PDA

View Full Version : LLETON HEWITT: GREAT or HATE?

thatballwas_IN
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
with all the people talking about Lleyton's antics and language... just wanted to get a clearer picture of his reputation on tt.t-w.com.
i personally think the lil' bugger is fun to watch because he is ultra competitive and gets the absolute most out of his talent and ability.
i can also see how people would think he is a jerk though, but i do think it adds something to the game when you wonder if spitting/arguments/punches might actually happen!

C'mon! show where you stand by voting! <vish>

efice32
07-22-2005, 09:11 AM
HATE!!! He's a jerk.

thatballwas_IN
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
vote plz! thanks peeps!

Shaolin
07-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I think he's an annoying tool but wouldnt say I hate him.

Its mildly amusing seeing him get under the other player's skin like he does. Its his life, but I wouldnt want to be hated by everyone in the locker room, personally. His game is effective but tedius to watch. He does nothing different than the first time I saw him play ages ago, except his first serve is better now. His uber competitive attitude is the only thing interesting about him IMO.

Prestige_Spin
07-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Love his game and topspin lob, but hate his tennis rudness. A 50-50, so he's great and hate.

Aykhan Mammadov
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Yr poll choices are so poor. Definetly, nobody and never can state that Hewitt is GREAT player. Great players are Federer, Sampras, Borg and etc... At the same time I don't have any hate to him. He is good tennis player. And I don't ignore him, so I care when he starts playing his old tennis. The answer is: probably never again.

donnyz89
07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
I think he plays a great game. Knowing how hard it is to stay mentally strong especially playing his kinda of game, i respect him. and his in your face attitude is something i respect too. I put a lot of weight on winning as just like him so i like him.

Yours!05
07-22-2005, 03:03 PM
the lil' bugger is fun to watch because he is ultra competitive and gets the absolute most out of his talent and ability.But I don't think he's fun to watch. Drives me crazy with frustration. He has proven capacity to attack but when cornered goes immediately into defensive mode - takes the surefire losing option. There is a time to throw caution to the winds (see Suzuki v. Fed). Will he ever realise that the worst that can happen is that he will still be runner-up?
No.
As for what the Outlanders ignorantly refer to as the Lawnmower and the Vicht - these are important elements of the well-known Terra Australis folk dancing tradition, representing the slaying of a foe in battle and the final salute for a worthy opponent. Props to him for daring to do this on court, risking being called g a y.
And what you term verbal abuse? Those are the Lyrics. Doh!

(TW should Sticky this. Save a lot of keystrokes in future.)

littlelleyton
07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Love him, great player. character in the game that doesnt care what people say about him. think he is great, in fact the more comments efice32 writes that he hates him ( just incase anyone didnt understand that by now) the more i like him.
C'MON efice32 C'MON!!!!!!

pound cat
07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Hewitt gets the results, makes the money, gets the publicity, and mouths off that many amateur tennis players would like to do, but don't have the game to back them up. Keep us gossiping, Lleyton.

westside
07-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I love watching Hewitt play, he's awesome for the game

divito
07-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Great, 'nuff said.

Muse
07-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm a big fan of hewitt, I was back when he was number #1 and I still am. I liked him because my game is simliar to his. Tennis need some energy anyways, sports isn't all high-fives and congrats to your opponent. Though the ATP people might not like matches like the Hewitt/Coria one, it's great entertainment for the fans, I'm sure they'll remember that one a lot more than just another Federer win.

bismark
07-23-2005, 12:00 AM
C'mon, he's great!

Lee
07-23-2005, 01:58 AM
What makes Lleyton my favorite player is his MENTAL TENACITY. He simply plays SMART and HIGH PERCENTAGE tennis. He may not be the most interesting player to watch, but I definately model my game after his. You don't see him going for winners very often. The majority of his points come from his opponents' unforced errors. Smart player. Great player.

dbcontrol
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM
I get the feeling that the way lleyton is perceived overseas is quite different to the way we see things down under, or at least in my particular neck of the woods (Brisbane). All the people I associate with, both through tennis and elsewhere, are beginning to see what kind of person lleyton hewitt really is. The 'Aussie hero' must be doing something more than fist-pumping and mowing the lawn to gain the disrespect and outright resentment of the guys on tour: I'll leave it to you to suggest what that something is.

bismark
07-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Hewitt is an interesting character in the ATP. You either love him OR hate him. Not much in-between. People love Hewitt for his never-say-die attitude and like Lee put it, his mental tenacity. And people hate Hewitt for his pugnacious, in-you-face court demeanor.

ncode
07-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Hewitt is crazy little puberty. I hate hims defensive style of play and pitiful attacks attempts. And this schizophrenic behaviour on court... what is this?! Don't tell me this is strong will!

littlelleyton
07-23-2005, 09:03 AM
ncode could you explain what " hewitt is crazy little puberty" means??

Aykhan Mammadov
07-23-2005, 10:52 AM
This is just a simple poll to get people's perspective of Hewitt. Hewitt always have a love-hate relationship with fans, non-fans and the media.

So Aykhan, you think your poll choices are good? Most of your posts don't even make sense. Go play in your Brasil Open, idiot!

To call another poster "idiot" ( in this case - me) and especially older than you only shows that you are not cultured at all.

Since yr post is insult for me and without any reason and sudden and it is obvious break of rules of policy of TW I'll ask TW to stop yr posts here.

bismark
07-23-2005, 11:11 AM
To call another poster "idiot" ( in this case - me) and especially older than you only shows that you are not cultured at all.

Since yr post is insult for me and without any reason and sudden and it is obvious break of rules of policy of TW I'll ask TW to stop yr posts here.

Would 'moron' be a better word for you?