up right but it should be out within the next week. I apologize for the delay. But I can give a sneak peak, the racquet got mixed reviews. Two playtesters really enjoyed it while the other two had some ups and downs.

Brittany, TW

Dgdavid
02-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Brittany, much appreciated.

JackB1
02-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Dgdavid,

Our reviews are a little back up right but it should be out within the next week. I apologize for the delay. But I can give a sneak peak, the racquet got mixed reviews. Two playtesters really enjoyed it while the other two had some ups and downs.

Brittany, TW

Let me guess... J said it wasn't maneuvarable enough :)

Won't change my opinion though. I love it!

TW Staff
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Let me guess... J said it wasn't maneuvarable enough :)

Won't change my opinion though. I love it!

Haha. Someones been paying attention to our reviews! Thanks for thinking of me, but I wasn't on the review. If I was though, I might say something like, "Although I did enjoy the power, I would've liked the swingweight to be slightly lower."

But I haven't had a chance to hit with it yet. Still, your comment made me laugh. Thanks! :-)

Jason, TW

TW Staff
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
JackB1,

I too liked the Warrior. I found it very similar to the EXO3 Black that I used to use and was very comfortable with it. Mike was also on the review and it is currently one of his favorite racquets. Chris and Tiffani, however had mixed feelings.

Brittany, TW

JackB1
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Haha. Someones been paying attention to our reviews! Thanks for thinking of me, but I wasn't on the review. If I was though, I might say something like, "Although I did enjoy the power, I would've liked the swingweight to be slightly lower."

But I haven't had a chance to hit with it yet. Still, your comment made me laugh. Thanks! :-)

Jason, TW

lol. You guys should have a contest where you review a racquet and we have to figure out who said what? I guarantee you I would get it 100% correct!

JackB1
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
JackB1,

I too liked the Warrior. I found it very similar to the EXO3 Black that I used to use and was very comfortable with it. Mike was also on the review and it is currently one of his favorite racquets. Chris and Tiffani, however had mixed feelings.

Brittany, TW

That's exactly what I would have thought. Its not Chris's style...he prefers a little lower powered stick and a smaller headsize. Tiffani probably found the swingweight too much for her, although she probably liked the power. I bet Tiff would like the Warrior Team though.

Glad to hear you liked it Britt. You know what's good :-). The Warrior plays great with a poly/syngut combo. Just tons of topspin that lets you rally from the baseline all day long and the power to out away those winners. Can't what to read the full review! You sure you guys don't need me to add my "point of view" :-). I wrote a little review in this thread:http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=412210

kabrac
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Spencer would probably say something like "I could see myself playing with this stick", while Gran would say " A bit out of my spec range, and I would have liked a leather grip."

TW Staff
02-29-2012, 07:08 AM
That's exactly what I would have thought. Its not Chris's style...he prefers a little lower powered stick and a smaller headsize. Tiffani probably found the swingweight too much for her, although she probably liked the power. I bet Tiff would like the Warrior Team though.

Glad to hear you liked it Britt. You know what's good :-). The Warrior plays great with a poly/syngut combo. Just tons of topspin that lets you rally from the baseline all day long and the power to out away those winners. Can't what to read the full review! You sure you guys don't need me to add my "point of view" :-). I wrote a little review in this thread:http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=412210

It wasn't the swingweight, as it swings pretty easily, though it doesn't whip through the air as fast as my Rebound Pro. I just don't think it fit my game. I generated more topspin than I was used to, and I usually hit a pretty flat ball, so depth was tough to control for me, especially when strung with a poly. I found the racquet to play much differently as string setups changed, and my play with it went accordingly. There was some OK power but I think the Black helped me more in that department as the Black played stiffer. Loved the comfort of the Warrior, though.

Tiffani, TW

JackB1
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
It wasn't the swingweight, as it swings pretty easily, though it doesn't whip through the air as fast as my Rebound Pro. I just don't think it fit my game. I generated more topspin than I was used to, and I usually hit a pretty flat ball, so depth was tough to control for me, especially when strung with a poly. I found the racquet to play much differently as string setups changed, and my play with it went accordingly. There was some OK power but I think the Black helped me more in that department as the Black played stiffer. Loved the comfort of the Warrior, though.

Tiffani, TW

More topspin sounds good to me! :-). I also hit semi flat and the additional spin I get from the Warrior is good for me as it lets me swing out a little more and it drops in near the baseline. Yes the Black was stiffer and more powerful. I think the Warrior is a perfect combo of power and control and comfort.

Thanks for the response...love you guys!

JackB1
03-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Any early Yu-Tube links to the video guys?

Dgdavid
03-02-2012, 07:52 AM
hey Jack,
I put my Warrior on hold whilst I tried the Prestige S. Would you say you are definitely post-honeymoon now and still love it?

JackB1
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
hey Jack,
I put my Warrior on hold whilst I tried the Prestige S. Would you say you are definitely post-honeymoon now and still love it?

Well its been about 2 weeks and still loving the Warrior and not having any 2nd thoughts. I have officially switched and have used it several times now in competitive play. I beat an opponent last both who has beaten me the prior 3 seasons and I won convincingly 4-6, 6-1, 6-1. I'm pretty sold. :-)

JackB1
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
how's that review coming ?

:-)

TW_VideoMasterMind
03-07-2012, 06:48 AM
how's that review coming ?

:-)

Just finished it. It's being reviewed right now and should be posted today. Sorry for the wait.

William, TW

BobFL
03-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Nice! Btw, I would like to see Foreword written by JackB: "The master of Switching"! How 'bout that? :D

TW_VideoMasterMind
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
video now posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twLuOqpB0T4

JackB1
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice! Btw, I would like to see Foreword written by JackB: "The master of Switching"! How 'bout that? :D

lol.

how about a % of the Warrior sales :-)

Power Player
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
"Jack will watch this vid, hear about lack of plow from the male testers..reconsider his love for the stick after spending another hour plus stringing it."

That is the inside information I was just emailed from Vegas.

BobFL
03-07-2012, 11:17 AM
"Jack will watch this vid, hear about lack of plow from the male testers..reconsider his love for the stick after spending another hour plus stringing it."

That is the inside information I was just emailed from Vegas.

Thanks for the exclusive info! Very interesting I must say. I think Jack will probably add some lead but the racquet will end up being quite ugly and voila! - a brand new avatar will be uploaded. The Warrior will be forgotten but new champion will rise...

JackB1
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the exclusive info! Very interesting I must say. I think Jack will probably add some lead but the racquet will end up being quite ugly and voila! - a brand new avatar will be uploaded. The Warrior will be forgotten but new champion will rise...

Not gonna happen :-)

Actually one of the testers who I relate with most, liked it so much, he is switching to it. Brittany also liked it. Tiffany and Chris didnt , but I didn't expect them to, to be honest.

I really don't understand any of the "lack of feel" comments whatsoever. I found the Warrior to be one of the first Prince O-Port racquets WITH great feel
and not all muted and dampened.