PDA

View Full Version : babolat question

acintya
02-20-2012, 04:11 PM
i played today with the babolat aeroprodrive wow it has so much power! i am used to play with low powered racquets and small head sizes.with this racquet i dont need to torture myself for every shoot and my movement is better.Anyway maybe a litle too much power(some hits are too long) Should i string it higher or leave it so and get used ?

Deuces Wild
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
in general, higher tension=less power

Shruf
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
you ca ntry stringing it higher at first but honestly if you think aeropro drive has that much power, i suggest you to try to slowly get used to it.

Ramon
02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I played with the APDGT for over a year, then recently switched due to arm problems.

I also found it had a lot more power than my previous racquet. Still, I didn't want to string it too tightly because that would make it stiffer and more harsh. The highest I had it strung was 62 with a poly/syngut hybrid, but it was still very powerful and clearly too harsh on my arm. I settled on a range of 55-58 with a multifilament, depending on the string. I liked the longer dwell time with looser softer strings, and it seemed to be more forgiving that way also. The power was always a little bit of a problem for me, but it didn't seem to be any worse in the mid-50's compared to the low-60's.