PDA

View Full Version : UK vs US Sizing?

Z3kk
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey, talk tennis! I would really appreciate your help on something, so here goes! :)

Recently, I bought a Fed Wimby 2011 polo as well as a Fed FO 2011 polo, both in size S, both off of ****. Both shirts fit very well. One I bought from what appeared to be a US seller (glob*ltenn*s...not sure whether it's ok to say that), and one definitely from a UK seller.

Anyway, both of their items said 34-36" chest for their sizing, and both of them SEEM to fit the same at this point. Anyway, they're both very comfortable, and that's what matters :D

Would you guys say that they're in UK or US size?

Right now, I'm looking at the Raglan polo in the Nike US store in obsidian. They do have an XS size, and I'm wondering whether this US XS size is equivalent to the size S that I got from the two other vendors. I really can't tell at this point. I measured my own chest and it's barely over 34"...yeah, I'm pretty thin.

Well, thanks so much!

Apologies for the title...I could have made it more interesting >.<

NJ1
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
US and UK Nike sizing is exactly the same. So S=S, M=M and so on.

I always have to size down for Nike as their clothes aren't designed for people in the best of shape.

Z3kk
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Ah... darn T_________T

I really really really wanted that obsidian raglan...just amazing+classy and looks sort of like his Darth Fed outfits...sigh. They only have that in XS now, and all the other stores sold out of it a while ago.

The "imperial blue" looks gaudy and pretty terrible in comparison, imo, but they do have that in S.....

I guess I'll have to wait a while and hope some of them pop up on eb*y later. The ones up now are like $90 USD -__-

Thanks! T_T

UnLeaDED_GaSoLiNE™
02-25-2012, 08:35 PM
UK and US sizing is the same when it comes to tops but is different with shorts. I like the raglan shirt als0, I bought one last month for $48 + shipping. Try calling Nike customer service or using their online chat to have someone locate a store within US that may carry the shirt in your size. They will give you a number, call the store, say you want it shipped (add around 9-10 for standard, 15 for 2 day ship) and they will check for you. That is how I got mine. Just know that the design (contrast piping) is seam welded that causes the shirt to have pointy shoulders at certain positions which makes you look like LADY GAGA in one of her crazy outfits. Maybe I exagerated that but it looks something like this:
http://www.lojatenisbrasil.com.br/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/2/424964-451.jpg

Fuji
02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
UK and US sizing is the same when it comes to tops but is different with shorts. I like the raglan shirt als0, I bought one last month for $48 + shipping. Try calling Nike customer service or using their online chat to have someone locate a store within US that may carry the shirt in your size. They will give you a number, call the store, say you want it shipped (add around 9-10 for standard, 15 for 2 day ship) and they will check for you. That is how I got mine. Just know that the design (contrast piping) is seam welded that causes the shirt to have pointy shoulders at certain positions which makes you look like LADY GAGA in one of her crazy outfits. Maybe I exagerated that but it looks something like this:
http://www.lojatenisbrasil.com.br/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/2/424964-451.jpg

I'm wearing this shirt right now. :)

Very comfy! I highly recommend.

I think I paid $80.00 American for mine, so they are still a bit pricey. The shoulders aren't nearly as noticable as you say. It might have to do with me wearing an XL, so it isn't as skin tight.

-Fuji

Z3kk
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Haha, sweet, yeah.

I pickled one up for 66.60 usd shipped from a british online store, after some hardcore hunting :D looking forward to getting it :3

syke
02-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Why do all of these Fed polos have such short sleeves? I have broad shoulders, on me they always look like a size too small.

kingofstring
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
They fit the same on me.