PDA

View Full Version : adidas CC Feather III

adista4
02-21-2012, 06:46 AM
I wonder if anyone could give me some feedback on the CC feather III, because I'm considering buying a pair to use on hardcourts. I know it's specially built for claycourts, but I used some feather II's on hardcourts in the past and just loved them. Are the II's and III's any similar? I currently use 3 pairs of CB 3.3's and an adizero Ace, but the adizero is terrible in any category, except confort maybe.

Borrelli
02-21-2012, 07:14 AM
I think the "CC" stands for "clima cool" not "clay court"? They don't seem to have the standard clay herringbone sole either. I've heard those little puckers on the sole dig up the clay too. I wanted to get the red Roland Garros ones a few years back but never pulled the trigger. I'm sure they'd be fine for hard courts.

adista4
02-21-2012, 07:17 AM
yes indeed, the CC stands for climacool, but I'm pretty sure these are claycourt shoes, which could also be used on hardcourts.

minitraveller
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I had a pair of Feather III's and really liked them for the clay. They're exteremely light, comfortable, and well ventilated. However, I used them on hardcourts a few times, and while they performed well, I could tell that the sole material was wearing out pretty quickly compared to normal 'hard court' shoes. That would be the only drawback. Oh yeah, at least for me, they seemed to be on the narrow side as far as fit is concerned.

adidasman
02-22-2012, 07:30 AM
The Feather was exclusively a clay court shoe until 2011, but I used to wear them on hard courts and they were great. (Agassi did at the end of his career, too.) Yeah, they're not Barricades in terms of durability, but they held up well for me. (I'm not hard on shoes, though.)

natureexplorer
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Is there any place where one can still buy the Adidas CC Feather in size 11.5 (US)?

They used to be great to play with on clay. I haven't seen any similar shoes.

borrachodemierda
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
I had a pair of Feather III's and really liked them for the clay. They're exteremely light, comfortable, and well ventilated. However, I used them on hardcourts a few times, and while they performed well, I could tell that the sole material was wearing out pretty quickly compared to normal 'hard court' shoes. That would be the only drawback. Oh yeah, at least for me, they seemed to be on the narrow side as far as fit is concerned.

I second this, I would also like to share that my experience with the cushioning, mainly on the forefoot, which is not as good as nike's max breathe cage

airdupont
05-02-2012, 02:29 AM
This was one of the best shoes I have ever worn....can't find it anywhere....not the CC Feather 4.....Adidas should re-release them!