PDA

View Full Version : Thinnest leather grip sold on TW?

bluetrain4
02-22-2012, 07:31 AM
I always liked the TW private label grip which was the thinner of the two thicknesses available. But, it appears that TW is out of stock. Any suggestions for a thin leather grip?

Power Player
02-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Babolat Leather is rather thin.

Rabbit
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
After reading all the good things about the Head Leather Grip, I got the bug and ordered two. I replaced the TW thin grips with the Head and really like the Head better.

Let me look, I might have one or two TW thin grips that I haven't used if you're interested.

Power Player
02-22-2012, 09:02 AM
rabbit..would you happen to know the weight of the TW grip after being wrapped and cut?

lgbalfa
02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
After reading all the good things about the Head Leather Grip, I got the bug and ordered two. I replaced the TW thin grips with the Head and really like the Head better.

Let me look, I might have one or two TW thin grips that I haven't used if you're interested.

i sent you an email if still available.

Rabbit
02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
rabbit..would you happen to know the weight of the TW grip after being wrapped and cut?

Here's is a thread where I measure before and after...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=377629&page=2

The TW Thin leather wrapped and cut on a Prince EXO 3 was about 3 grams heavier than the stock synthetic grip. The TW leather grip is 17 grams versus 14 grams for the synthetic grip.

i sent you an email if still available.

Yes, I saw that. I'll look tomorrow and reply, thanks.

Power Player
02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Very nice..im thinking of going back to that. I have babolat leather now. It doesnt absorb that well though. Using tourna on top.

Pneumated1
02-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Rabbit, I'm actually demoing the IG Prestiges and the Bio. 300 this week and really like the feel of the Head leather myself. I have TW leathers on my Londons, but they push the balance a little more headlight than I want to go. Maybe I got the medium thickness; I can't remember.

Do you happen to know the trimmed weight of the Head leathers? If I stick with the Londons, I may go this route, as they're reported to be lighter, and the feel is exceptional; that I do know.

I'm actually leaning towards buying and modifying a Bio. 300. In that case, I'd most likely go with Volkl leather for more weight and headlightness, as I put quite a bit of lead in the head of Dunlop 300's. As usual, thanks!