PDA

View Full Version : "Tweeners". I'm not sure how people can put certain racquets in the same class

dman72
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
For example, there are people posting threads comparing a 22MM beamed rebel 98 or exo3 warrior or a radical MP to a pure drive. :confused: I've hit with a pure drive and an APD before. These are very stiff racquets with thick beams. They swing and feel completely different compared to, say, a LM radical MP or or any other number of relatively thin beamed MP... much more power.

It seems that there are some people who think that everything under 12 ounces with a 100 inch head is a tweener. In my experience there is a huge difference between MP players sticks and true tweeners..usually stiffness and/or beam width. The difference in power between my Shark o3 mp and exo3 graphite is HUGE. I need to string my shark at 60+ pounds to keep the ball in the court. The o3 graphite I can string in the 40's and still need to swing out to get any zip.

I just find it odd when people ask for an alternative to an APD, and someone says "radical mp". To me this is a wildly different frame.

bluetrain4
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
While I agree that overbroad categories (or any categories at all) are pointless, why does it matter how anyone else categorizes a racquet? People are going to continue to categorize differently from each other no matter how much you or I protest.

For me there's simply "racquets I like" and "racquets I don't like." Whether people think of the racquets I like as "players" frames, "tweeners" or somethning else, I don't care.

Larrysümmers
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
While I agree that overbroad categories (or any categories at all) are pointless, why does it matter how anyone else categorizes a racquet? People are going to continue to categorize differently from each other no matter how much you or I protest.

For me there's simply "racquets I like" and "racquets I don't like." Whether people think of the racquets I like as "players" frames, "tweeners" or somethning else, I don't care.

yeah pretty much.

thug the bunny
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
To me the difference between my KPS88 or Redondo Mid and the LM Rad MP is HUGE. The LM is more powerful, light, stiff, and hollow feeling in comparison, so to me it is a 'tweener'.

dman72
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
To me the difference between my KPS88 or Redondo Mid and the LM Rad MP is HUGE. The LM is more powerful, light, stiff, and hollow feeling in comparison, so to me it is a 'tweener'.

I don't disagree that the difference between the LM Rad and the KPS88 is huge, but does that mean that the LM Rad and a pure drive are in the same class because they aren't the KPS88?

Anybody can make any comparison they want, knock yourself out. If you want to do a comparison between a KPS88 and a Big Bubba no one is stopping you. It's about the relative use of these comparisons.

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
you have to understand that on TT the correct answer to ANY 'what racquet should I.." question is ALWAYS the LM Radical MP